Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Either a really good troll job (its 20 pages) or the dude who wrote the negative review is trying to defend himself on IMDB.

Hello Everybody,

I'm Michael Fairbanks, and I wrote the rotten review on The Young Folks.com. I've been posting reviews on IMDB for quite some time and I have a great respect for you all, and your concerns. I would be happy to address people's complaints, and thoughts if you guys have any questions or things you want me to clear up regarding my opinion of the film.

I'm just some guy with a keyboard, and this was just my opinion. I genuinely hope you all enjoy the film.
The movie kind of put me under a spell. It's incredibly entertaining, because that's what Marvel knows how to do. Entertain. They're like the best rock band in the world. However, their stories normally hold up upon reflection, and as soon as I walked out of the theater, the whole thing just fell apart in my lap. I found the narrative itself to just be incredibly thin, and weak. When it does get darker towards the end it feels unearned, and they don't actually do anything that is terribly impactful. It felt like smoke and mirrors to me. It's trying to be so many movies at once that it never actually becomes a movie. Does that make sense?
Well, all this thread is about is talking with you guys. Like I said at the outset. I don't believe myself above any of you. I waited 12 hours in line to see this thing. I'm not just some person who wants to add to the bellowing chorus of people who just want superhero movies to die. I'm just a fan who was genuinely disappointed by this film, and I wanted to be honest about that.
Be careful for spoilers in this thread.​
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3498820/board/thread/256113273?p=1

This reaction reminds me of how people freaked out at any negative review of The Dark Knight back in 08.:heh:

Edit: Thinking its a troll.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
tumblr_o465ssvQAg1rrkahjo2_500.gif
tumblr_o45wur1lxw1rrkahjo2_500.gif
tumblr_o45wur1lxw1rrkahjo1_500.gif
tumblr_o465ssvQAg1rrkahjo1_500.gif

tumblr_o460s5SGrU1rrkahjo2_r1_500.gif

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just seen the movie

It's over

Is there a cameo at the end post credits?

Does the homie Thanos make an appearance saying he is up next for infinity wars.

You can just hide the comment for folks who don't want the movie to be spoiled.