Cardi B: Hispanics/Latinos Can Use the N-Word Because They're 'Minorities'

Pit Bull

GATOR
Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw Mafia
Ur honestly right no one should say it cuz i dont see hispanics saying "wattup spic" or arabs saying "wattup towel head". For some odd reason the African American community made it a fixture & hispanics live in the same neighborhoods so we end up saying it. Not saying its right for anyone to use but its just how it is in the hood. I dont even use it that much anymore since i moved out the hood & got a job working around whites. I just think its funny these dudes in here saying I cant roam the streets saying it when I been saying it east south west wherever my entire life with no harm:mjgrin: its like they forgot im black too and off that fact alone no body checks me in real life but @ the end of the day we should all check each other.:francis:
It's called slavery muthafukka :comeon:the same reason we still call ourselves Christians

Curioser

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Clearly cardi b is "black" in US terms. Even in Cuba she'd have a hard time not getting called negra. Just wait til that Caribbean sun hit her. That said it can be a bit confusing since different places have different terms. Technically, she's mixed and in Cuba at least... white people are white, mixed are mixed and blacks are black. A good part of AAs wouldn't be technically black in Cuba. But nobody really takes it that seriously like here.

• Dap
Reactions: flo

Truetalk

Banned
Daps
From what I have seen in most clips on the pr or dr parade a lot of them look black to me how would yall tell them from regular blacks like ice t is considered black but yall talking shyt about latinos who look blacker than him like big silky films

MaxPain

Hispaniola Exchange Student
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where It’s Not Safe
It's called slavery muthafukka :comeon:the same reason we still call ourselves Christians

Like slavery didnt exist in latin america and the first slaves ever werent brought to Dominican Republic:ld:

The word nikka is an American thing and I dont even know why

Pit Bull

GATOR
Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw Mafia
Like slavery didnt exist in latin america and the first slaves ever werent brought to Dominican Republic:ld:

The word nikka is an American thing and I dont even know why
Did they use the word ****** in the Dominican Republic? If so, did it have the same impact? Apparently not, the word ****** took on a life of its own in America. We obviously don't have the same history.

We been calling each other that ******s since slavery man that shyt don't come from rap music. Why we haven't stopped saying it by now? I can't explain it:manny:

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
So when whites become minorities in 2053 or so its gonna be ok for them to use it? Brehs and brehettes please value education and edify yourselves. For your childrens sake and your sake. :scust: stupidity is a bytch.

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I listened to Cardi speak and will say that she isn't the most articulate woman in the music game, but I do agree with her regarding preferences. A person can like what they like, but it should not be at the expense of putting down those outside their preference.

As far as her using the n-word..

I am not sure if I would trip. I would tell her that some Black people may take exception to her using that word around them, so make sure she has some sort of rapport with people before using that word.

I uunderstand that some regions, cities, neighborhoods, etc. has different politics and the usage of the n-word as well as who can use it varies. From my understanding, it is more common for Latinos to use that word w/o any pushback from Black folks in certain areas than places where there is little to no Latinos.

It is a complex dynamic, so if a non-Black is gonna use it, then do so knowing that there may be funk/smoke that may come about from using it.

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
I agree wit the broad :manny:.....nd I dont penalize new yorkers, e. coasters, products of certain environments for use of the word either :manny:.

:scust:so I guess the Italian from Bensonhurst can call u a N1GGER?!?!

as well as the Jew from Crown Heights?!?

U sound so dumb right now:gucci: