Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Saw this for the first time yesterday and for the second time today.:ahh:

Better the second time around I guess because expectations are gone and you can just sit back and enjoy the movie.

One of the complaints I saw in this thread, in between viewings, was the score, so I kind of paid attention to that the second time around. First time I watched I didn't notice the score at all, second time through I particularly listened to it and I thought it fit the movie well, however none of it overshadowed the movie, which is why I think a lot of people feel like its forgettable.

After yesterday I was unsure if this was better than Winter Soldier, after today I feel like it is.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Slipping to third on Friday by just a few thousand dollars, things are still fine for Captain America as it will pass Batman v Superman today, pointing and laughing the entire time. It will also surpass Neighbors 2 on the weekend easily as it lands a third weekend of $32.2 million.
-Boxofficprophets.com

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Saw this for the first time yesterday and for the second time today.:ahh:

Better the second time around I guess because expectations are gone and you can just sit back and enjoy the movie.

One of the complaints I saw in this thread, in between viewings, was the score, so I kind of paid attention to that the second time around. First time I watched I didn't notice the score at all, second time through I particularly listened to it and I thought it fit the movie well, however none of it overshadowed the movie, which is why I think a lot of people feel like its forgettable.

After yesterday I was unsure if this was better than Winter Soldier, after today I feel like it is.

The score is solid work and grows on you the more times you see the movie. It's still lacking compared to The Winter Soldier score. You can hear that score without watching the movie. Civil War score doesn't have that impact by itself, but when it's together with the movie its solid especially for the fight scenes.

Last edited:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
:jbhmm: How did Capt know about Tony's parents? Wasn't he frozen in 1991?

And I know the movie was long enough, but wish we got a 10-15 minute fight between Capt, Bucky, Ironman and BlackPanther vs the other Winter Soldiers then they could have moved on to the other stuff.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
:jbhmm: How did Capt know about Tony's parents? Wasn't he frozen in 1991?

And I know the movie was long enough, but wish we got a 10-15 minute fight between Capt, Bucky, Ironman and BlackPanther vs the other Winter Soldiers then they could have moved on to the other stuff.

It was implied by Zola in the second Captain America in The Winter Soldier movie. So Cap had an idea. Peep the scene below.

I wasn't shocked because I knew they already laid it out and planted the seeds in the second movie about The Winter Soldier and the Starks'.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Just saw it last night and we liked it. There was way too much talking in the airport fight scene tho, which is what I hate about cap ironman and avengers movies. Too much joking around sometimes......

Overall, it was a good movie tho....BP was cold as fukk and he wasn't bout them bullshyt forced jokes....

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Just saw it last night and we liked it. There was way too much talking in the airport fight scene tho, which is what I hate about cap ironman and avengers movies. Too much joking around sometimes......

Overall, it was a good movie tho....BP was cold as fukk and he wasn't bout them bullshyt forced jokes....

Come on breh.... thats really not fair, its like you criticizing them for being who they are in their origin format, the format that we originally grew up on, enjoyed and became a fan of. I never think they should NEVER not be something they are not and I dont think they do it any more than they do in the comics or cartoons. And the jokes aint even that serious or dominant. If anything, I would say cats just have more "funny moments" than actual jokes, I dont see no "knock knock" going on. Nothing is forced when they are being as true to the characters as we know them plus there is always talking in fights

2871549-batman1.jpg

gambitgladiatordisplay.jpg

tumblr_m4mp0dlsXk1rwdn5to1_1280.jpg

155J.jpg

3468248-tdkr1.png

BatmanTDKR1.jpg

3848001-dc+comics+presents+%2349+-+2.jpg

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Come on breh.... thats really not fair, its like you criticizing them for being who they are in their origin format, the format that we originally grew up on, enjoyed and became a fan of. I never think they should NEVER not be something they are not and I dont think they do it any more than they do in the comics or cartoons. And the jokes aint even that serious or dominant. If anything, I would say cats just have more "funny moments" than actual jokes, I dont see no "knock knock" going on. Nothing is forced when they are being as true to the characters as we know them plus there is always talking in fights

2871549-batman1.jpg

155J.jpg

3468248-tdkr1.png

BatmanTDKR1.jpg

now lets remove all the text and word bubbles from these panels :troll:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702

2871549-batman1.jpg

155J.jpg

3468248-tdkr1.png

BatmanTDKR1.jpg

The shyt don't have to be exactly like the comics, they haven't done that shyt in the reboots of supes or the xmen films. I'm not saying let them beat each other up in silence but I never liked that over the top dialogue to begin with. That's my personal opinion, not really sure if anyone shares it.

A comic book is different from a motion picture ...

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin

2871549-batman1.jpg

155J.jpg

3468248-tdkr1.png

BatmanTDKR1.jpg

ikr it's a damn COMIC BOOK movie :pachaha: