‘Captain Phillips’ Oscar Nominee Barkhad Abdi Is Broke

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The fact that he was nominated for an Oscar means some major agency should be willing to sign him and try to get work for him and send him out on auditions he's been in a major film and got nominated for an Oscar he's miles ahead of most wanna be actors that's for sure he just has to get a normal job that gives him the opportunity to audition for roles
wouldnt of that of already happened though?

hes gonna be like that mexican guy(Noel Gugliemi) who always plays the same role in every movie hes in

this guy also has to realize actors dont get paid a lot until they make it and he should keep working

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
wouldnt of that of already happened though?

hes gonna be like that mexican guy(Noel Gugliemi) who always plays the same role in every movie hes in

this guy also has to realize actors dont get paid a lot until they make it and he should keep working

he's probably not putting work in and expects things to be handed to him.

Daps
:heh:

Yeah but what does that mean though? I read that part like :what:

Did dude think he'd get mobbed on his job by groupies and fans? You can't pay your bills with an Oscar even if he did win. He should be able to get a SAG card, get an agent, and grind like everyone else, but hold down a 9-5 in case it don't work out. Dude quit his job like :blessed: off one role.

Fred.

Haha, I don't know...my guess is his pride. Not so much a mob, but people coming in for phones realizing it's him, tryna put him Facebook/YouTube/worldstar and shyt. Now that I think about it, I woulda quit too.

He didn't leave a cushy union job...it's a job at a cell phone shop his brother owns...I'm sure he could get it back if he really needs too. :pachaha:

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
This nikka monster ugly. Maybe the people at Walking dead can hire his bony ass to play a walker.

I watched Captain Phillips in the theater, when nikka came on the screen I was like :huhldup:for real.

65 G is just fine for an actor who has never acted before, and 3 months of work. I bet he got to fly around the world to promote Captain Phillips.

God damn at this nikkas teeth. :huhldup:

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
This nikka monster ugly. Maybe the people at Walking dead can hire his bony ass to play a walker.

I watched Captain Phillips in the theater, when nikka came on the screen I was like :huhldup:for real.

65 G is just fine for an actor who has never acted before, and 3 months of work. I bet he got to fly around the world to promote Captain Phillips.

Hanks giving the dude the :dahell: right to his face :mjlol:

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Honestly, hanks probably has like a $100 mill in the bank, dude is a heavyweight producer and actor

He should give this dude a couple hundred g's, he helped make the movie the success it was. After this movie dropped all I heard from critics was how good this nikka was in the movie and he'd get an Oscar nod

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps

:dead:

how do your teeth even form like that :scusthov:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Barkhad Abdi is in the running for Oscar gold Sunday, but actual wealth eludes him.

i couldnt even finish the article cause i broke down on this line alone :laff:

:laff: :laff: :laff: my nikka got damn i been laughin for five minutes straight

ProfessionallyTrill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
:joel: tariq went in on this dude on his ustream show
what he say
Basically, wtf else is he gonna play? The movie needed a convincing African hungry nikka and they got one. That doesn't translate to other great roles.

shyt ask Precious. She may get work here and there but no Academy serious roles. And I hate to bash homie but...

final_xenomorph_prometheus_by_lordarkrai-d52l96l.png

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
fukk what yall talkin bout I woulda quit too to live this once in a life time rollercoaster:blessed:,put me in a movie where im Tom Hanks arch enemy and I got Oscar nominations:banderas:...im not stupid so I would understand Hollywood have some hot black new comer they hype every year who they patronize like they will be around for years to come:skip:...nikka you gon be lucky to be on The Game 2 years from the hype:mjlol:...but while my fame lasted I would be outchea living the life,gettin into the hot spots:myman:,maybe get a rich chick tryna break into movies pregnant on some "Tom Hanks?oh you talkin bout T -Hanks,thats what I call em:youngsabo:"....this article aint helpin dude live his once in a life time "Yeah im famous so I must be rich:youngsabo:" experience.....at least let em have that:whoa:,punk azz media advertising to these clubs and dumb money hungry ho's he broke outchea and gon help shyt.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Him and Michael K. Williams need to work together, preferably as brothers. That's an opportunity for both of them since they're too ugly to be leads on their own, but combined their ugliness would be so grand it becomes captivating to watch.