Captain Marvel (Official Thread) March 8th 2019: 7th Marvel Film To Cross 1B$

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Flash was on the old justice league cartoon. That shyt did a lot for visibility

shyt if you say the Wonder Twins or Black Manta a few nikkas will know who you talking about

aquaman rings out due to being a well casted joke, but the others? justice league was popular among geek circles, but thats not universal appeal.

shyt, i thought that 1st Flash show from the 90s was poppin.
Everyone knows who fukkin Flash is.

cmon dude the 90s flash guest starred on the cw show and was virtually unrecognized. was the huntress popular because she was on birds of prey?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
aquaman rings out due to being a well casted joke, but the others? justice league was popular among geek circles, but thats not universal appeal.

cmon dude the 90s flash guest starred on the cw show and was virtually unrecognized. was the huntress popular because she was on birds of prey?

Timeout...who says he was virtually unrecognized? did you read a poll or ask every person who viewed the show? Because that show was a huge deal when it first premiered and that symbol is easily recognizable. Not to mention the dozen or so cartoon appearances Flash has made over the years. How is this even a discussion

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Timeout...who says he was virtually unrecognized? did you read a poll or ask every person who viewed the show? Because that show was a huge deal when it first premiered and that symbol is easily recognizable. Not to mention the dozen or so cartoon appearances Flash has made over the years. How is this even a discussion

the show lasted one season... how was it a huge deal? mark hamill was the biggest thing about the show, especially based on callbacks.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
the show lasted one season... how was it a huge deal?

As someone who was alive when it came on, the season premier was a big deal. It got a prime time spot, had huge marketing around it and had Danny Elfman scoring it fresh of of Batman. CBS gave it a two night premier since it was basically a movie.

The show lasted one season because even though the first episode was a hit, CBS didn't know what to do with it after that and kept moving it around, not sure how it fit into their programming schedule. It went from primetime Thursday, to Saturday

parallax

Superstar
Daps
As someone who was alive when it came on, the season premier was a big deal. It got a prime time spot, had huge marketing around it and had Danny Elfman scoring it fresh of of Batman. CBS gave it a two night premier since it was basically a movie.

The show lasted one season because even though the first episode was a hit, CBS didn't know what to do with it after that and kept moving it around, not sure how it fit into their programming schedule. It went from primetime Thursday, to Saturday

so then people tuned in at first, but didnt stick around long enough for cbs to try to keep it around? they wanted it to be a big deal, but the show itself wasnt. just like shows like mantis.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
so then people tuned in at first, but didnt stick around long enough for cbs to try to keep it around? they wanted it to be a big deal, but the show itself wasnt. just like shows like mantis.

People tuned in and then lamed out once they kept jerking it around trying to find something that worked for them as a network. But they didn't stop watching because of lack of brand recognition or not knowing who the flash was. and in the years since '90, we've had a flash show that's aired for multiple seasons, several tv shows with the flash, and a few animated movies. If someone doesnt know who the flash is now, they're living under a rock

parallax

Superstar
Daps
People tuned in and then lamed out once they kept jerking it around trying to find something that worked for them as a network. But they didn't stop watching because of lack of brand recognition or not knowing who the flash was. and in the years since '90, we've had a flash show that's aired for multiple seasons, several tv shows with the flash, and a few animated movies. If someone doesnt know who the flash is now, they're living under a rock

animated movies? cw flash? cmon dude. the shows are popular in geek circles. but they arent names like the trinity, and even within the trinity wonder woman is the weak link.

hell, ill even give you that people know more about the flashes than wonder woman at this point, but theres no way they are touching clark and bruce.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
animated movies? cw flash? cmon dude. the shows are popular in geek circles. but they arent names like the trinity, and even within the trinity wonder woman is the weak link.
hell, ill even give you that people know more about the flashes than wonder woman at this point, but theres no way they are touching clark and bruce.

Of course Flash isn't as popular as Batman or Superman. No shyt.

But Flash gets coverage in EW and People. Those are geek magazines. So to say its just popular in geek circles is selling it short. Again, step outside of your bubble homie because to say no one knows who the flash is or that he's only known in geek circles is shortsighted

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na

But Flash gets coverage in EW and People. Those are geek magazines. So to say its just popular in geek circles is selling it short. Again, step outside of your bubble homie because to say no one knows who the flash is or that he's only known in geek circles is shortsighted

Yeah Flash and Green Lantern were the most recognizable after the trinity
Just off of Superfriends

parallax

Superstar
Daps

Shows like izombie get coverage in those magazines as well. Everything gets covered in them from shows that are Poppin to those that get cancelled in one season. Are people picking up magazines because the flash is in it, or are they picking up magazines that happen to have to have the flash in them?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Shows like izombie get coverage in those magazines as well. Everything gets covered in them from shows that are Poppin to those that get cancelled in one season. Are people picking up magazines because the flash is in it, or are they picking up magazines that happen to have to have the flash in them?

I don't know, hypothetical question man, you'd have to ask them. I'm not doing the thing where I assume why someone is doing a thing. All I know is, Flash is on a hit show that gets coverage outside of traditional geek fair. Therefore, he's mainstream.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I don't know, hypothetical question man, you'd have to ask them. I'm not doing the thing where I assume why someone is doing a thing. All I know is, Flash is on a hit show that gets coverage outside of traditional geek fair. Therefore, he's mainstream.

But you've determined that he's popular using the same devices though.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
But you've determined that he's popular using the same devices though.

Because those magazines don't just cover shyt for the hell of it that's the point I'm making. They aren't putting Booster Gold on their covers or even something I love, Killjoys. If you're getting that kind of mainstream coverage, then you're mainstream. I love killjoys but in no way would I think Killjoys is mainstream at this point.