Captain Marvel (Official Thread) March 8th 2019: 7th Marvel Film To Cross 1B$

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Kevin Feige Talks Brie Larson As CAPTAIN MARVEL; Explains Why Her Power Levels Are "Off The Charts"

Many of the new heroes being introduced in Phase 3 promise to change the Marvel Cinematic Universe in a significant way (we've already seen that with Doctor Strange), but Captain Marvel may be the true game changer. In a new interview with Variety, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige elaborated on past comments that she's going to be this world's most powerful hero, and it sounds like not even Superman will be able to touch her. She's certainly going to be more than a match for Thor anyway!

"If you had the collector cards of the Marvel characters and you could see the power levels, she would be off the charts compared to anyone that we’ve previously introduced in a film," he explained before going on to explain how that makes Brie Larson right for the role. "With Captain Marvel, who has powers that approach a level that we haven’t seen before in our films, you need to counter- balance that by finding somebody who is also very human and very relatable and can get into a groove with the audience, where they’re willing to see her fly through the sun and punch a moon away from a spacecraft. At the same time, we need her to land and have relatable flaws."

As for whether or not hiring a female director is a priority, Feige confirmed that, yes, it most definitely is. "Having a female director at the helm to tell the story of a woman who is also our most powerful hero by far is very important to us," he confirmed without shedding any further light on how the hunt for a filmmaker to take the helm of Captain Marvel is progressing. He did however add: "Brie is a person you’re going to want to go on this journey with, just like Benedict or Robert or Chris Pratt."

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kevin Feige Talks Brie Larson As CAPTAIN MARVEL; Explains Why Her Power Levels Are "Off The Charts"

Many of the new heroes being introduced in Phase 3 promise to change the Marvel Cinematic Universe in a significant way (we've already seen that with Doctor Strange), but Captain Marvel may be the true game changer. In a new interview with Variety, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige elaborated on past comments that she's going to be this world's most powerful hero, and it sounds like not even Superman will be able to touch her. She's certainly going to be more than a match for Thor anyway!

"If you had the collector cards of the Marvel characters and you could see the power levels, she would be off the charts compared to anyone that we’ve previously introduced in a film," he explained before going on to explain how that makes Brie Larson right for the role. "With Captain Marvel, who has powers that approach a level that we haven’t seen before in our films, you need to counter- balance that by finding somebody who is also very human and very relatable and can get into a groove with the audience, where they’re willing to see her fly through the sun and punch a moon away from a spacecraft. At the same time, we need her to land and have relatable flaws."

As for whether or not hiring a female director is a priority, Feige confirmed that, yes, it most definitely is. "Having a female director at the helm to tell the story of a woman who is also our most powerful hero by far is very important to us," he confirmed without shedding any further light on how the hunt for a filmmaker to take the helm of Captain Marvel is progressing. He did however add: "Brie is a person you’re going to want to go on this journey with, just like Benedict or Robert or Chris Pratt."

He didn't explain why her power levels are off the charts

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
All this brie Larson clit licking is already getting nauseating and she hasn't even touched the screen. Who wants to see a female Tony stark that a invincible without any charm? :scust:

Ps I wonder which black actor they cast as blue marvel :mjgrin:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
More powerful than Thor? Can't way Surfer because he's in the Fox world, eh? I didn't see Dr. Strange yet so I don't know how far it got with him and Scarlet Witch was pretty fukking powerful too. Hmmm...

parallax

Superstar
Daps
He didn't explain why her power levels are off the charts

as time goes on, im more and more curious how they plan on making her work. she has to be accepted well, or its a shytshow. and all this talk about her powers makes it obvious they dont know how to go forward with her as a character.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
as time goes on, im more and more curious how they plan on making her work. she has to be accepted well, or its a shytshow. and all this talk about her powers makes it obvious they dont know how to go forward with her as a character.

They'd have a better idea if any of her comic book portrayals woulda took on a long term hold.

Captain America- out of time good guy boyscout hero
Iron Man-Arrogant but very likeable businessman hero
etc, etc, etc...

Can't have her be a mary sue great at everything. I was thinking make her a arrogant/jackass.. but you already have characters in the mcu who do that :skip:

they'll figure it out.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
They'd have a better idea if any of her comic book portrayals woulda took on a long term hold.

etc, etc, etc...

Can't have her be a mary sue great at everything. I was thinking make her a arrogant/jackass.. but you already have characters in the mcu who do that :skip:

they'll figure it out.
I think they are probably going to go with a "Lady Capt. America" type except a bit more of a hardass.

parallax

Superstar
Daps

etc, etc, etc...

they'll figure it out.

That's the thing though. With all the characters that were in movies before they were, you would a get a short description of their personality to show whats to be expected of the type of movie their supposed to be in. Even side avengers like falcon and black widow got them. Every time I hear about Carol now, the focus isnt her character, but her power set. That's concerning to me.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
You need a dime that looks like a killer for a role like this not a bobble head broad with a strong jaw.
The evil chick that was in The Wolverine woulda been perfect

MV5BMjAwODUwOTI4Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTI0NzQyOA@@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

SvetlanaKhodchenkova_%28cropped%29.jpg

That's a nice lil CAC right there :francis:

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
:russ: I mean damn.... I'm a "Coli nikka" in here like everyone else and I HATE WOMEN like all yall in this thread and shyt..... but gotdamn man let Brie Larson and Cpt Marvel be, so the fukk what she's strong. Just a movie:pachaha:

Dont see the point about bytching about ever little thing when it comes to women:heh:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
:russ: I mean damn.... I'm a "Coli nikka" in here like everyone else and I HATE WOMEN like all yall in this thread and shyt..... but gotdamn man let Brie Larson and Cpt Marvel be, so the fukk what she's strong. Just a movie:pachaha:

Dont see the point about bytching about ever little thing when it comes to women:heh:

you said all that to say nothing. you gonna go bytch at people talking about xmen next?