Can’t keep saying the education system in this country is bad. It’s the parents fault.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
I personally know some cats like this….. black and white…. fukk the COO title, it’s a money thing. You think a first gen Nepali or Mexican American always have parents that are fluent in speaking and reading English? :childplease: The Nepalese parents may own 6 restaurants and live in an area where they have access to a top 50 school system. The Mexican parents may own 4 tire garages and have access to the same school system…. Majority of them ain’t throwing money at tutors unless it’s time to prep for college…. Upper class white folks too.
I 100% agree that it's purely a money thing. If the average person made Tom the COO money they're hiring personal tutors for their kids too. But we don't so Tom the COO is not a model we can apply to our kids. We just don't have the resources to do it.

And yeah you can believe what you want about what folks are spending on their kids. But you'll never know unless they tell you or you see it for yourself. I don't have a single coworker with the resources that isn't spending on personal tutoring. And that's irregardless of how good or bad their kids are doing.

My manager does it, my skip does it, my mentors did it, my peers with legacy money do it. We talk about these things. I wish I could do it, but shyt, my family is lower middle class outside of myself. I gotta save differently

:yeshrug:

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
What's the metric for a bad parent is the real question.
Does it matter if there is no solution for bad parenting?
Easier to teach kids with bad parents to be educated at their current grade level, than it is to ensure there are no bad parents out there.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
I worked in a high school in the burbs a couple years. Its the parents fault. And most of them think if their kid struggles the teachers should be making dancing alphabet tiktoks on their downtime to make learning more “fun”

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
How the actual upper class deals with education

How the merely rich and famous do it

If you're a smart brotha and you've gone to these schools and dealt with these folks, or you got you pedigree/degree and you're in the workforce - there's a whole lot of legacy hires that are managers and make more money than you.

romeodunn

Pro
Daps
It is tied to many factors but I would primarily it is due to kids having kids.

Trauma and dysfunction in families tend to be generational so if you have young adults having children before they themselves even have a proper career or education the outcome is likely to be more dysfunction.

This situation was predicted in the 60's by Patrick Moynihan and everything he predicted happened. The only difference is that now we are starting to see the same issue with lower class white families too.

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is why the birth rates are plummeting. Hard to parent correctly when everything is extra expensive and parents work more hours than ever.

Hope AI comes in and cures this issue indefinitely.
AI is a legend but I'm not sure he is the best role model or "the answer" for this problem breh :francis: :aicmon:

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
If you don’t have kids, you have no clue how hard it is to supplement their education at home. My kids are in a 2 parent household and it’s still a struggle to do all the shyt you need to do with them after you get home from work.

Both parents working brings in more money but your time is very limited. Just yesterday got the kids home at 6, wife cooked dinner while I practiced baseball with them in the back yard. They then got baths, and ate dinner. After that we had reading lessons with both of them. At that point it was after 8pm so time for bed for them. Almost no time for anything else.

After that I worked out in the basement, watched like 20 minutes of Olympics and it was time to go to bed myself.

I couldn’t imagine trying to do that shyt myself
The time balance is definitely the tricky part. Sometimes when I'm done doing homework with her it's close to 8. We gotta still do dinner, bathe, and give her a bit of personal time before it's time to do it again the next day. It's a challenge

RedBull

All Star
Daps
Reppin
On KRS One's nose, eating sunflower seeds.
As an educator, breh is 1000%. I had middle school kids with 2nd and 3rd grade reading levels, many in the 8th grade. But the schools can’t keep holding them back. Had 16 year old 8th graders. Oh, they can’t tell time to save their lives either. Oh again, writing in script? Smh, they can’t even write in print. It’s really sad and IT IS the parents faults, not the schools. So many bad parents out there that it’s a shame, they’ll call schools yelling about the school not PROVIDING SNACKS TO MIDDLE SCHOOL KIDS, and not address their horrible grades/behavior.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
For people saying parents are too busy to teach kids.... You shouldn't have to micromanage learning. Kids shouldn't have to be treated like they're in prison and you're the warden. If a kid isn't self motivated to learn or you as a parent don't give an incentive or instilled the importance of being knowledgeable, that's YOUR fault.

And the ONLY reason why you can blame the schools is because teachers and administrators aren't equipped to deal with bad ass kids that don't know how to act in a controlled environment and because they can't read or pick shyt up because their parents never instilled learning in them, they disrupt the class, bully other kids and make it cool to be ignorant. Teachers aren't psychiatrists and nor should they be.

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
It starts with honesty in my opinion.

Parents need to tell their kids at an early age “I’m barely making ends meet. We are one bad week from being behind on everything and being homeless. If you don’t put your all into school, you’re going to end up in the same spot as me. Your job is to do better than me. I’m not gonna yell at you, because it’s your life, but know this. No one is going to help you if you fukk this up.”

:ufdup:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
As an educator, breh is 1000%. I had middle school kids with 2nd and 3rd grade reading levels, many in the 8th grade. But the schools can’t keep holding them back. Had 16 year old 8th graders. Oh, they can’t tell time to save their lives either. Oh again, writing in script? Smh, they can’t even write in print. It’s really sad and IT IS the parents faults, not the schools. So many bad parents out there that it’s a shame, they’ll call schools yelling about the school not PROVIDING SNACKS TO MIDDLE SCHOOL KIDS, and not address their horrible grades/behavior.

My sister taught 10th grade English at a mostly black school.. Hell, we went there as kids. She have the class a test in the middle of the school year. It was on a Friday. She told them they could take the test home and it was due on Monday. Out of 17 kids, only 5 brought it in on Monday. So she gave them until Wednesday. Only 2 more brought it in. And this was right before midterms. For a long time she blamed herself. Eventually, she was able to go to a better school district and she said it was night and day.

RedBull

All Star
Daps
Reppin
On KRS One's nose, eating sunflower seeds.
My sister taught 10th grade English at a mostly black school.. Hell, we went there as kids. She have the class a test in the middle of the school year. It was on a Friday. She told them they could take the test home and it was due on Monday. Out of 17 kids, only 5 brought it in on Monday. So she gave them until Wednesday. Only 2 more brought it in. And this was right before midterms. For a long time she blamed herself. Eventually, she was able to go to a better school district and she said it was night and day.

Sad, just sad. What people don’t enter into the equation is that Better School Districts = BETTER PARENTS. It really comes down to the parents…for the MOST part, but there are some exceptions and subjectivity also. Can’t FULLY blame parents, but it’s their responsibility one way or another. Parents are detached, lazy, and narcissistic.

Last edited: