‘Captain America: Civil War' Storyline, Cameo Characters Revealed

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think it's hard to do to be honest..just have him swinging around in a suit and stopping a couple robbers, some petty thugs, and insert some shots of the daily bugle calling him a menace etc and you're already there.
14 is pretty young though for a live action theme. I think they'll go for about the same age as The Amazing Spiderman, last year or so of HS.

Idk, I thought marvel was going to up the ante on the tone and go a little bit more serious as we got closer to infinity gauntlet and having a 14/15 y/o Peter Parker will seem a bit odd to me.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
14 is pretty young though for a live action theme. I think they'll go for about the same age as The Amazing Spiderman, last year or so of HS.

Idk, I thought marvel was going to up the ante on the tone and go a little bit more serious as we got closer to infinity gauntlet and having a 14/15 y/o Peter Parker will seem a bit odd to me.

You can have it be serious with that age. it all depends on what they're doing. I'd prefer 15 or 16 but they want to go with high school freshman and chart his journey all through high school which I get

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wasn't Peter Parker about 14 when they jumped off the Ultimate universe a while back? I loved that version along with the Ultimate X-Men. Briefly had me reading comics again. Spiderman has always been a slightly built dude and his costume covers him head to toe. A teen can pull this off easily. Some of you sound like you're gonna be checking birth certificates. SMH.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wasn't Peter Parker about 14 when they jumped off the Ultimate universe a while back? I loved that version along with the Ultimate X-Men. Briefly had me reading comics again. Spiderman has always been a slightly built dude and his costume covers him head to toe. A teen can pull this off easily. Some of you sound like you're gonna be checking birth certificates. SMH.
You'r talking comic book/ animation. I'm talking live action. You guys are acting like the first 2 Spiderman movie versions didn't start in HS either. But they had grown men playing the teenager, and it was at the tall end of HS so it was somewhat believable.

Hopefully they can get an amazing actor to play him. Because I haven't seen many in that age group.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You'r talking comic book/ animation. I'm talking live action. You guys are acting like the first 2 Spiderman movie versions didn't start in HS either. But they had grown men playing the teenager, and it was at the tall end of HS so it was somewhat believable.

Hopefully they can get an amazing actor to play him. Because I haven't seen many in that age group.

No I'm not acting like it hasn't been set in high school I'm acting like i understand why they'd set it in high school again. It's the same reason the ultimate universe was created in the first place and the same reason they dissolved the marriage; they like him young breh. I don't always agree with their reasoning for liking him young but i understand the appeal. Plus in a group of avengers that are all grown ass men and women, it introduces a different dynamic and a different flavor for their movies to have one focused on a kid rather than a guy who's got gray stubble already. And this time they plan on keeping him in high school for more than one movie which always kinda annoyed me

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I'm also talking live action and referenced the character in comics. I even stated how Spiderman is slightly built and covered head to toe in costume so a teen in reality can pull this off. Basically I'm saying it can be done in a live action movie with a 14 year old (or someone that believably looks 14-16). I kinda thought that was obvious in my post. :ehh:

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No I'm not acting like it hasn't been set in high school I'm acting like i understand why they'd set it in high school again. It's the same reason the ultimate universe was created in the first place and the same reason they dissolved the marriage; they like him young breh. I don't always agree with their reasoning for liking him young but i understand the appeal. Plus in a group of avengers that are all grown ass men and women, it introduces a different dynamic and a different flavor for their movies to have one focused on a kid rather than a guy who's got gray stubble already. And this time they plan on keeping him in high school for more than one movie which always kinda annoyed me

I understood why they did it in Spiderman and TASM, but they never made it add any new dynamic to the character in their iterations. And since both spidermen were played by dudes in their mid to late 20's you often forget this Peter was 17-18 years old which kind of defeated the purpose.

For people to really connect with a 14 year old Peter, he has to look 14, act 14, and people have to believe he's 14. Otherwise they might as well make him an adult.

Hopefully they take ques from Miles Morales on how to portray a teenage Spiderman because he seemed like a more realistic teenager than teenage peter parker was.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I understood why they did it in Spiderman and TASM, but they never made it add any new dynamic to the character in their iterations. And since both spidermen were played by dudes in their mid to late 20's you often forget this Peter was 17-18 years old which kind of defeated the purpose.

For people to really connect with a 14 year old Peter, he has to look 14, act 14, and people have to believe he's 14. Otherwise they might as well make him an adult.

Hopefully they take ques from Miles Morales on how to portray a teenage Spiderman because he seemed like a more realistic teenager than teenage peter parker was.

Word? Why do you say that?

And I don't think its hard to get an actor who can do all that you're saying tho.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm also talking live action and referenced the character in comics. I even stated how Spiderman is slightly built and covered head to toe in costume so a teen in reality can pull this off. Basically I'm saying it can be done in a live action movie with a 14 year old (or someone that believably looks 14-16). I kinda thought that was obvious in my post. :ehh:

True. ANYTHING can be done. But that's also the reason why we are getting our 3rd Spiderman. It's not being done right.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Word? Why do you say that?

And I don't think its hard to get an actor who can do all that you're saying tho.

Slightly due to the fact that he was a minority, so I personally was able to relate to him more. But also when they wrote Miles Morales as a character he was written as a teenager with no strict morals or codes and you never really knew where he would end up in the future.

Teenage Peter on the other hand was written to live up to his adult self which made some of his decisions a little more predictable and mature.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Slightly due to the fact that he was a minority, so I personally was able to relate to him more. But also when they wrote Miles Morales as a character he was written as a teenager with no strict morals or codes and you never really knew where he would end up in the future.

Teenage Peter on the other hand was written to live up to his adult self which made some of his decisions a little more predictable and mature.

I'm a minority too breh but I just relate to Peter more. He's more like me so maybe it's just ego lol. But Peter has never been a normal teenager. He's always been precocious. He's smart beyond his years has a strict code of morals but also stupid enough to make mistakes that he makes. Whether it be with girls or his aunt or with his friends or just n battle. Peter's arrogance and cockiness is often his undoing and to me, nothing says teenager more than that

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Not the Peter Parker that preceded Miles (I've never read any of his Spiderman stories). He was very much a kid when that Ultimate series started. He used to scream when he was going head up with villains like WTF AM I DOING?? I wanna say he ran or thought about running away a few times from battles. His interactions with MJ and Kitty Pryde were typical teenage stuff IMO.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
OK.....and?

Spiderman has been around since the 60's. This is probably not the last reboot either!

You're right man. On the Fatman on batman podcast, Marc bernardin, who's written for the Hollywood reporter and has a few tv and comic writing credits to his name, said the one thing the comic community always forgets is the true reason these characters have lasted for decades: reinvention and reinterpretation. Superman, batman, spider man, Hercules, James bond, etc. the reason characters like this are still around today is because they have to be remodeled every now and then. There will be another spider man reboot down the line. Whether it be in the comics or the movies and that's just reality