• Dap
Reactions: Dip

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
:ld:imo we shouldn't include Colombians

I understand what you are saying. However, technically it is on the Caribbean.....the irony is that Guyana is always incuded as part of the Caribbean, yet is technically not on the Caribbean, but on the Atlantic Ocean.....:yeshrug:

I think Panama should be in this thread, I always see Panama flags at the West Indian carnivals, and I know they got the top 3 finest women I've seen in the Western Hemisphere.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
I understand what you are saying. However, technically it is on the Caribbean.....the irony is that Guyana is always incuded as part of the Caribbean, yet is technically not on the Caribbean, but on the Atlantic Ocean.....:yeshrug:

I think Panama should be in this thread, I always see Panama flags at the West Indian carnivals, and I know they got the top 3 finest women I've seen in the Western Hemisphere.
The Bahamas too. They are in the Atlantic Ocean, not in the Caribbean sea.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)

Actually from what I just read Guyana is on the Caribbean coast. And again the reason why I am allowing Guyana and Belize is because not only is their culture heavily Caribbean, but they are also full members of the Caribbean community. Where as Colombia is not and most of the Colombia culture is not of Caribbean influence. Just saying.

The Bahamas is included because its culture is not only heavily Caribbean influenced but it too is a member of the Caribbean community.

Edit: You're right Guyana is NOT apart of the Caribbean sea. But cultural and politically via the Caribbean community it is. But Guyana IS apart of the West Indies IIRC...

Last edited:

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Actually from what I just read Guyana is on the Caribbean coast. And again the reason why I am allowing Guyana and Belize is because not only is their culture heavily Caribbean, but they are also full members of the Caribbean community. Where as Colombia is not and most of the Colombia culture is not of Caribbean influence. Just saying.

The Bahamas is included because its culture is not only heavily Caribbean influenced but it too is a member of the Caribbean community.

Edit: You're right Guyana is NOT apart of the Caribbean sea. But cultural and politically via the Caribbean community it is. But Guyana IS apart of the West Indies IIRC...

That's a negative my geographically challenged breh :russ:
geography-of-guyana0.gif

Edit: Ok.

Hey, carry on though :manny:. You still gave us one of the strongest African women threads ever. :myman:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
No one actually gives a damn about Caricom in the Caribbean.

Last edited:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caribbean_region_of_Colombia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venezuelan_Caribbean

Like I've said I don't consider any country that isn't an Island as part of the Caribbean. Guyana and Suriname are South American countries and Belize and Panana are Central American countries.
the culture of Belize, Guyana, Suriname, and Panama (especially Guyana and Suriname) are Caribbean. thats why they are included. Those two especially have very little in common with South America and South Americans don't consider them part of South America or Latin America
Good point but some countries are PHYSICALLY in north America but considered part of Caribbean Culture.

See Bahamas.

YES if you look at your MAP The Bahamas and Mexico are part of North America

But culturally The Bahamas is Caribbean and Mexico is Latin/Central American

Too Many IGNORANT people like to reserve the term "Caribbean" for english speaking territories only :pacspit:
Some parts may consider themselves caribbean because said part has caribbean ancestry/roots and culture. Costa-Rica is the perfect example of this

And before you argue with me know that I have been to Caribbean Carnival in Costa-Rica.... TWICE.

WHen you have a minute do some research on a town called Limon in Costa Rica. Most of the people there are black and consider themselves Caribbean. Ive been there many times. Beautiful place. Poor but beautiful

http://veraguarainforest.com/blog/limon-carnival-celebrates-costa-ricas-afro-caribbean-culture/
i know about Costa Rica, i live in a heavily Costa Rican area and i'm part Jamaican. those black Caribbeans are descendents of Jamaicans, Bajans, Martiniquans etc that came for work. More went to Panama (and as a result its more culturally Caribbean than the other Central American countries). i would consider Belize and Panama to be Caribbean and Costa Rica not really because their Caribbean descendant population is relatively small and their country doesn't associate with Caribbeans anyway

Panama for sure. Colombia's culture is more South American/Andean influenced than Caribbean which is why i don't consider them Caribbean. and as far as i know they don't consider themselves Caribbean either