‘Captain America: Civil War' Storyline, Cameo Characters Revealed

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
OK.....and?

Spiderman has been around since the 60's. This is probably not the last reboot either!
These are franchise reboots though. Going on the 3rd one in 10 years. It's hard to justify a reboot for anything that has less than a five year gap with a few exceptions. But to have 3 is a bit much. Which sadly shows you the potential of the Spiderman character and how badly the franchises were being managed.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're right man. On the Fatman on batman podcast, Marc bernardin, who's written for the Hollywood reporter and has a few tv and comic writing credits to his name, said the one thing the comic community always forgets is the true reason these characters have lasted for decades: reinvention and reinterpretation. Superman, batman, spider man, Hercules, James bond, etc. the reason characters like this are still around today is because they have to be remodeled every now and then. There will be another spider man reboot down the line. Whether it be in the comics or the movies and that's just reality

Lets not sit here and act like Spiderman is being rebooted over and over and over within 10 years because he's a timeless character..

Its because they mishandled the franchise and didn't like the direction they were going.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not the Peter Parker that preceded Miles (I've never read any of his Spiderman stories). He was very much a kid when that Ultimate series started. He used to scream when he was going head up with villains like WTF AM I DOING?? I wanna say he ran or thought about running away a few times from battles. His interactions with MJ and Kitty Pryde were typical teenage stuff IMO.

Why are you talking in such absolutes. Of course teenage peter is going to act like a teenager. but like I said, they were writing him to eventually fit into the mold of the adult Spiderman which made some of his actions harder to relate to.

Miles has been more believable to me and partly due to the advantage of starting out as a teenage in his debut with no set future set in stone and building him up that way.

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These are franchise reboots though. Going on the 3rd one in 10 years. It's hard to justify a reboot for anything that has less than a five year gap with a few exceptions. But to have 3 is a bit much. Which sadly shows you the potential of the Spiderman character and how badly the franchises were being managed.

:dwillhuh:
How does this differ from what I said? As for the rest of your post...justify to who?? The comicbook reading community? You guys are impossible to please. Thats why they don't try. It's all about dollars to movie execs. They know you will go see the movie anyway if only to complain about how bad they fukked it up. Win-win.

Last edited:

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why are you talking in such absolutes. Of course teenage peter is going to act like a teenager. but like I said, they were writing him to eventually fit into the mold of the adult Spiderman which made some of his actions harder to relate to.

Miles has been more believable to me and partly due to the advantage of starting out as a teenage in his debut with no set future set in stone and building him up that way.

:why:
:stopitslime:

Move goal posts much (Not that I was arguing with you. You turned this into a back and forth.)?

Doesn't matter. The victory is yours! Good day to you sir!

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:dwillhuh: How does this differ from what I said? As for the rest of your post...justify to who?? The comicbook reading community? You guys are impossible to please. Thats why they don't try. It's all about dollars to movie execs. They know you will go see the movie anyway if only to complain about how bad they fukked it up. Win-win.

Edit: quote bug

And Idk what you heard or what you think but no one, especially Sony, is in the business of making bad movies.

Justify to the movie going community. Movie goers were skeptical of TAMS at first because it was literally coming off the hills of Spiderman 3. But TASM had a new gimmick to reel people in, which is fine because its a reboot after all.
And now this new Spiderman has a reel also.

But Sony isn't rebooting Spiderman just for the sake of rebooting it. They abruptly ended 2 franchises to start a new one which means they knew something was wrong even though the $$ was right.

Last edited:

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:why:
:stopitslime:

Move goal posts much (Not that I was arguing with you. You turned this into a back and forth.)?

Doesn't matter. The victory is yours! Good day to you sir!
Read what you posted to me. Then read what I posted. You were directly disagreeing with me...

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Even going by 616 canon was Spidey a freshman? I always figured he was 16ish.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Lets not sit here and act like Spiderman is being rebooted over and over and over within 10 years because he's a timeless character..

Its because they mishandled the franchise and didn't like the direction they were going.

That's fine breh but the point I'm making is that it's going to continuously happen. And it happens with all franchises when they don't workout the way the people wanted. Happens with Bond all the time

And I guess thats a personal thing because I never found peters actions hard to relate to. When miles started he was like 11 or 12 which was way harder for me to relate to as it should be. I'm not even close to 11 or 12 anymore.

Peter as a teenager in 616 and ultimate to me has always been written to be relatable but still a tad special because he is. He's a genius who had a tragic thing in his life happen that changed his outlook on life. Both versions had that so of course they're going to have a strict sense of right and wrong but still fukk up. Peter has never been written to be an angel.

I understand why you couldn't relate but I don't think that means he was never written to where a teenager couldn't because I definitely did when I was a teenager

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I understand why you couldn't relate but I don't think that means he was never written to where a teenager couldn't because I definitely did when I was a teenager

Teenage Miles was a more believable teenager to me than teenage Peter. Like you said, Peter was a genius before he became Spiderman and Miles was just a normal kid. so they are both teenagers but they are already looking at life through different lenses. Miles's lens just seemed more realistic to me on how someone of his age would act.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
14 is pretty young though for a live action theme. I think they'll go for about the same age as The Amazing Spiderman, last year or so of HS.

Idk, I thought marvel was going to up the ante on the tone and go a little bit more serious as we got closer to infinity gauntlet and having a 14/15 y/o Peter Parker will seem a bit odd to me.

if u think 14 is too young, then u dont know shyt about spider-man. the tone of what happens around him has NOTHING to do with the core of the character. he's spider-man despite how dark the world is. not in response to it.