CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - Kevin Feige (Movie Discussion Thread)

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Marvel is full of shyt.Other than Avengers, they never go all out.

The first Iron Man is the only solo flick that's above average.

I'd say they're consistently mediocre.

They'll never go all out on a solo flick.That would mean they'd have to go even more "all out" for the Avengers.Marvel's not built like that.They have a formula and they play it safe.

I see you, Marvel.

I expect a bunch of C/C- solo's with a B/B+ Avengers film every 3-4 years.

That's what they do.
I guess I'll take it....my son loves it..fukk it:yeshrug:
in the post avengers world yeah.But before avengers came out they werent half assing. Now they know they have a juggernaut on their hands they can afford to rest on their Js

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
If you want to say they're weak fine (I don't agree on Cap but whatever) but neither of them are "shytty". The G.i. Joe movies are shytty, The Transformers movies are "shytty". Marvel hasn't made a shytty move to date.
weak, shytty its all relative :ld: And you are really hammering the gi movies, aint seen the 2nd but the first wasnt pretending to be anything but a shameless live action cartoon. incredible hulk and cap were marrvel movies and didnt really inject anything to the fable

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like she was in the avengers yeah i know, that was already established and is beside the point. An exec could easily make her a glorified cameo just to say "hey atleast we put widow in there for story purposes" if they wanted..They arent because what i already mentioned

What would be the point of making her glorified cameo in a story she's SUPPOSED to be in? You reaching at this point

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
What would be the point of making her glorified cameo in a story she's SUPPOSED to be in? You reaching at this point
dude anything could go down in showbiz if scarlett wanted to play hardball (with pay) they could easily hack widow's role in the movie.And found some other broad like maria hill to share the load.Its hardly as egregious as having an actor play mandarin

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movie looks legit and I'm looking forward to it. And I think it looks better than Thor 2.

I'm also pleased with the way Falcon looks too. I was wondering how they were gonna do him and he has turned out pretty good. Seeing him fly is probably my favorite part of the trailer.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dude anything could go down in showbiz if scarlett wanted to play hardball (with pay) they could easily hack widow's role in the movie.And found some other broad like maria hill to share the load.Its hardly as egregious as having an actor play mandarin

So we playing the "shoulda coulda woulda" game now?

Like I said she's in the movie because she's part of the story the movie is based on, not because Cap is "boring" by himself. They're part of his supporting cast in the comics also. That'd be like saying Lois Lane is only in the Superman movies because he's boring, even though she's supposed to be in the damn movie.

And no you could not replace her with the Maria Hill character, Black Widow specifically is important to the story.

Romell

Superstar
Daps
Peeped the first one from my harddrive.. This has interested me in paying $ for it. :ehh:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
No movie needs more Black Widow she shouldn't even been in the Avengers. The should have used Wasp instead
its aint so much about black widow as it is about scarlett johansson's overated ass getting burn to distort the fact cap sux

HomieSoprano

Whattaya hear, whattaya say?
Daps
Reppin
Northeast Ohio
God damn the trailer was dope, when Bucky caught the shield at the end i stood up out of my seat like :wow: They're doing a great job with these trailers , Thor included :obama: Hope the movies do them justice.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
So we playing the "shoulda coulda woulda" game now?

Like I said she's in the movie because she's part of the story the movie is based on, not because Cap is "boring" by himself. They're part of his supporting cast in the comics also.
dude you keep going back to this point but u are missing the bigger picture. Most times when a superhero does a movie in the sequel he'll have a sidekick.Looks like cap has a sidekick and then some. Its all well and good saying such and such is part of the story but of all the cap america fables they are going to winter soldier as a sequel.shyt is a damn near ensemble, u know why? cuz cap bores folks
That'd be like saying Lois Lane is only in the Superman movies because he's boring, even though she's supposed to be in the damn movie.
:what: horrible comparison, cuz ll is a hindrance to the superman character/franchise.I think execs used a story that invovled "friends" (ie widow) to paper the cracks

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
That would look mad cheesy in live action even cap's suit looked weird in the avengers
hell cap's suit looked weird in caps fukin movie.Falcon's suit wouldnt look as weird if the red was more maroon like the redskins team colors