‘Captain Phillips’ Oscar Nominee Barkhad Abdi Is Broke

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly, hanks probably has like a $100 mill in the bank, dude is a heavyweight producer and actor

He should give this dude a couple hundred g's, he helped make the movie the success it was. After this movie dropped all I heard from critics was how good this nikka was in the movie and he'd get an Oscar nod

Lets be honest though, if Hanks gave a hundred k's of his money to all of his co-stars that acted well in his movies, he would be broke in a few years. Rich people don't do shyt like that, and his co-stars finances aren't his concern.

Feel sorry for Abdi though, dude will be typecast purely due to his appearance. He should have just kept the 9 to 5 and maybe put the 60k to further education or his future. Hard to get any kind of varied work when you aren't a white male or maybe a black male in Hollywood.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
Him and Michael K. Williams need to work together, preferably as brothers. That's an opportunity for both of them since they're too ugly to be leads on their own, but combined their ugliness would be so grand it becomes captivating to watch.
You really just put this nikka in the same sentence with MKW :comeon:

:camby:

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
i don't care what movie you're in or what album you appear on, if you quit your day job with no money coming in then you're a dikkhead. he doesn't exactly have the looks and probably the accent (i haven't seen the movie yet) to pull off many roles.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
Honestly, hanks probably has like a $100 mill in the bank, dude is a heavyweight producer and actor

He should give this dude a couple hundred g's, he helped make the movie the success it was. After this movie dropped all I heard from critics was how good this nikka was in the movie and he'd get an Oscar nod
:rudy: breh

Daps
Reppin
St louis
1, he needs to get a serious agent that believes in him.
2,get a author to put out a best seller about his life of struggle
3,do indy films.....that black and white hipster hurt and gloom shyt.
4,get some dental work done
5,get paid speaking at colleges and bring awareness to the struggle.

trust me dude could feast out here.
wat6rr.jpg

Conz

Superstar
Daps
dude is probably a shyt actor. that was probably just a role of a lifetime.

lets be real though, he should be able to parlay that nomination into at least 2-3 supporting roles, and he should be able to make a million total in the next couple years. his looks make him pretty limited. he could be ironically a bad guy in the next POTC movie, not the main guy, but his top supernatural henchman. He could be a 2nd fiddle Bond villian if they ever go to Africa. There always seem to be African priest characters popping up in movies, etc

and yeah as someone said earlier. make a movie about aids in the black community, have MKW be a kind of rogue vigelante (like MM in DBC except with that MKW attitude!) out for blood to try and save his bed ridden dying brother, Barkhad Abdi. that's a pulpy-B action movie.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:camby::camby:He is just making of African people. Get this nikka out of here. There is no need to rant for 7 minutes about this guy.

i mean, he was mainly targeting overambitious frail boney dudes with fukked up teeth

Last edited:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
This nikka monster ugly. Maybe the people at Walking dead can hire his bony ass to play a walker.

I watched Captain Phillips in the theater, when nikka came on the screen I was like :huhldup:for real.

65 G is just fine for an actor who has never acted before, and 3 months of work. I bet he got to fly around the world to promote Captain Phillips.

God damn at this nikkas teeth. :huhldup:

Hanks like "damn boy, u scared me again.".

King Poetic

Sagittarius KingPin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, California
he going to have to do straight to dvd movies in minor roles.

its already hard for blacks in hollywood, plus how many african type of movies will be release every year.

i wish him the best

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
1, he needs to get a serious agent that believes in him.
2,get a author to put out a best seller about his life of struggle
3,do indy films.....that black and white hipster hurt and gloom shyt.
4,get some dental work done
5,get paid speaking at colleges and bring awareness to the struggle.

trust me dude could feast out here.
wat6rr.jpg

This......

He's gonna have to go indy. He has too much of a "unique" look to play regular roles but if he can get on D-level TV drama or do some indy projects he could probably work his way into some staring roles in a couple of years.