Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
it's not that i mistrust the russo brothers, i mistrust the studio that directs them. you saw how they completely misrepresented age of ultron.

that negative review makes it sound as if this movie shares some of the same characteristics. the russo bros version of avengers 2.

i hope that guy was just having a bad night.

Well even The Winter Soldier had some one liners and comedy moments. Not as many as Avengers 2 but they were there.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Well even The Winter Soldier had some one liners and comedy moments. Not as many as Avengers 2 but they were there.
you can't even compare the two.

winter soldier is a tightly written, cohesive movie with actual stakes. sure there's some levity once in awhile but it's to balance things out and give the movie some punch.

avengers 2 is so carefree and comical that it felt like i was watching ninja turtles. that and it's a huge, sloppy mess.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER

winter soldier is a tightly written, cohesive movie with actual stakes. sure there's some levity once in awhile but it's to balance things out and give the movie some punch.

avengers 2 is so carefree and comical that it felt like i was watching ninja turtles. that and it's a huge, sloppy mess.

Well both Avengers movies were written by Joss Wheadon, All 3 Cap movies have been written by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely. They are also writing Infinity Wars working with the Russo's again.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Well both Avengers movies were written by Joss Wheadon, All 3 Cap movies have been written by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely. They are also writing Infinity Wars working with the Russo's again.

yea that's true, but if marvel says they want things a done a certain way...

that's all i'm saying. and if the movie does end up being exactly as that reviewer warned about, i would be very disappointed..

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

Come on man...... Kill that noise!:troll:

I dont really recall that movie having jokes in like every scene like how some people try to revise it to have. I thought it balanced out deeply, wasnt sloppy (I mean there is a recent example of a movie that was sloppy that I'm not gonna name but just saying).

Kick Ass was straight jokes but no one has anything really bad to say about that. This movie didnt feel like Ninja Turtles (which surprisingly wasnt all that bad might I add).

Daps
Reppin
NYC

I dont really recall that movie having jokes in like every scene like how some people try to revise it to have. I thought it balanced out deeply, wasnt sloppy (I mean there is a recent example of a movie that was sloppy that I'm not gonna name but just saying).

i saw the movie on tv the other day and it was the first time i watched it again since seeing it in the theater... it really was just as bad i remembered it.

the tension just dissolves away, there's a joke in every scene it feels like. it was way, wayyyy too much.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown

Kick Ass was straight jokes but no one has anything really bad to say about that. This movie didnt feel like Ninja Turtles (which surprisingly wasnt all that bad might I add).
nah, there's hella jokes in the movie. Some were funny but i was :childplease: when you had Hawkeye and i think Black Widow riding around talking about redecorating his house while the the final battle is going on. It kills the suspense when the characters themselves don't seem all that concerned about making it through.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
i saw the movie on tv the other day and it was the first time i watched it again since seeing it in the theater... it really was just as bad i remembered it.

the tension just dissolves away, there's a joke in every scene it feels like. it was way, wayyyy too much.

I dont know.... I just believe..... for comic book movies;

Having jokes in is doesnt mean its bad or makes it bad or takes away from the movie

and I dont believe being dark automatically makes it better or makes it a great movie.

I just want them to be true to what they are per their sources

People be like "bu bu bu bu bu but Batman doesnt joke...." and cool thats fine and of course not.... he didnt really make jokes in the cartoons or comics either. Thats staying true to him but its not like the people around him didnt have jokes, he was a lot of times the straight man to the comedy around him.

Growing up I recall a lot of the Marvel comics and cartoons ALWAYs having wise cracks in the pages, it can be serious and funny it doesnt have to be one or the other. And I hate thats the stance DC is brain washing everyone to believe.

I love to use Kick Ass, Watchman and Punisher War Zone as examples because those were all DARK movies darker than all the Marvel and DC movies but they had funny shyt in it and it didnt hurt the movie (though I know some may have polarizing feelings about WarZone). Blade 1 had jokes so did Spawn. People love those.... jokes have been in lots are hard movies in other genres from all of Arnolds classics, to Stallone...... to know how jokes can fukk up tension.

I think there are more jokes in a dark movie like Running Man than the Avengers but thats still a great fukking movie

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
nah, there's hella jokes in the movie. Some were funny but i was :childplease: when you had Hawkeye and i think Black Widow riding around talking about redecorating his house while the the final battle is going on. It kills the suspense when the characters themselves don't seem all that concerned about making it through.

This reminds how the other day I was just watching Die Hard and seeing McClane run through a building barefoot and bloody with terrorist chasing him and holding his wife and employers hostage and killing cops and he was making jokes from start to finish:lolbron:

I never felt like he wasnt concerned about making it through or that there was no suspense

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
This reminds how the other day I was just watching Die Hard and seeing McClane run through a building barefoot and bloody with terrorist chasing him and holding his wife and employers hostage and killing cops and he was making jokes from start to finish:lolbron:

I never felt like he wasnt concerned about making it through or that there was no suspense
No one is saying there can't be jokes breh. but you can go overboard with it and have poorly placed jokes.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

Avengers 2 has a lot of comedy in the movie..for whatever reason.