CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - Kevin Feige (Movie Discussion Thread)

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Is the first Captain America even worth watching? I liked this one because it takes place in the modern era and the action set pieces are nice. I also like the fact that it's more rooted in reality than most comic book fare.

There are corny moments, but its in keeping with the era. Once you see that, then Cap 2, you will see how it all comes together. Honestly I think Hydra existed before Shield, and Shield copied a lot of what it did. Now of course Hydra infiltrated shield, but then again, who's to say that Hydra didn't help grow shield to better conceal itself. I know you aint see it so excuse the spoiler, but Hydra was working with the Nazi's. So they were able to infiltrate Nazi Germany. Shield wouldn't have been that hard.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Honestly I think Hydra existed before Shield, and Shield copied a lot of what it did. Now of course Hydra infiltrated shield, but then again, who's to say that Hydra didn't help grow shield to better conceal itself. I know you aint see it so excuse the spoiler, but Hydra was working with the Nazi's. So they were able to infiltrate Nazi Germany. Shield wouldn't have been that hard.

You're right, Hydra existed before SHIELD. Hydra was around before WW2 started, and was the Nazi's special science branch or whatever. So no, they didn't infiltrate Nazi Germany.

Yeah, he wasn't part of it but he worked with people and was around people that helped found it. They had operatives within it since the beginning.

Zola was the only Hydra member "within it" since the start. Red Skull, assuming he was "gone" after touching the cube, wouldn't even know what SHIELD is.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
You're right, Hydra existed before SHIELD. Hydra was around before WW2 started, and was the Nazi's special science branch or whatever. So no, they didn't infiltrate Nazi Germany.

Zola was the only Hydra member "within it" since the start. Red Skull, assuming he was "gone" after touching the cube, wouldn't even know what SHIELD is.

Who's to say he isn't back though :manny: Look what they did with Buckey. Who knew before they showed him in Cap 2. Another thing Stark didn't know about in Avengers.

I say they infiltrated Nazi Germany because even though they worked with them, they always had alternative motives. They ran the program for Germany but they were simply using Germany's resources to advance their cause, just like they did with Shield. Shield operates under anonymity/secrecy so its the perfect hub for Hydra to thrive.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Is the first Captain America even worth watching? I liked this one because it takes place in the modern era and the action set pieces are nice. I also like the fact that it's more rooted in reality than most comic book fare.

I would recommend that you do watched the first one because that movie is straight origin movie and will make you appreciate the characters more that are in The Winter Soldier. As well showing what happens before he meets The Avengers after Cap is defrosted which was an post credit scene.

Last edited:

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
It's already been stated that Cap can do all those things but the biggest influence how they wanted Cap to move came from the Super Soldier Video Game that came with the First Avenger Movie in 2011. Chris Evans wanted that too be in this movie.

Big up to the Captain America videogame The Super Soldier. Even though it wasn't the best game out there. They used that game as the template for how Captain America should move in The Winter Soldier movie.

Bob Loblaw

Superstar
Daps
Is this one worth the money? I nodded out on he first one every time I tried to watch. I liked all the other marvel movies

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Big up to the Captain America videogame The Super Soldier. Even though it wasn't the best game out there. They used that game as the template for how Captain America should move in The Winter Soldier movie.

Never even heard of this game :ohhh:

Even had the Hydra dude with the monocle before the movie's after-credits scene

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Is this one worth the money? I nodded out on he first one every time I tried to watch. I liked all the other marvel movies

Come on bro, this whole thread is pretty much giving the movie it's props. It's definitely way better then the first and it's debatable as being the best Marvel movie to date. Peep it I don't think you will be disappointed by seeing it.

Mention its the top money maker of 2014 for the USA (Domestic)

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?yr=2014&p=.htm

1Captain America: The Winter SoldierBV$259,746,958
2The LEGO MovieWB$257,746,769
3Transformers: Age of ExtinctionPar.$243,392,711
4MaleficentBV$236,781,750
5X-Men: Days of Future PastFox$232,545,631
6Guardians of the GalaxyBV$229,057,703
7The Amazing Spider-Man 2Sony$202,853,933
8Dawn of the Planet of the ApesFox$202,442,801
9Godzilla (2014)WB$200,607,036
1022 Jump StreetSony$190,022,300

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Never even heard of this game :ohhh:

Even had the Hydra dude with the monocle before the movie's after-credits scene

I actually liked the game but I am not really into videogames like that anymore it was fun to play. Definitely should peep it. Or watch the videogame movie with all the cut scenes. It's actually a story that could of coincide with Captain America The First Avenger. The videogame was made to promote The First Avenger movie in 2011. All the real actors from the movie are doing the voices in the videogame.

Last edited: