Captain Marvel (Official Thread) March 8th 2019: 7th Marvel Film To Cross 1B$

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
If WW did numbers coming off the critical (and commercial, depending on who you ask) failures that were Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad, there's no way this doesn't succeed.
Well hold up..Carol isnt that over. Who the hell knows what her numbers might be.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
A lot of yall afraid that she'll come in and wreck shyt. I don't see that happening. Thanos gone fukk her up and she'll need the crew to help her.
She'll have a huge moment to show shes a difference maker but its gonna look silly compared to if they could of gotten Silver Surfer in such a spot.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
She's a woman. People say her character is a Mary Sue. Brie Larson is unnattractive. It's one of those things or all of em that got brehs mad.

That second one holds clout. She fails upward like miles morales. But hopefully they make her a better character

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La

Brie Larson is already hard at work for Captain Marvel, and her latest training video shows just how much effort she's putting in.

We already know Larson has done the research on Carol Danvers from previous posts, but she celebrated 1 million followers on Instagram with a new video of her physical regimen, and she's definitely not slacking int hat department either.

As you can see in the video, Larson holds a weight loaded bar above her head as she does targeted lunges. This is just one aspect of her lengthy workouts, which also includes pushups with a chain, pull-ups, and more.

Larson is doing everything she can to make sure that Captain Marvel is not just another "girl in an action movie".

“It’s not so easy as just saying ‘Oh, that’s a girl in an action movie; that’s a superhero and she’s tough and she’s just like a dude.’ That’s too easy. That’s not where we’re at actually. I think women are far more complicated and more interesting than just saying, ‘They’re like a dude, and that’s what makes them tough and that’s what makes them cool.’” Larson reflected. “That’s just not how it works, so to me it’s this idea of doing this film on this larger scale with really incredible, smart people behind it, with women behind it, that gives you an hour and a half, two hours to sit and see how different a woman can be. That seems cool to me, right?”

The film stars Academy Award® winner Brie Larson (Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel), Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury), Ben Mendelsohn, Djimon Hounsou (Korath), Lee Pace (Ronan), Lashana Lynch, Gemma Chan (Minn-Erva), Algenis Perez Soto, Rune Temte, McKenna Grace, Kenneth Mitchell (Joseph Danvers), with Clark Gregg (Phil Coulson), and Jude Law (Marv-Vell).

Captain Marvel is an all-new adventure from a previously unseen period in the history of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Can’t believe we still have people questioning if this will flop when we just saw previous no name heros like ant man and BP

Last edited:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Can’t believe we still have people questioning if this will flop when we just saw previous no name heros like ant man and BP

They pray and pray for MARVEL's downfall.
:marvelbill:

Guardians of the Galaxy was supposed to be Marvels first flop.
Then it was Ant Man

The irony is that Marvel didn't really hit their stride until Winter Soldier dropped. At this point, the MCU is like a meteor speeding through space. No matter what you put in front of it, it will :jawalrus: and push right through it.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I will say this...... Household to who?

Kids born in say 2003 to up last year when WW movie dropped probably had no idea who she was?

Where was she at really in any media? And lets just say by chance "well my mommy and daddy told me" how far does that really reach?

Now do they know her now? Sure and that can be easily done for that same demographic and others for CM. Disney (like they did with IM, and Guardians, and Antman and Black Panther) have a full year to educate people on who CM is... and hell they been already started with the kids via the Avengers cartoon show.

I'm grown ass 80's baby like most of the cats on here... but lets not pretend commercially WW was out there as a consistently equal as some of the other characters thats been crossover hits for years.

Martha

This guy has a point

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
What's beloved in the often closed-minded archaic comic book industry isn't always the same as what mainstream or global audiences care for.

Can Captain Marvel be a bigger box office draw than Wonder Woman? Well, Black Panther just outgrossed any Batman movie ever, domestic and overseas...

Once you give these unique characters equal footing and marketing, we've seen comic industry nerds have to eat humble pie when they realized that the X-Men, JLA, Superman, Batman, WW, etc aren't inherently better or more profitable than the Avengers, GotG, Ironman, Black Panther, etc...

I dunno how well CM will do, but the mystique of WW wasn't some record breaking phenomenon. 103m opening weekend is great but still plausible for CM to match or even surpass