Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Pseudo

All Star
Daps
I think Winter Soldier is Marvel's best, it's a 3/5 for me. If the hype rings true Civil War might be the first film of theirs that I thoroughly enjoy.

I'm pumped:wow:

• Dap
Reactions: Hi!

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Till next week for the rest of you Brehs..I didn't want this film to stop! :wow:

I just ate good off this
YQgBmfH.png

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
While I loved Spider-Man in this I thought the scene with Tony in his bedroom went on for too long

"The living are not done with you" Black Panther was a beast in this

I agree, it was the only sequence that made me go "wait is this still a Cap movie?". It was good but didn't fit the tone.

T'Challa killed it, assume you watched yhe credit scenes as well?

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
The first hour drags like a Motherfukker. The villain was weak. Ant-Man and Spiderman stole the show. The ending reveal/twist was well handled.

6.5 out of 10.

• Dap
Reactions: Hi!

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
Watching it with no sound, shyt is straight piff :ohhh::gladbron::bryan:

I'm still finna go to the theater, this shyt lit bruhs. :ohlawd:

Spidey and Ant-man goin in. :whoo:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I want EVERYONE'S opinion on T'Challa.

How was the relationship between T'Challa and T'Chaka handled?

Did T'Challa son Tony Stark like he does in the comics?

How are the Dora Millaje handled?

How is T'Challa's intelligence portrayed?

When he decides to join up with Team Stark does he outright tell Tony he's only in it to murk Bucky and he won't be taking orders from a half-drunk nitwit?

How much time does T'Challa spend in suit vs out of suit?

How well was the accent handled?

How many fights does he have in the movie and of those fights how many does he win?

Does T'Challa fight Falcon?

Does T'Challa make mention of the stolen Vibranium from Age Of Ultron?

Does T'Challa note, or even care that Cap's shield is made of Vibranium?

Who does T'Challa get the most "character building" moments with?

How is Wakanda portrayed in the after-credits scene?

How well does this movie do in setting up hints for the Solo Black Panther movie?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Well, I just came back from my second viewing and there's something I wanted to talk about the first time but didn't because of spoilers, but it looks to me that with Rhodey's paralysis and the consequent scene of him with the prosthetic enhancements they might be teasing his eventual turn into a cyborg.

ZbwOsAZ.jpg

I doubt they'll go that far since it would be pretty much be copying DC's Cyborg, although I wouldn't put it past Marvel to do it on some :troll: shyt.

peppe

Superstar
Daps
Brehs the movie was straight piff, im not gonna start a flame war between dc and marvel but cival war blew it out the water.

The problem is if you saw the trailer you want to see "that" fight but they take their time withthe build up.

The did good by my nikka black panther, his stand alone should be in good hands. His fluid moves, the beatdown he gave, the carmisa, my king.

Man everyone in the room was hyped when they introduced spiderman. You could hear the whispers like what spiderman is in this??

Ant man did his thing god damn this movie was worth the wait.

But brehs the spiderman parts were hands down the best of the movie. It really was spiderman from the animated series, i almost shed a manly tear. Day one tickets for homecoming and aunt may is a straight milf, what a time to be alive.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I want EVERYONE'S opinion on T'Challa.

How was the relationship between T'Challa and T'Chaka handled?

Did T'Challa son Tony Stark like he does in the comics?

How are the Dora Millaje handled?

How is T'Challa's intelligence portrayed?

When he decides to join up with Team Stark does he outright tell Tony he's only in it to murk Bucky and he won't be taking orders from a half-drunk nitwit?

How much time does T'Challa spend in suit vs out of suit?

How well was the accent handled?

How many fights does he have in the movie and of those fights how many does he win?

Does T'Challa fight Falcon?

Does T'Challa make mention of the stolen Vibranium from Age Of Ultron?

Does T'Challa note, or even care that Cap's shield is made of Vibranium?

Who does T'Challa get the most "character building" moments with?

How is Wakanda portrayed in the after-credits scene?

How well does this movie do in setting up hints for the Solo Black Panther movie?

T'Challa and T'Chaka only share one scene prior to T'Chaka's death but they establish that T'Chaka is proud of his son and sees in him a strong, future king for Wakanda. T'Challa too greatly respects his father.

T'Challa didn't really interact with Stark that much. His agenda is focused entirely on Bucky and he doesn't mingle with any of the superheroes outside of some minor dialog with Black Widow. It's best summed up when during the big airport battle Hawkeye is like 'I don't think we've been introduced, I'm Clint!' and T'Challa just responds with 'I don't care'. Again, he only cares about getting Bucky.

There's only one Dora Milaje shown as his bodyguard when he leaves some government compound. She's like a bald Grace Jones, although better looking and has a goddamn nice booty. Black Widow stands in the way because she wishes to speak with him and she just directly threatens her to get out of the way. T'Challa smirks and says that although he'd love to see that fight, this is not the time and stops her.

I'd say it's roughly equal time between T'Challa in and out of the suit, and Boseman handles the accent fine. It's consistent and it sounds genuine.

There's three fights I'd say. First when he first locates Bucky which leads to the big tunnel chase, where he prevents his escape fighting off Bucky, Cap and Falcon individually. Later when a brainwashed Bucky escapes from custody he fights him again, and actually bests him in direct combat although Bucky gets away because he falls of a ledge and by the time T'Challa catches up Bucky's gone. Then he shows up for the big airport fight midway in the movie, where he primarily faces off against Cap (goes toe-to-toe with him for a good while) and dodges every arrow Hawkeye fires at him, as well as catching two explosive arrows which he shrugs off. The closest loss he takes is getting swept aside by Giant Man, and Black Widow zaps him repeatedly to slow him down from catching up to Steve and Bucky, although he doesn't go down. Since there's no real clear winner in any of the battles he (nor anyone else) really wins, but it's made clear that in combat he could best the most of them easily.

The stolen Vibranium from AoU is mentioned by king T'Chaka at the UN assembly, and he says it is the primary reason Wakanda has stepped away from its isolationist history, because they feel partly responsible for what happened and felt the need to start reaching out to other nations.

T'Challa doesn't bring up Vibranium but Cap does ask him whether his suit is made of Vibranium, and T'Challa just remains silent.

As said, T'Challa gets the most dialog with Black Widow, mostly because she directly apologized to him for the Wakandan lives lost in the opening scene of the movie. He also has a strong moment towards the end when he finds Zemo, the real killer of T'Chaka, and upon seeing how driven by revenge he is, and how revenge is tearing the Avengers apart, he doesn't want revenge to eat him up so he puts away his claws and vows judgment will be served. Zemo then tries to kill himself but T'Challa stops him and chokes him out saying 'The living aren't done with you yet'.

Bucky is being treated in a high-tech Wakandan lab. T'Challa joins Cap as they discuss the future of Wakanda if the world finds out they're hiding Bucky, and T'Challa responds that he loves to see them try. The camera then pans away to the outside where it's revealed the lab's in the middle of a thick jungle overseeing a giant panther statue. That's also the closest we get to any idea for what might go down in the Black Panther solo flick.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Well, I just came back from my second viewing and there's something I wanted to talk about the first time but didn't because of spoilers, but it looks to me that with Rhodey's paralysis and the consequent scene of him with the prosthetic enhancements they might be teasing his eventual turn into a cyborg.

ZbwOsAZ.jpg

I doubt they'll go that far since it would be pretty much be copying DC's Cyborg, although I wouldn't put it past Marvel to do it on some :troll: shyt.

They've already done that in Agents Of Shield with Deathlok and besides that's its fukking insulting. Making the black guy the damn robot :martin: to hell with that:camby: