Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I dont know.... I just believe..... for comic book movies;

Having jokes in is doesnt mean its bad or makes it bad or takes away from the movie

and I dont believe being dark automatically makes it better or makes it a great movie.

I just want them to be true to what they are per their sources

People be like "bu bu bu bu bu but Batman doesnt joke...." and cool thats fine and of course not.... he didnt really make jokes in the cartoons or comics either. Thats staying true to him but its not like the people around him didnt have jokes, he was a lot of times the straight man to the comedy around him.

Growing up I recall a lot of the Marvel comics and cartoons ALWAYs having wise cracks in the pages, it can be serious and funny it doesnt have to be one or the other. And I hate thats the stance DC is brain washing everyone to believe.

I love to use Kick Ass, Watchman and Punisher War Zone as examples because those were all DARK movies darker than all the Marvel and DC movies but they had funny shyt in it and it didnt hurt the movie (though I know some may have polarizing feelings about WarZone). Blade 1 had jokes so did Spawn. People love those.... jokes have been in lots are hard movies in other genres from all of Arnolds classics, to Stallone...... to know how jokes can fukk up tension.

I think there are more jokes in a dark movie like Running Man than the Avengers but thats still a great fukking movie
As I've said before. Jokes aren't the problem. Comedy isn't the problem. Stale ass Whedon comedy had played out. The comedy was great in the Avengers. Played out in Ultron. I mean Ultron was funny, that style of comedy was the kind to take you out of the movie.

Russos seem to have a better handle on it.

Blade 2 is funny as hell, but its great character moments.

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

kgVLYcS.png
The days are taking too long!

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i have to assume it's like that b/c these clips aren't showing everything, but the choppy editing is really weird in the past few. the movie can't possibly be like that right?

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Never knew panther was mostly cgi'd dude looks and moves so digitally in action . :patrice:Hopefully it looks better on the big screen

From what I hear these clips are from early builds of the film. They just sent in the final film a week ago for the premier and other press events.

Last edited:

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
i have to assume it's like that b/c these clips aren't showing everything, but the choppy editing is really weird in the past few. the movie can't possibly be like that right?

The clip is definitely edited and I am sure it will look better in the final version on May 6.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
"Captain America: Civil War" Screenwriters Reveal How Spider-Man Impacted Black Panther's Role

According to "Captain America: Civil War" screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, Black Panther didn't always have such a prominent role in the film. During an interview with CinemaBlend, Markus revealed that they always had Spider-Man involved in "Civil War" -- but, when Marvel Studio's and Sony's deal for the character almost fell through, they beefed up Black Panther's role to potentially fill the gap.

RELATED: "Black Panther's" Coogler Contributed to "Captain America: Civil War's" Take on the Character

"Originally, T'Challa and T'Chaka were just the representatives of Wakanda, sort of the voice of other countries in the world going, 'You people are out of control,' and then to be aggrieved by possible Bucky actions. Frankly, just not have him be Black Panther yet," Markus explained. "He's getting his own movie, you know. He's the prince of a country! That's pretty good for a movie. Maybe we get to play with Spider-Man and all that. When things maybe looked like we weren't going to get Spider-Man, it was like, 'Let's put the costume on that guy!' And then he became so integral to the story as it evolved that once Spider-Man came back, we didn't take him out. So, it was a problem that created a really nice situation."

In February 2015, Sony and Marvel announced a deal to share live-action rights to the character, which were previously solely under Sony's control. Jon Watts is set to direct the movie, with a screenplay by John Francis Daley and Jonathan M. Goldstein. Spider-Man is scheduled to swing back into theaters in his own feature film on July 7, 2017.

Directed by Joe and Anthony Russo and starring Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson, Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan and more, "Captain America: Civil War" opens on May 6, 2016.