Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
TkWCOmE.jpg
I love this thread and my BP brethrens:to:

Seedz

Hate White People
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Primetime I'm asking you because you posts last and seem to be a big marvel fan.

I haven't seen the first 2 Captain America movies. I heard the first one sucked, but Winter Soldier was good. Would you recommend watching both before Civil War?

I've seen both Avengers though.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
@Primetime I'm asking you because you posts last and seem to be a big marvel fan.

I haven't seen the first 2 Captain America movies. I heard the first one sucked, but Winter Soldier was good. Would you recommend watching both before Civil War?

The Cap films have been the most consistent Marvel films to date. The first one is a period piece but it's a solid movie. To me the Winter soldier is my Top Marvel film at the moment. Hoping Cap 3 changes that.

I would say watch both, so you will get the full history and story arc between Steve & Bucky, Steve & Peggy etc. Then make sure you watch the end credit scene of the first one which shows Steve being in present day before the first Avengers film.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
@Seedzington basically what @Achille said.

Granted i never watched CA first avenger bc i actually never fukked with captain america at all.. but CA: TWS changed that.

TWS is the best MCU movie to date (IMO) and its the same directors in CW with an avengers-level cast this time around.

I'm leaning towards watching first avenger just so i have a holistic understanding of the trilogy from a MCU standpoint but since i already knew the comics, i went into TWS already knowing Bucky/Caps history and ending.

So i strongly recommend watching TWS, without question. Its a great movie. FA i cant speak on but the benefit would be catching any subtleties in TWS and presumably CW if youre big on soaking up everything like that.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER

Also what makes the Cap movies better then the other movies is because for all 3 films they had the same writers throughout. You had Joe Johnston who directed the Rocketeer direct Cap 1, and The Russo Bros directed Cap 2 and Cap 3. The Russo's are not just directors they worked hand to hand with the writers to help recraft the script and make it tight before they even before they start shooting. They had a good year in half to do that on The Winter Soldier. As for Cap 3 since the second movie was such a success, they didn't have as much prep time but the directors/writers already had some ideas going in. It's also noted that Russo's and the writers (Stephen McFeely, Christopher Markus) will reteam again for the next two Avengers movies called Infinity Wars. So Marvel must be impressed with what they have in store if they didn't there would be different director/writers by now. You can't forget about the great score from Henry Jackman, he did The Winter Soldier, now they bringing him back for Cap Civil War.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
@Seedzington basically what @Achille said.

Granted i never watched CA first avenger bc i actually never fukked with captain america at all.. but CA: TWS changed that.

TWS is the best MCU movie to date (IMO) and its the same directors in CW with an avengers-level cast this time around.

I'm leaning towards watching first avenger just so i have a holistic understanding of the trilogy from a MCU standpoint but since i already knew the comics, i went into TWS already knowing Bucky/Caps history and ending.

So i strongly recommend watching TWS, without question. Its a great movie. FA i cant speak on but the benefit would be catching any subtleties in TWS and presumably CW if youre big on soaking up everything like that.

Definitely check out First Avenger. It is underrated. I think we all slept on it because we didn't see the potential of the entire storyline. When you go back and watch it after TWS, you realize how well they stacked the deck for the series.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Well I got a month to watch. Lol I actually might watch the first one tonight.

Thanks y'all.

I'd rep ya both but I'm in the red. Daps will have to do.

I noticed older people like the first movie since it's a period piece of the look and feel of it. When I saw part 2 there was some older people, they didn't like it because it's totally different tone and shift with the violence from the first one. They was kind of upset about it. That was Russo's way to say the times have changed significantly since the first movie being in modern day.

You can peep the video game movie based off The First Avenger too. Chris Evans felt the first Captain America didn't really move that well, so they tried to incorporate elements of how Cap moved in the game for the Winter Soldier.

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
Apparently Alfre Woodard is in this and she's not playing the character that she is playing in Luke Cage :patrice:

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
Has it been said SPECIFICALLY she wouldn't be her Luke Cage character? I simply couldn't IMAGINE Marvel having the exact same actor play two different roles within a universe that is so intimately connected...
UPDATE: Well, it looks like we may have jumped the gun on crossover possibilities as ScreenCrush has learned that Woodard won't be playing Mariah Dillard, which means that there will likely be no Luke Cage tie-in. She'll instead be appearing in a small, but pivotal role in the film's opening: "She’ll be playing the mother of an American citizen who was killed during the Battle of Sokovia in Age of Ultron. Her character has a confrontation with Tony Stark where she lays both guilt and blame at him for the death of her son. It’s this encounter that convinces Tony to back the Sokovia Accords that would regulate The Avengers and other “enhanced individuals.”" They also add that Woodard was cast in Captain America: Civil War long before she was cast in Luke Cage, which makes sense considering Civil War wrapped in mid-August 2015 and her role in Luke Cage wasn't confirmed until late September.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
UPDATE: Well, it looks like we may have jumped the gun on crossover possibilities as ScreenCrush has learned that Woodard won't be playing Mariah Dillard, which means that there will likely be no Luke Cage tie-in. She'll instead be appearing in a small, but pivotal role in the film's opening: "She’ll be playing the mother of an American citizen who was killed during the Battle of Sokovia in Age of Ultron. Her character has a confrontation with Tony Stark where she lays both guilt and blame at him for the death of her son. It’s this encounter that convinces Tony to back the Sokovia Accords that would regulate The Avengers and other “enhanced individuals.”" They also add that Woodard was cast in Captain America: Civil War long before she was cast in Luke Cage, which makes sense considering Civil War wrapped in mid-August 2015 and her role in Luke Cage wasn't confirmed until late September.

Dash my fukking hopes why don't you.:mjcry:

Negged:camby: