Cassidy breaks down Eminem's fraudulent rhyme scheme

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
This niqqa is a million percent right

Odd how his theory on this shyt is so advanced bit his actual output is sort of middling. He's mad nice but I can't remember him really touching me to where I sought him out.

I'm actually going to evaluate my own style now. I rely heavily on a freestyle type approach, only actually writing with a pen at the very end just to catalog the verse.

Starting with the pen would open up the capability of structuring meticulously like he was describing. Gonna try that soon.

Also, I am an abuser of obscure words and cryptic phrases. I think I'm gonna try the approach of using common speech.

Great vid.

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ive never heard this breakdown on rhyming. Its very interesting hearing him try to explain it.

but i dont agree thats its not dope or whatever he think it is. He says it isnt street or whatever.

But rhyming is style and it should be about trying different ways to say shyt that we have all heard before. Whether it be flow, vocal tone, changing the way words are said to rhyme it from the bar before.

funny seeing dalyt looking almost lost in this
As prolific as he is.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have no issues with it. At the end of the day you need to make songs and when that happens you have to cheat a bit. Cassidy has no idea how to make a complete album so he wouldn’t get it.

cass wants everyone to rhyme the exact same.

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
We devalued our own creation...

The result is what we have. Not all bad...but no standard. Wide open to those who have no business being here.

There's a spectrum, and one side is more loaded than the other. 95% of the population is over there. Long as it looks and sounds good, it's a go for them. Problem with that ideology is you can be infiltrated by hustlin imitators.

Sex Luthor

I'm like kryptonite to these thots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
I’m not following Cass’ logic. Why is near rhyming bad? Shouldn’t you be rewarded for creatively rhyming words that people wouldn’t expect?

why are in line rhymes bad or less valued that multis? Seems like he’s artificially limiting himself lol
He is definitely limiting himself. Cass sounds like a hipster. Fake ass rap connoisseur

BangBike

N.M.B 🚲
Daps
Cass is basically saying he prefers rappers with a limited vocabulary, because he doesn't speak with big words. He doesn't think that stacking syllables, slant rhyming, or bending words is impressive, because the hood doesn't speak that way..

By his metrics, Rakim, G. Rap and Pun are all trash while he's goat tier... :mjlol:

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
Cass is on point

The first Detroit rapper on a major was on that tip Robert S.

Rakim dissed him "big words do nothing but confuse and lose"

As ill as cats like Eminem and Elzhi are they styles have the same fatal flaw cause they come from the same school of rapping

Detroit rap is the most unbalanced shyt ever its either SUPER basic or OD advanced to the point of being lyrically retarded in a sense....most people who dont rap themselves wouldn't really get his point

Eminem's style is like a failed experiment

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
Ya but if everyone rapped like what he is saying the the real skilled way to do it then wouldn't that get boring?

Look at Lupe Fiasco, he doesn't rap like Eminem at all, but who talks like Mural? Nobody, doesn't mean that ain't skill!

That's one thing.
The second thing is, Cassidy is limiting himself in terms of flow if he always raps like how he talks.

I'm a big Cass fan btw
You’re a Marshall maggot. people always go on rants about shyt then end it with 0h iM @ bIg faN by D@ waY
Only people moved by Marshall are white

Black Sinatra

Raised Glass to the Squandered Potentials..
Daps
Reppin
DSGB
Really? KDot got a lose yourself? He got a my name is? He ever go diamond? On 3 different albums? Somebody is moved by his music.
1. Rap is/was consumed by the yt youth, they arms were heavy with moms spaghetti...n shyt...angst is crack to crackas.
2. Great yt hopism exists in every art/sport category.
3. Kendrick got TPAB/Damn, I would trade eminems entire catalogue for these 2 albums.

Thats me tho, and I feel soul in rap...its not just bars to me. I've owned Pun, Cannibus, King Los, and Pharoah Monch albums...bars are the other half of an equation.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
1. Rap is/was consumed by the yt youth, they arms were heavy with moms spaghetti...n shyt...angst is crack to crackas.
2. Great yt hopism exists in every art/sport category.
3. Kendrick got TPAB/Damn, I would trade eminems entire catalogue for these 2 albums.

Thats me tho, and I feel soul in rap...its not just bars to me. I've owned Pun, Cannibus, King Los, and Pharoah Monch albums...bars are the other half of an equation.
Thats u. Its at least 10mil ppl that would ride with Prime Em

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
:russ::russ:
nikkas criticizing Cassidy but can't dispute his point
Exactly.. It was very specific.

If you can write, do multis with stretching the words and talking weird, and rap it like you talking, it's harder to do....

IT IS :yeshrug:

He purposely said you can like other styles more.. But writing that way without using any shortcuts, and make it sound better, is harder to do. And I'm not even agreeing he's one of the nicest doing it. But word to Conway, that shyt is hard and comes off as easy to do and easy to grasp... But if you break down how he's flowing, it's not easy to pull off at all... Think Styles P