CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - Kevin Feige (Movie Discussion Thread)

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
yeah but that was the very beginning. they continued to evolve. that's why in the post credits it went from that secret spot in new york to the same secret spot 60 plus years later.

Nah B, Hydra was formed before SHIELD by the Red Skull. Shield is started after WW2 by Howard Stark, Peggy Carter and some other people. Zola was recruited by them and he secretly reformed Hydra inside SHIELD. Over the years SHIELD and Hydras goals became the same. Which is why SHIELD had to go at the end of the movie.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Is this one worth the money? I nodded out on he first one every time I tried to watch. I liked all the other marvel movies

This one is nothing like the first one. It's basically nonstop action with a good conspiracy theory/thriller type story thrown in.

Plus The Winter Soldier is a fukking animal. Every scene he's in he does some crazy shyt.

Fred.

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
Late pass but this one of dopest movies i've seen in a minute. Holy shyt i'm not comic book guy but this made me google Bucky Barnes. I read the wiki and the actor who play Winter Soldier signed a 9 movie deal. Marvel :blessed:
9 movie deal? :gladbron: that salary doe, he prolly got robbed.
Bucky :ohlawd:

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
2094ivn.jpg

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Of course...which is why I had a lot of reservations about this one. The first one felt very meh.

But this...this is fukking FIRE

And TRR Vets know I criticize the superhero flicks heavy...this is damn near perfect :blessed:

That's what's up, glad you enjoyed it. I am still waiting for this physical BR/DVD so I can put some other people on to it that skipped it since they wasn't really impressed with the first one.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
That's what's up, glad you enjoyed it. I am still waiting for this physical BR/DVD so I can put some other people on to it that skipped it since they wasn't really impressed with the first one.
Gonna wait for Phase 2 to be done see if they drop a Phase 2 box set like they did with Phase 1

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I'm late to the party, but this movie was fukking great.

action scenes were crack. I literally gasped like a japanese wrestling fan when Cap took the grenade to the face (shield) and fell off the bridge.

the acting was great. Black Widow was fleshed out PERFECTLY after being basically so-called eye candy and tricking loki this whole time. This movie was full of subtle shyt. Stuff like the look on her face when Cap told her he trusted her while they were in Sam's house, Cap waking up with Sam sitting there and "Troubleman" playing, Cap's awkwardness with the kiss question, etc. etc....

Cliffhangers between acts were great. I literally paused the movie and paced around during the
fury assassination scene
and smoked, like :dwillhuh: this wasn't supposed to happen. :sadcam:it wasn't supposed to go down like this. :sadbron:whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy"

"Before we get started.... does anyone want to get off? :demonic:

Easter Eggs were great. Subtle without being "OH LOOK HOW CLEVER WE ARE!" Doc Strange reference and Crossbones.

The fact that this wasn't a SUPERHERO movie made it all taste superb. It's more like.... It's like Commando with a shield. If you don't feel like Cap is "THAT nikka" after that Harrier scene, then really... fukk you.

the only things I DIDN"T like were

1. The opening boat sequence? You ever play Dynamite Cop for the DreamCast? :sas2:

2. Bit of bad editing between scenes where Maria Hill is like "so, who's he?" or whatever. Maria is played as such a minor character, you almost forget who she even is. And then, jarring switch to the next scene. But that's a minor nitpick.

I marked the fukk out for this movie.

4.25/5. Stupidly good action movie.