Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
oKnVyvt.jpg

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
You see, in 1965, there was a bit of a superhero boom period, with a number of comic book companies debuting their own superhero groups of titles, including Archie Comics and M.F. Enterprises. Marvel, too, wanted to expand their superhero lines. However, in the end, they were constrained by the distribution deal they were under where their chief competitor, DC Comics, kept their line of comics artificially low

In 1968, Marvel finally broke out of that deal, but they first tried in 1965, when all the other companies were debuting their superhero lines. When Marvel thought that they had a chance at having more new comics, two of the new titles were going to be the Inhumans and Black Panther (originally called Coal Tiger).

When DC wouldn’t allow them to alter their deal, Kirby and Lee were forced instead to just have the characters debut in the pages of Fantastic Four instead, and therefore, the Black Panther debuted in Fantastic Four #52 instead…

Here is Kirby’s initial take on the Black Panther, back when he was called Coal Tiger
coal-tiger.jpg

Coal Tiger huh?

:mjlol:

So do we salute DC for unknowingly fukking up @wire28 ?

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Just got the text to see this next week.

:wow:

Redeemed my pass but

It'll be a tough one though since brehs will be camped out for 12 hours

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Remember how I said the editor in chief of Collider talked about how confident Marvel is in the film a while back? Well check this out:sas1:

Marvel know they bout to drop straight heat on us fam. Screening tonight, social media reviews up at 11PM :wow: actual embargo up on the 13th.

3 weeks before the shyt even come out.

:blessed: Marvel excellence

got damn they swag is on Mayweather levels right now :wow:

Jordan, Brady, Bonds, Marvel, when you are at a certain level of dominance you can talk all the shyt you want because you back it up every single time :wow:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
One thing that I'm surprised never came up again was:

The knife that Loki stabbed Thor with in Avengers. In the comics Tony and Pym made a murderous Thor clone/ cyborg, using his DNA. Could have been an early hint, but.I guess they had Tony play the 'mad scientist' card in 'Ultron',already

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To get my body nice loose and moist in the coming weeks I will watch civil war, ant man, age of ultron