Captain Marvel (Official Thread) March 8th 2019: 7th Marvel Film To Cross 1B$

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Why Captain Marvel Won’t Feel Like Marvel’s Other Origin Stories

In the early days of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the origin story reigned supreme. Alas, times have changed, and the format of these movies has changed with it. That's something that audiences will see with the release of Captain Marvelnext year, as Marvel producer Nate Moore recently opened up to CinemaBlend while talking about Black Panther's home release and explained that Carol Danvers' solo movie will feel very different from a typical origin story. Specifically, he noted that the progression of Carol Danvers' arc will feel different from what we've seen before, and the structure of the story will have a lot to do with that. According to the Marvel producer:

"I think there is a structure to origin films that audiences sometimes can get ahead of very quickly. So, if we do origin films, internally, we talk about how we can subvert that structure. For instance, Captain Marvel is an origin movie in that you haven't seen her before, but we think we've stumbled upon a structure there that isn't the traditional structure of what origin movies typically are, which is you meet the character, they have a problem, they get powers at the end of the first act, and the end of the second act they learn about the powers, the third act they probably fight a villain who has a function of the same powers. That's a lot of times what a typical origin movie is structured like, but as we introduce new characters moving forward, we want to find ways to subvert that structure, so at least the experience of the film feels new to audiences. We're very conscious of making sure that audiences don't get things that feel like they've seen them before."

While Nate Moore wouldn't actually explain the specific differences between Captain Marvel and movies like Iron Man or Doctor Strange, he did offer up some valuable pieces of information about the upcoming origins --but maybe not so usual origins-- film. Captain Marvel won't follow those well-worn origin story beats of the hero discovering his or her powers, learning to use the powers, and then fighting a villain with similar powers. It's still an origin story because it will explore the origins of Captain Marvel in the MCU, but he says it won't be quite as predictable or follow the same notes as other stories like this.

From what he told me, it also sounds like the setting will factor into the flavor of the Captain Marvel origin story, as well. Nate Moore continued his conversation with CinemaBlend and explained that the 1990s setting would similarly help make it feel like a unique narrative compared to other Marvel origin stories of a similar ilk. Moore explained:

"I think the way the film opens is much different than an origin movie, and because she is a heroine that you haven't seen before, we're able to tell this story structurally in a way that will feel unexpected and hopefully will keep audiences off balance. Still balanced enough that they can enjoy the film, but even just making it a period film is sort of interesting in that it's not just a function of the world as we know it in the MCU today."

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
captainmarvel-thanos-gauntletsmash-art-frontpage.jpg

captainmarvel-thanos-gauntletsmash-art-full-768x560.jpg

They gonna hate this:mjgrin:

Martha

Last edited:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Yawwwww nikkas still complaining?

Just wanted to make sure y’all haters and trolls are still doing y’all job.:mjgrin:

Certain nikkas in the Shazaam thread are whining and feeling some way:lolbron:

Martha

Most of the complaints I see is her lack of ass....... :manny:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Have no interest in Captain Marvel, which probably means the movie will turn out very good.

Marvel has done real well promoting heroes from the minors to majors. I didn't care much for Dr. Strange or GOTG, and they ended up being some of my favorites MCU installments. :ehh:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Have no interest in Captain Marvel, which probably means the movie will turn out very good.

Marvel has done real well promoting heroes from the minors to majors. I didn't care much for Dr. Strange or GOTG, and they ended up being some of my favorites MCU installments. :ehh:

I can't tell you how much I didn't care for Thor until the MCU

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Unless ur 30 and older he died before you born to care about him.

I would love to see a hard r marvel man movie.

seeing as how you have marvel unlimited, and a whole range of whos whos have been popping in movies, thats no longer an excuse. if it works for carol, it can work for mar too