Cassidy breaks down Eminem's fraudulent rhyme scheme

Phantom Dreamer

All Star
Daps
I’m not following Cass’ logic. Why is near rhyming bad? Shouldn’t you be rewarded for creatively rhyming words that people wouldn’t expect?

why are in line rhymes bad or less valued that multis? Seems like he’s artificially limiting himself lol

that's what i thought, but after listening to him, i can respect it if that's his code as a lyricist :yeshrug:

Daps
The fukk is this n*gga babbling about? :what:

You have to rhyme and sound like how you talk to be considered dope?? This whole video was a bunch of mental masturbation trying to justify why in his head his method of constructing rhymes is somehow better or more complex than other rappers. It's like this fool never learned anything about poetry, language, inflection, or rhyme schemes in grade school.

And wtf is he talking about in the beginning? Seventy-six and plenty of chicks doesn't rhyme?

:mindblown:

I didn't even pay to watch that video and I want my money back. :camby:

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
You can learn syllabic rhyme patterns and become eminem. You can't learn the spirit/soul of artistic expression and become KDot. That's why nikkas can never put thier finger on why they can't goat the yt boy. The answer is his music doesnt move you. It only makes you respect his schemes.
Really? KDot got a lose yourself? He got a my name is? He ever go diamond? On 3 different albums? Somebody is moved by his music.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ya but if everyone rapped like what he is saying the the real skilled way to do it then wouldn't that get boring?

Look at Lupe Fiasco, he doesn't rap like Eminem at all, but who talks like Mural? Nobody, doesn't mean that ain't skill!

That's one thing.
The second thing is, Cassidy is limiting himself in terms of flow if he always raps like how he talks.

I'm a big Cass fan btw

Nobody is calling Lupe the best rapper ever or putting up there with 2pac big and nas lmao

Eminem is a white lupe, that is the perfect example, if eminem was black he would be lupe that's how his career would've went

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Em style is fire regardless though but i get the point

My problem with Em is subject matter i think his flow is tip notch

Often times my guy has nothing to say

When he focussed? We get Lose Yourself and I am and Stan and other classics but most of the time especially nowadays post Encore he's just babbling nonsense rhyming words in a cool way but ultimately its stuff thats very forgettable.

Ziploc

Celestial
Daps
He made some valid points but this just lands different coming from him. He suffers from some of the same weak points he was pointing out.