Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Again note any nations that are apart of the Caribbean union whether they are nations of the mainland like Belize and Guyana CAN be added to this thread.

To qualify. An island must physically be apart of the Caribbean or a full member of the CC like Belize and Guyana. :smile:

Sensei

Hallowed Be Thy Game
Daps
:ld:imo we shouldn't include Colombians

Its not Colombian woman per se, but Cartegena women of Colombia, they have a strong Spanish Caribbean influence and consider themselves Caribbean.

It would be the same as the some parts of Central America who have Caribbean influence and are considered the Caribbean.IE Lima in Costa Rica and Colon in Panama,and other parts of Central America.

Last edited:

Sensei

Hallowed Be Thy Game
Daps
Agreed. Not only is Colombia not a full member of the CC, but unlike Belize and Guyana its culture is hardly influenced by Caribbeans. Just my opinion.

Parts of Colombia do have Caribbean influence, not West Indian, but Spanish Caribbean influence.Some of them would even descend from Colombian equivalent of cocolos.

Never-Any-Fine-Especially-From-540ce4b34cef0.gif

Wuk-Up-Snack-Better-Copy-540cbe0679d29.gif

Hypnotized-By-Di-Tun-Up-540c687189f2d.gif

Sexy-Brownin-GT-540b47a18b00f.gif

Last edited:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Its not Colombian woman per se, but Cartegena women of Colombia, they have a strong Spanish Caribbean influence and consider themselves Caribbean.

It would be the same as the some parts of Central America who have Caribbean influence and are considered the Caribbean.IE Lima in Costa Rica and Colon in Panama,and other parts of Central America.
Im not an expert but if we were talking about Venezuela or Panama id agree. Colombia ehh. The other central american countries have established links to the caribbean

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
:ld:imo we shouldn't include Colombians
Why, because they speak Spanish? If we include South and Central American countries like Guyana, Belize and Suriname then why not. Colombia, Panama, Venezuela etc are just as much Caribbean as those other territories. Their coastlines touch the Caribbean sea also. I've met people from those countries that consider themselves Caribbean.

I for one don't consider any of those countries Caribbean and I would say most Caribbean people feel that way. If you aren't from an island in the Caribbean, I don't consider you Caribbean.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Why, because they speak Spanish? If we include South and Central American countries like Guyana, Belize and Suriname then why not. Colombia, Panama, Venezuela etc are just as much Caribbean as those other territories. Their coastlines touch the Caribbean sea also. I've met people from those countries that consider themselves Caribbean.

I for one don't consider any of those countries Caribbean and I would say most Caribbean people feel that way. If you aren't from an island in the Caribbean, I don't consider you Caribbean.
Colombia does not have the cultural links to the Caribbean like a Belize, Guyana, Suriname, or Panama. It has nothing to do with language :stopitslime: if we include Colombia we need to include honduras and the US:francis:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
Colombia does not have the cultural links to the Caribbean like a Belize, Guyana, Suriname, or Panama. It has nothing to do with language :stopitslime: if we include Colombia we need to include honduras and the US:francis:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caribbean_region_of_Colombia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venezuelan_Caribbean

Like I've said I don't consider any country that isn't an Island as part of the Caribbean. Guyana and Suriname are South American countries and Belize and Panana are Central American countries.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caribbean_region_of_Colombia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venezuelan_Caribbean

Like I've said I don't consider any country that isn't an Island as part of the Caribbean. Guyana and Suriname are South American countries and Belize and Panana are Central American countries.
Good point but some countries are PHYSICALLY in north America but considered part of Caribbean Culture.

See Bahamas.

YES if you look at your MAP The Bahamas and Mexico are part of North America

But culturally The Bahamas is Caribbean and Mexico is Latin/Central American

Too Many IGNORANT people like to reserve the term "Caribbean" for english speaking territories only :pacspit:
Some parts may consider themselves caribbean because said part has caribbean ancestry/roots and culture. Costa-Rica is the perfect example of this

And before you argue with me know that I have been to Caribbean Carnival in Costa-Rica.... TWICE.

WHen you have a minute do some research on a town called Limon in Costa Rica. Most of the people there are black and consider themselves Caribbean. Ive been there many times. Beautiful place. Poor but beautiful

http://veraguarainforest.com/blog/limon-carnival-celebrates-costa-ricas-afro-caribbean-culture/

Last edited:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
@Dip and @GreatestLaker@KidStranglehold

These are caribbean carnival pictures in Limon Costa-Rica. I have some i took myself while in Limon and Puerto Viejo that i can post later when im home. Same thing happend in Panama also. I woulndt be surprised if certain regions of Venezuela and Columbia are the same

carnavales-de-limon-14-1000x662.jpg

Caribe_Negras_Carnaval_450.jpg

costa-rica-limon-hotels.jpg