CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - Kevin Feige (Movie Discussion Thread)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just got back from seeing it my second viewing without the wifey so no distractions. Movie was even better the second time around. That end credit sequence was that piff almost felt like it could of been used for James Bond or something
:blessed:

:salute:
Have to salute the whole production team directors, writers, actors, stunt people, music composers, they really up the ante with this one. Can't wait for the Blu Ray so I can put even more people on to it.

Can't forget the score either by Henry Jackman

It's not winning any Oscar's, but it's definitely my favorite Marvel movie to date:obama:

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
It's not winning any Oscar's, but it's definitely my favorite Marvel movie to date:obama:

Co-sign mines too now. I saw Thor The Dark World that movie was as almost as weak as the first one. lol. I am starting to realize I can only deal with small doses of Thor's universe so Them Avengers movies are perfect spots for them.

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
Watch this a few weeks ago, was very impressed :leon:

Evans and Johansson have good chemistry with each other

That car chase scene with Nick Fury and the 1st appearance of the Winter Soldier :whew:

That elevator scene was typical hero sonning all the goons at it's best

Last half of the movie with the climax wasn't as dramatic and exciting as it should be but :manny:

Μαρία

God's Wife
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earth
Best Marvel movie to date. Lots of great dialogue and the chemistry between the actors (Cap and Black Widow specifically) was palpable. What I especially liked was there was none of that comedy at the improv bull that are so prevalent in these movies. The Russo Brothers :blessed:

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Best Marvel movie to date. Lots of great dialogue and the chemistry between the actors (Cap and Black Widow specifically) was palpable. What I especially liked was there was none of that comedy at the improv bull that are so prevalent in these movies. The Russo Brothers :blessed:

From imdb it was said that Evans and Johansson helped with the dialogue between the two. The Falcon did his thing though hopefully for the sequel his new wings are made of vibranium.

Chris Evans and Scarlett Johansson wrote their own dialogue for several scenes they had together.
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) - Trivia - IMDb

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Check this very informative interview podcast with the writers of both Cap Films.

www.nerdist.com/pepisode/nerdist-writers-panel-137-christopher-markus-and-stephen-mcfeely/

The writers talk about how they came up with all the story arcs and the process of adapting the movies, how TWS turned into a political thriller and there is discussion about how some plots were developed not just by what Marvel told them to do in the film for the MCU, but also how the Russo Brothers helped shape the film better and the collaboration from some of the actors, like Redford passing notes, or Scarlet Johansen too for Natasha, they also talk on the influence Evans has in the script, when it comes to defining the character regarding things Steve would do or not, etc. Similar to how Snipes is was with the Blade character.

Cap information is from minute 8:30 to minute 41:00

Very informative if you got the time to listen.

Last edited:

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER arrives on DVD/Blu-ray September 9th
34flfo6.jpg

24mck1l.jpg

Making-of-Featurettes
Audio Commentary
Never-Before-Seen Deleted Scenes
Bloopers
And More…

Pre-Order Marvel's Captain America: The Winter Soldier on Blu-ray | News | Marvel.com

The digital streams will be out August 19th. While the physical copies won't be out until September 9th.

Kind of sucks we have to wait so long and they stopped the BR/DVD combo. I like having the DVD combo for my family members who haven't upgraded to BR yet.

Still first day copped though. :manny: