intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
From what i've researched, most of the Caribbean migrants to Panama/Costa Rica were Anglophone or Martinique/Guadeloupe, were many Haitians there too?
Yup

I personally know some that live there.

• Dap
Reactions: Dip

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
I don't consider the countries in the bolded to be Caribbean. And lets be honest the only reason people consider Guyana and Belize to be Caribbean is because they were colonized by the English. :yeshrug:
the culture of Guyana and Suriname is too similar to the rest of the Caribbean for them not to be Caribbean. also i know French Guyana gets a lot of Caribbean migrants and they are similar in culture to Haiti and Martinique and Guadeloupe. there's also a large physical barrier (Guiana Shield and Highlands) that for centuries separated the Guianas from the rest of South America

even if we debate over Venezuela and Panama, Guyana and Suriname are definitely Caribbean nations

for example where else exists douglas?

Guyana
melanie-fiona-steve-madden-music-summer-concert-series-14.jpg

Trini
article-2595085-1CC0BF4A00000578-33_634x633.jpg

Panama
Tali_afropanamom_indotrinidad.jpg

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Im gonna need you to DEFINE caribbean

To me Caribbean are nations that are in the Caribbean sea. How you exclude Cuba and include Bahamas in the Caribbean is delusional.

The Bahamas are technically in North America.

Cuba = Caribbean
Dominican Republic = Caribbean
Puerto Rico = Caribbean

Seems like you'r eone of them cats that reserves the term caribbean to English speaking islands or something

Reading this post again it seems you took the image of the Caribbean Community LITERALLY while also ignoring the majority posts by me which showed women from islands that are not just English speaking. That post was implying that nations that are not physically apart of the Caribbean but are also apart of the Caribbean community like the Bahamas, Belize and Guyana CAN be added in this thread! I tried to make that clear multiple times.

No duh Cuba, DR and PR are Caribbean who said they aren't??? Their just not full members of Caricom. Doesn't mean they CANT be included.Since their PHYSICALLY apart of the Caribbean and their culture is SUCH. Read the note in the OP. I address all of this.

As for the bolded thats just you putting words in my mouth. When in reality I posted images from not just English Islands, but also French and Spanish. Hell I even think I posted more Spanish speaker islanders such as Dominicans and Puerto Ricans than English! You should know this since you were helping out in this thread since day one!

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
the culture of Guyana and Suriname is too similar to the rest of the Caribbean for them not to be Caribbean. also i know French Guyana gets a lot of Caribbean migrants and they are similar in culture to Haiti and Martinique and Guadeloupe. there's also a large physical barrier (Guiana Shield and Highlands) that for centuries separated the Guianas from the rest of South America

even if we debate over Venezuela and Panama, Guyana and Suriname are definitely Caribbean nations

for example where else exists douglas?

Guyana
melanie-fiona-steve-madden-music-summer-concert-series-14.jpg

Trini
article-2595085-1CC0BF4A00000578-33_634x633.jpg

Panama
Tali_afropanamom_indotrinidad.jpg
The English speaking Caribbean, Guyana and Suriname were colonized by the same group of people that's why there are similarities. Guyana and Suriname are physically located in South America. Their coastal lines aren't even touching the Caribbean sea. Columbia and Venezuela have more claim to the Caribbean than those 2 countries. Outside of Trinidad, Douglas are basically non-existent in the Caribbean. They only exist in Trinidad and Guyana because the English brought over Indians to work the fields at the end of the 19th century.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
The English speaking Caribbean, Guyana and Suriname were colonized by the same group of people that's why there are similarities. Guyana and Suriname are physically located in South America. Their coastal lines aren't even touching the Caribbean sea. Columbia and Venezuela have more claim to the Caribbean than those 2 countries. Outside of Trinidad, Douglas are basically non-existent in the Caribbean. They only exist in Trinidad and Guyana because the English brought over Indians to work the fields at the end of the 19th century.
the Caribbean is a cultural region. Douglas exist in other islands too, like Jamaica and St. Lucia

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
:ohhh:Colombians in Queens really think they are Caribbean?

sidenote: all the Colombian chicks i've met are bad as shyt :whew: might be among the top 5 in Latin America

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
the Caribbean is a cultural region. Douglas exist in other islands too, like Jamaica and St. Lucia
We'll have to agree to disagree. And yeah I know that, but they aren't like 20% of the population like they are in Trinidad. But more like .03% of the population. Not even worth mentioning.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
Never seen those type of Colombians or Hondurans identify with Caribbean culture. At least here in NY...

Hondurans always chilled with other Central Americans like Mexicans and Guatemalans.
The people I've met that said they are Caribbean were born and raised in those countries