NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
First female led Marvel movie?
This will certainly do numbers

I'm not so sure. This might turn away the same amount of men that it would bring in additional women that wouldn't normally see this. Plus no one cares about Captain Marvel. I might not see it. Depends on how compelled I feel due to A4

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I'm not so sure. This might turn away the same amount of men that it would bring in additional women that wouldn't normally see this. Plus no one cares about Captain Marvel. I might not see it. Depends on how compelled I feel due to A4

In all fairness, no on cared for anyone of the Marvel movies except for BP and Spider-Man, and Avengers till they dropped and Mouse gave it that push!

That’s been said several times over 18 movies and 10 is years

Martha

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First female led Marvel movie?
This will certainly do numbers

Yeah, honestly now I think she'll do numbers, cause of this, and best believe disney/marvel is going to hype that to hell, also being the film right before avengers 4 is going to pull in folks since I def know that marvel studios is going constantly say that it's integral to avengers 4 and you have to see it. :sadcam:

Wouldn't be surprised if it does $150 mil first week.:patrice:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
In all fairness, no on cared for anyone of the Marvel movies except for BP and Spider-Man, and Avengers till they dropped and Mouse gave it that push!

That’s been said several times over 18 movies and 10 is years

Martha

I hear you. The movie will make some money but it wont be huge. At least Strange has a decent following in comics, is a presence in video games and was introducing mystic stuff to the universe. Ant Man was a change of pace with comedy and a popular actor playing a character with unique abilities. Captain Marvel doesn't have any of that going for it. It has the marvel machine, avengers and a woman going for it. We'll see how far that carries the movie

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
This is definitely gonna be a snorefest, mainly because while I love Binary, the audience won't care unless they make her god-mode. This can't be an underdog story, because Carol isn't an underdog, she's vicious, powerful, calculating, and Kree....this has to start at level 10, and go up from there. Then there's the casting....Brie Lawson is definitely the bad choice here. In a world with Emily Blunt and Alexandra Daddario, they definitely fukked up.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Unless it is a bad movie Ant-Man numbers are the minimum. If it is passable the MCU just has that many fans that it will do $500 mill + just off of association and especially being directly before IW.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Yeah, honestly now I think she'll do numbers, cause of this, and best believe disney/marvel is going to hype that to hell, also being the film right before avengers 4 is going to pull in folks since I def know that marvel studios is going constantly say that it's integral to avengers 4 and you have to see it. :sadcam:

Wouldn't be surprised if it does $150 mil first week.:patrice:

I can see $92M-$121M first week.

And finish around $730M

Unless it turns out they hyping something dramatic happens that directly leads to A4 and it’s cant miss

Martha

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
This is definitely gonna be a snorefest, mainly because while I love Binary, the audience won't care unless they make her god-mode. This can't be an underdog story, because Carol isn't an underdog, she's vicious, powerful, calculating, and Kree....this has to start at level 10, and go up from there. Then there's the casting....Brie Lawson is definitely the bad choice here. In a world with Emily Blunt and Alexandra Daddario, they definitely fukked up.

Niccas you just wanna see some titties!! You don’t even care about acting!:russ:

You ain’t slick:lolbron:

Martha

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Emily Blunt is way too old and Daddario has she ever been the lead in a movie?

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Carol is 36, Blunt is 35....not that it matters of course because old actors play young leads all the time.

True.... but it’s a cold cold world.

That works for men..... but against women!

That’s part of the reason these women are on this revolution shyt:mjlol:

Martha

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I can see $92M-$121M first week.

And finish around $730M

Unless it turns out they hyping something dramatic happens that directly leads to A4 and it’s cant miss

Martha

Yea, SM:HC/Thor:R opening weekend range is my inclination as well.

WW was the first female solo on the big screen and females responded to an extent (103m) but there were issues where 1) she was still a white female and white females have been leads in action movies before, from underworld to resident evil to Salt and scarlet jo's movies. So WW was "new" but at the same time... idk.

2) black and brown women didn't feel that representation, which is why Okoye and Shuri became so popular despite being support characters.

So I dont know if the first female mcu solo thing will do much more for Carol than it did Diana in general, but if they rev up the expansion of space/cosmic MCU, and show a very charismatic supporting cast, including the chick probably playing Monica Rambeau, and i think the movie has potential. That's why I can see it doing 120m+ if it hits all those notes

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
After Black Panther, I think we should be careful when it comes to underestimating Marvel films and their box office potential lol.

Larson is an Oscar Award winner. Unless you mean they fukked up in the looks department?