'Captain Marvel' Star Brie Larson Says She's Tired Of White Men Dominating Film Criticism

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
A Wrinkle in Time grossed 1.7 million this weekend to put it right at 100 million exactly, literally on some $100,000,127.00 :dead:

That's a +1,643% increase in profit from last weekend :mjlol:

Meanwhile Black Panther now at 699.6m

Still 400k away :francis:

MTV Awards coming up right? BP got nominations? Brie, your work ain't done :troll:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottm...e-in-time-black-panther-upgrade/#78d3a206a745

Oh, and A Wrinkle in Time played on 245 screens this weekend and was dragged, kicking and screaming in protest, across the $100 million mark. A tip of the hat, as now all of Disney's 2018 releases have crossed that arbitrary milestone. It's still not a hit, but it'll look nice on the spreadsheet. Next, I imagine they'll try to find Black Panther an extra $385k to get it over the $700m mark. Fun fact: It took Spectre 61 days to get from $199m domestic to $200m domestic. I still would have gone with the Black Panther/Wrinkle in Time double feature idea, but whatever works.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Movie critics have been crusty and dry forever. Why give them any real credence? I'll peep Metacritic or RT for a general view but will do more research if I'm on the fence

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
:laff:

No way that's happening.

My problem with RT is the review sites they let count towards the RT score. And with those review sites, you have people that don't even like certain genres of movies reviewing movies they don't like which is ridiculous in itself.

fukk rt,...
i review movies better than every jack ass on that site.
On the old site when people could rate your review and it had a rating against others.
my reviews top the board.
once they got too corporate, they became a phoney dictator online for film.
where only the wack corporate paid reviewers get precedent for no reason beyound they got corporate money. fukk rt....

no need to ever review or read a review from anyone ever again, personally.

especially after reading my reviews verse the others and my scores verse the COMP.

after that i was sure i never need to listen to no one about media again.
you need to listen to me.

art barr

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
you would think after the hostile reactions to ghostbusters and star wars, they would chill but either way, she is right. plus, i finally saw room a few days ago and her acting is at the highest level. :wow:

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
She's right though.

I remember way back when the WB (now the CW) had that run of black shows, and one of the professional writer's said the station was short for "We Bad."

I remember reading that Rolling Stone article recently about hip-hop in the top 40 and somebody said it was because they wanted to appeal to middle-aged women and their daughters so they don't play much hip-hop. When the reality is plenty of middle-aged white women/mothers in their late 20's/30's/40's love listening to some hip-hop to get that "youthful" feeling. They don't want to feel left out.

But how about the men in that age range (granted there are some exceptions)?

It's insecure folks that have a problem with entertainment coming from people that don't look like them. Go look at reddit. Every chance some people get they try to be passive aggressive about these things.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Aight but seriously,

The reason a Wrinkle in Time shot up a thousand percent 2 weekends ago wasn't bc of Brie Larson or the 88 theaters (tho the latter plays a part in it).

What Disney and other studios sometimes do is "fancy" accounting: They offer double features (2 for 1s) at drive-in theaters and such. So you pay $10 to watch 2 movies back to back, the first movie is the new release/main attraction and the second movie is whatever needs a boost. The fancy accounting comes into play because even though most people skip the 2nd film, shyt don't matter with how the accountants account for which movie got dibs on the purchase. It could be a $5/$5 split, or a $2/$8. Some even say they can give both films $10 apiece to their bottom lines lol

Disney reportedly paired a Wrinkle in Time with Incredibles 2 for double features galore during the latters opening weekend. it was a quick way to get Ava over the 100mil mark.