Captain Marvel (Official Thread) March 8th 2019: 7th Marvel Film To Cross 1B$

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
she's a fukking power house...she's kinda like the marvel wonder woman...can fly, strong as shyt, a fighter....

speaking of her powers: i'm curious to see how she gets them in the movie since fox has the rights to the kree....i think they might go the inhuman route to try to keep pushing the inhumans....one day they will realize outside of black bolt, medusa, and lockjaw (think that's the name of the dog), no one cares for the inhumans.....

Na, the Kree are in the MCU. Ronan the Accuser was talking a lot of Kree yang in GotG. The Shi'ar are with Fox

The Kree were also in Agents of Shield. They spent an entire arc around them creating the Inhumans.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Here's a link with info to her enemies list.

Carol Danvers Enemies - Comic Vine

Nothing impressive but there are a lot of choices.

I can't wait for the day the marvel universe is fleshed out for them to do a Moonstone arc for her. :wow:

latest

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
how yall think this will do against WW, they will be each respective companies first female lead movie :lupe:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
how yall think this will do against WW, they will be each respective companies first female lead movie :lupe:

Interesting question.. neither company is gonna want their female superhero flick to be ass.

Right now I'll give the edge to Wonder Woman being the better flick :ehhh:

Might change my view after seeing Doc Strange

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Depends on what these females are into. Xena the warrior princess or just the modern day superhero. Then again if the reviews cut up wonderwoman like the rest of the dc flicks they might wander towards Miss Marvel.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
They are coming out like 2 years apart so we going to have to wait awhile. This movie is too far in the future to tell.
lol yea i forgot about that
Interesting question.. neither company is gonna want their female superhero flick to be ass.

Right now I'll give the edge to Wonder Woman being the better flick :ehh:

Might change my view after seeing Doc Strange
true ww has it way above CM in terms of popularity but that marvel stimulus is too strong, imagine if she meets with the guardians n shyt in her film.
Depends on what these females are into. Xena the warrior princess or just the modern day superhero. Then again if the reviews cut up wonderwoman like the rest of the dc flicks they might wander towards Miss Marvel.
yea i pray they leave ww alone

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

what do you mean by 'do against'? are you talking about money wise? if so, the advantage would be towards ww making more cause of the name and clout she has....but if the critics kill the movie like the rest of dc movies so far, that'll hurt the earning potential....as for capt marvel, while she doesnt have the name, she has the marvel stamp....no matter the character, it seems as long as it has marvel on it, people go see the movie....the thing that could hurt her: she comes out second....by that i mean, how ww does will play a big part in how this movie will be received...if ww is a hit with critics/fans, people will be more open to capt marvel (a woman superhero), so that means a chance at higher earnings.....if they not, although marvel can try to spin it, it'll still hurt capt marvel's earning potential....with that said, i can see both doing at least $500mil, with a ceiling of around $800 mil....if the critics like ww, that could get close to a billion...

if you were talking about movie wise: there is no comparison cause they are 2 totally different characters...one is an amazon woman made outta clay, with greek mythology ties (including battling gods, getting gifts from gods, her powers, etc.), whose from a different era and 'world' so to speak....the other is a more modern woman, that was a spy/in nasa, that gets her powers from an alien....besides both showing strong woman leads, their movies should be nothing alike...which is cool with me...i'm be there for both....ww is part of the DC holy trinity, and i've dug capt marvel cause she always reminded me of a more modern take on ww....

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
CAPTAIN MARVEL Writer Says Origin Story Will Be Changed Due To GREEN LANTERN Similarities

latest

tumblr_obq6y7N23s1rov369o1_1280.jpg

Thanks to the r/Marvel Studios subreddit, a recent podcast that hosted Nicole Perman, one of the co-writers of the Captain Marvel script (along with Meg LeFauve) has been spreading like wildfire across social media (truly, there's no hiding on the internet). Perlman actually started out at Marvel in their Writer's Program and wrote the first draft of Guardians of the Galaxy, which underwent an expansive rewrite after James Gunn was hired. Though she maintain a co-writer credit on that film, Gunn has previously gone on record as stating that he pretty much reworked all of the characters and most of the story and pretty much maintains that he's the sole writer of the film that made it to theater screens. But unless history repeats itself and Marvel hires another writer-director for Captain Marvel, Carol Danvers' origin film will be the undisputed work of a woman (or women if we're being particular).

As for her guest spot on the podcast, Perlman disclosed that how Danvers acquires her abilities will differ from the "Kree radiation" origin of the '60s. Caught in a blast from an exploding Kree machine, the Kree warrior Mar-Vell saves Danvers' life by shielding her with his body only for the subsequent radiation to transfuse his Kree physiology into Danvers, giving her his superhuman abilities. In short, an alien comes to Earth and through extenuating circumstances, passes his abilities on to an unassuming human. At face value, that's pretty similar to the origin story for Green Lantern Hal Jordan. According to Perlman that's something that will need to be tweaked for the Captain Marvel film.

"I don’t think I’ve ever had a project where I’ve been more mindful about the impact that it could have and the importance of it. She’s such an incredibly kick-ass character and Kelly Sue DeConnick did a great run with her story arc recently. But here’s the thing, if you were just going to do a straight adaptation of the comics, her origin story is very similar to Green Lantern. And obviously, that’s not what we want to do. There’s a lot of reinvention that needs to happen. And also, she’s her own person and she’s a great character. We have to be aware of what’s happened in other Marvel film and makes sure that her particular storyline is unique and fun and also fits in within this world that’s going on at the same time. It’s a little bit of an interesting story gauntlet. It’s been good to have a partner. It’s been an incredible experience. If we can pull it off it could be an incredibly important but also really fun and kick-ass superhero film.”

Based on Marvel Studios' previous work, it's probably safe to say that every comic book fans expected the origin to be changed, the question now is to what degree? What do you think is the best way to tweak Carol Danvers' origin? Should they skip Mar-Vell's introduction altogether? Let us know your opinions in the comment section below.

Captain Marvel will arrive in North American theaters on March 8, 2019.