Cartoons you'd instantly turn off the TV and go outside as soon as you see the opening theme

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
Also, not a cartoon, but Nick News with Linda Ellerbee. I was always like :francis: whenever that came on. It would always be Sunday or Monday night and it just killed my vibe. I'm surprised it ran as long as it did because after a while, it didn't even feel like something Nickelodeon would make. :russ:
This is the answer right here, my moms couldn't afford to cop me a decent TV so she went to a pawn shop and copped one of those old colored TV's with the dial on that shyt to turn the channel and it only went up like 40 channels on basic cable but it was cool because if you plugged a VCR into it you could somehow get ur channels off that shyt, idr how it worked but I fukked up the VCR and Nick on basic cable where I was at was like channel 30 so that was like the only cartoon channel I could watch unless my moms was out and my cousins were all gone then I could just watch the TV in the living room.

it was definitely sunday because I remember i'd be stuck watching it eating my sunday dinner because it came on before Fox played all the animation piff, I fukking HAAAATTTEEEED that shyt man. :russ:

MacNCheese

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Can't believe no one's mentioned Butt Ugly Martians. I don't remember the name of it but there was this one show on Kids WB that was basically like Looney Toon characters but they were superheroes in a futuristic semi post apocalyptic setting. Whatever it was, it was basura.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

my younger brother used to watch this loudly every fukking day after school and im like...:damn: turn that corny shyt off!!!!
the worse cartoon ever invented even horrible intro...
CHRt.gif

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Can't believe no one's mentioned Butt Ugly Martians. I don't remember the name of it but there was this one show on Kids WB that was basically like Looney Toon characters but they were superheroes in a futuristic semi post apocalyptic setting. Whatever it was, it was basura.

Loonatics

loonatics-unleashed

Believe or not the original designs looked to hardcore and they had to tone em down.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I don't think y'all gen had great cartoons, toys or heros.
post the real ghostbusters on Saturday abc and turtles on weekday.

the answer to this for real tho is.
the first season of filmation ghostbusters.
after wgn stopped showing gi joe and transformers. It aired at 4.30.

it was definitely time to go on what is called the five now back then.
although i seem to remember the second season of this offbrand original ghostbusters being an improvement. Yet still night years behind thr real ghostbusters. Which picked up continuity. right after the first movie down to the contaminated uniforms.

that filmation ghostbusters is what signaled the end of the party,...frfr.

saber rider that one summer vacation airing at twelve every weekday.
was like the last time to not miss a cartoon regardless of what the fukk is going on.
to bad they never gave us a proper fireball and his car to play with at the very least.
I remember vividly running in to catch sabre rider at 1156 that one summer.

Our toys and cartoons dreamscape of dopeness.
that will go unmatched because of the communications act of 1996.
plus STEVE o's father sending us all off.

art barr

Last edited:

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo, some of y'all are really tripping in here :mjtf:

I can't believe Aah, Real Monsters has been mentioned multiple times :gucci:
It might have been good but as soon as i'd see that hairy armpit monster pop up i had to change the channel swiftly.