Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
how long would you say the movie dedicates to this subplot, 10-15 minutes?

what do those 10-15 minutes accomplish? what do we learn? why are we wasting time in hong kong?

I just fukkin told you what it accomplished :deadmanny: come on man. I just gave you lines about what it accomplished and established. Kidnapping Lao makes the mob desperate so they turn to...homie Alfred explained it

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I just fukkin told you what it accomplished :deadmanny: come on man. I just gave you lines about what it accomplished and established. Kidnapping Lao makes the mob desperate so they turn to...homie Alfred explained it

not how it advances the plot, how it informs the characters and the story.

what do we learn?

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
how long would you say the movie dedicates to this subplot, 10-15 minutes?

what do those 10-15 minutes accomplish? what do we learn? why are we wasting time in hong kong?
Remember Lau at first wanted a joint venture with Wayne Enterprises and Lucius suspected that some of his deals were off the books. They found out that Lau was in possession of the Mafia's savings to prevent the cops from getting it. So he was a big plot point early on. He was beyond Gotham's jurisdiction and considering the part he played in the Mafia money seizure the scene showed batman using his skills to do what no one else would. In the meeting with the Mafia the Joker said that batman was not restricted by the law.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

what do we learn?

that not only is Gordon willing to go outside the law to solve a problem but so is the new white knight DA who's supposed to do things the right way but won't if push comes to shove. And we learn how desperate the mob truly is

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
ae7qsYL.png

:dame:

He's trying to take Hulk's girl! :lolbron:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
being that these are comic book movies, half of the time the "villain" is the heroes struggle with the job of being a hero in the first place. so again no. unfortunately, the story revolves around the hero. yall keep being bitter at marvel tho :mjlol: the biggest group of people that seem to have a problem with their product is around 15 people on a messageboard :mjlol:
15 :banderas:

Used to be just me.

I started this anti-disney stan wave :smugbiden:

We multiplying while yall die :win:

I'm the best villain marvel has ever produced :smugdraper:

If I ever make a face turn :krs:

:ufdup:

The axe murderer

Daps

what do we learn?
It kinda confirmed what joker said in the mob meeting to lau before he left............ that batman will find him and he is not restricted by the law. And he was right...... the Joker was perceptive and he knew that they'd turn to him once batman gets Lau

Daps
Reppin
NYC
that not only is Gordon willing to go outside the law to solve a problem but so is the new white knight DA who's supposed to do things the right way but won't if push comes to shove. And we learn how desperate the mob truly is

isn't there a more streamlined, more entertaining way to do this?

must we endure long, boring scenes of morgan freeman having corporate sit-downs with wealthy hong kong businessmen? can someone tell me what batman story that's from again?

Daps
Reppin
NYC
It kinda confirmed what joker said in the mob meeting to lau before he left............ that batman will find him and he is not restricted by the law. And he was right...... the Joker was perceptive and he knew that they'd turn to him once batman gets Lau

fine, they wanted to establish that the mob wasn't a match for batman.

there are quicker, easier, less boring ways to do this.

The axe murderer

Daps
isn't there a more streamlined, more entertaining way to do this?

must we endure long, boring scenes of morgan freeman having corporate sit-downs with wealthy hong kong businessmen? can someone tell me what batman story that's from again?
Ah but see that corporate sit down had a purpose. Especially when he went to hong kong and he planted that EMP device on Lau