#CarnellGang we got another one! @4d 6f 6e 65 79 was right AA's be more patriotic! We built this!

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
As a UK Breh (Caribbean Descent), I don't see what is so offensive or divisive with AA's having ethnic pride seeing as they are the second biggest and easily the most succesful member of the diaspora. You have small caribbean and african countries that are extremely proud without even a quarter of AA achievements. Very few people on this planet have earnt the right to be as proud as AA's IMO.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Why are you full of shyt? I posted the first definition of the word or how it's usually defined, and the point was to show that ethnocentrism means division. You're arguing semantics. "Well it don't have to mean that we think our group is superior, it can also mean that we just think our group is more important". Whether you're saying that you think "your group" is more important or superior, the point is you're dividing/separating your group from the rest. Y'all are saying that AAs should see themselves as a separate group or tribe from other blacks. Own that and stop denying it.

acknowledging you own distinct group/culture is just reality, nothing to do with being divisive

95c7011b2fc91d742e0947e444cffe4a--be-proud-of-top-news.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

CI9xCq6VEAQxygT.jpg

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
When Europeans came here to America, they left that ethnocentrism shyt at the door and all united under this general vague term called "white". They spent some time in-fighting with each other separating themselves by ethnicity, but it didn't take those different ethnic groups from Europe long to realize that their best bet was coming together against others, blacks in particular.

white people in america while identifying under "white" are still very pro-their own backgrounds.

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
Pan Africanism is the wave but lets be real. Due to cultural barriers it will get no further than trade and public solidarity which is more than enough. All those expecting a kumbaya hand holding sleepover arent being realistic.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
acknowledging you own distinct group/culture is just reality, nothing to do with being divisive

95c7011b2fc91d742e0947e444cffe4a--be-proud-of-top-news.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

CI9xCq6VEAQxygT.jpg
You c00ns are no different than trump supporters. You're not being divisive just like trump supporters aren't being racist. It's not racially divisive when whites acknowledge their own group and prioritize their group over all other groups right? That's not called racism huh?

I never said that there aren't blacks from other groups who practice tribalism, I'm saying that it breeds division amongst blacks that has been used against us for centuries. It's fukk those other groups too. If you're a black person who puts anything before being black then you're a c00n.

Stop being a pussie. Y'all are doing more than just acknowledging your own group. You're putting your amerikkkan status before your race. You all are saying that black Americans are their own group and that they should prioritize their group over everything and everyone else. That's the definition of being divisive.
I just quoted it in the bold:gucci:
Who popularized the term African American since you deny that it was Jesse Jackson? Lying ass bytch.
Pan Africanism is the wave but lets be real. Due to cultural barriers it will get no further than trade and public solidarity which is more than enough. All those expecting a kumbaya hand holding sleepover arent being realistic.
This thread contradicts public solidarity amongst people classified as black. You clowns kill me with these straw man arguments. The only people who have mentioned the word "kumbaya" are you clowns.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Whites are literally marching in solidarity uniting their groups against all non whites while you dumb motherfukkers sit here perpetuating division amongst yours. The racist white groups don't give a fukk about ethnicity. They accept anyone who's white and they even accept some non whites. A lot of these white racists are with Asian women.

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
Whites are literally marching in solidarity uniting their groups against all non whites while you dumb motherfukkers sit here perpetuating division amongst yours. The racist white groups don't give a fukk about ethnicity. They accept anyone who's white and they even accept some non whites. A lot of these white racists are with Asian women.

First part I agree with but it's lowkey disingenuous to pretend that racist whites accept anyone. Certain Eastern Europeans are mistreated by Anglos and so were/are the Irish. They have their own issues but most importantly they try to keep a public united front and support white businesses.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
First part I agree with but it's lowkey disingenuous to pretend that racist whites accept anyone. Certain Eastern Europeans are mistreated by Anglos and so were/are the Irish. They have their own issues but most importantly they try to keep a public united front and support white businesses.
Of course there's in-fighting between whites.......duhhhhh. There's always going to be a hierarchy and infighting inside any large group. It's disingenuous for you to deflect and dodge the point. The point is that regardless of their differences and the infighting, whites don't put anything above their race. The Eastern Europeans and the Mediterranean Europeans may get mistreated by the more Anglo whites but their pledge to whiteness never wanes. They'll never put anything above that whiteness. That's the point. Look at the crowd in these race riots in Virginia. You don't see these crackers running around with #irishgang #italianmob and all that. Everything is about white power.

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
Of course theirs in-fighting between whites.......duhhhhh. There's always going to be a hierarchy and infighting inside any large group. It's disingenuous for you to deflect and dodge the point. The point is that regardless of their differences and the infighting, whites don't put anything above their race. The Eastern Europeans and the Mediterranean Europeans may get mistreated by the more Anglo whites but their pledge to whiteness never wanes. They'll never put anything above that whiteness. That's the point. Look at the crowd in these race riots in Virginia. You don't see these crackers running around with #irishgang #italianmob and all that. Everything is about white power.

Agree and also I feel that theres a complete lack of public solidatarity amongst black groups but I think it's best to aim for trade first and then see.
I don't see the issue with having pride aslong as you don't disrespect others and that can be a thin line.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Are we now pretending Black Americans don't unite and rally? :mjlol:

Thread should be renamed "#AAgang gives Gravity that work" :banderas: