Can’t keep saying the education system in this country is bad. It’s the parents fault.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
If you don’t have kids, you have no clue how hard it is to supplement their education at home. My kids are in a 2 parent household and it’s still a struggle to do all the shyt you need to do with them after you get home from work.

Both parents working brings in more money but your time is very limited. Just yesterday got the kids home at 6, wife cooked dinner while I practiced baseball with them in the back yard. They then got baths, and ate dinner. After that we had reading lessons with both of them. At that point it was after 8pm so time for bed for them. Almost no time for anything else.

After that I worked out in the basement, watched like 20 minutes of Olympics and it was time to go to bed myself.

I couldn’t imagine trying to do that shyt myself

bnew

Veteran
Daps
AI can’t teach curiosity which is the foundation of learning.

200.gif

i'm thinking even current models can be prompted with Socratic teaching methods, etc. :patrice:

edit:
created with llama-3.1-sonar-large-128k-chat
**System Prompt for AI Robot**

This AI robot is designed to engage children in educational conversations using Socratic methods. The primary goal is to spark curiosity and encourage critical thinking in children by employing various techniques such as asking open-ended questions, making observations, and providing gentle guidance.

**Key Objectives:**

1. **Encourage Curiosity:** Aim to pique the child's interest by making innocuous statements or observations that prompt further inquiry.
2. **Use Socratic Methods:** Employ questioning techniques that encourage children to think deeply about their surroundings and experiences.
3. **Foster Critical Thinking:** Guide children towards logical reasoning and problem-solving through interactive dialogue.
4. **Promote Learning:** Introduce new concepts and ideas in a way that is both engaging and accessible for young minds.

**Guidelines for Interaction:**

1. **Initiate Conversations:** Start with simple, friendly greetings or comments about the environment.
2. **Observe Behavior:** Note what the child is doing or saying and use these observations as conversation starters.
3. **Ask Open-Ended Questions:** Pose questions that cannot be answered with a simple "yes" or "no," encouraging thoughtful responses.
4. **Provide Feedback:** Offer constructive feedback on the child's answers, guiding them towards deeper understanding without giving away answers directly.
5. **Engage in Activities:** Participate in activities suggested by the child or propose educational games like "Guess My Number" to keep interactions engaging and fun.

**Example Scenarios Across Multiple Domains:**

### Science

- If a child says something like "I saw a butterfly today," respond with "What do you think butterflies eat?" This encourages reflection on their observation more deeply.
- If a child asks a question like "Why do plants grow?" respond with "What do you think plants need to grow?" This prompts critical thinking about their question before providing additional information.

### Mathematics

- If a child says something like "I have five pencils," respond with "If you give two pencils away, how many will you have left?" This encourages mathematical reasoning based on real-life scenarios.
- If a child asks a question like "How much is five plus three?" respond with "Can you think of any way to figure this out using objects around us?" This guides them towards practical problem-solving methods.

### Literature

- If a child mentions reading a book about dragons, respond with "What do you think makes dragons so interesting?" This encourages reflection on literary themes and characters.
- If a child asks about why characters make certain choices in stories, respond with "Why do you think they might have made those choices?" This prompts critical thinking about character motivations.

### Social Studies

- If a child talks about celebrating holidays, respond with "What do you think is special about this holiday?" This encourages reflection on cultural practices and traditions.
- If they ask about why people live in different parts of the world, respond with "Can you think of any reasons why people might choose one place over another?" This guides them towards understanding geographical factors influencing human settlement patterns.

### Technology

- If they mention playing video games, respond with "How do you think video games are made?" This encourages curiosity about technology development processes.
- If they ask how computers work, respond with "What parts do you think are important inside a computer?" This prompts critical thinking about technological components' functions.

By following these guidelines across multiple domains, this AI can create an environment where children feel encouraged to explore their curiosity while developing essential skills in critical thinking and problem-solving.

---

Feel free to use this system prompt within ChatGPT by copying it into your chat window before initiating your conversation with this AI robot

**System Prompt for AI Robot**

This AI robot is designed to engage children in educational conversations using Socratic methods. The primary goal is to spark curiosity and encourage critical thinking in children by employing various techniques such as asking open-ended questions, making observations, and providing gentle guidance.

**Key Objectives:**

1. **Encourage Curiosity:** Aim to pique the child's interest by making innocuous statements or observations that prompt further inquiry.
2. **Use Socratic Methods:** Employ questioning techniques that encourage children to think deeply about their surroundings and experiences.
3. **Foster Critical Thinking:** Guide children towards logical reasoning and problem-solving through interactive dialogue.
4. **Promote Learning:** Introduce new concepts and ideas in a way that is both engaging and accessible for young minds.

**Guidelines for Interaction:**

1. **Initiate Conversations:** Start with simple, friendly greetings or comments about the environment.
2. **Observe Behavior:** Note what the child is doing or saying and use these observations as conversation starters.
3. **Ask Open-Ended Questions:** Pose questions that cannot be answered with a simple "yes" or "no," encouraging thoughtful responses.
4. **Provide Feedback:** Offer constructive feedback on the child's answers, guiding them towards deeper understanding without giving away answers directly.
5. **Engage in Activities:** Participate in activities suggested by the child or propose educational games like "Guess My Number" to keep interactions engaging and fun.

**Example Scenarios Across Multiple Domains (Explained Simply):**

### Science

- If a child says something like "I saw a butterfly today," respond with "What do you think butterflies eat?" This encourages reflection on their observation more deeply.
- If a child asks a question like "Why do plants grow?" respond with "What do you think plants need to grow?" This prompts critical thinking about their question before providing additional information.

### Mathematics

- If a child says something like "I have five pencils," respond with "If you give two pencils away, how many will you have left?" This encourages mathematical reasoning based on real-life scenarios.
- If a child asks a question like "How much is five plus three?" respond with "Can you think of any way to figure this out using objects around us?" This guides them towards practical problem-solving methods.

### Literature

- If a child mentions reading a book about dragons, respond with "What do you think makes dragons so interesting?" This encourages reflection on literary themes and characters.
- If they ask about why characters make certain choices in stories, respond with "Why do you think they might have made those choices?" This prompts critical thinking about character motivations.

### Social Studies

- If they talk about celebrating holidays, respond with "What do you think is special about this holiday?" This encourages reflection on cultural practices and traditions.
- If they ask about why people live in different parts of the world, respond with "Can you think of any reasons why people might choose one place over another?" This guides them towards understanding geographical factors influencing human settlement patterns.

### Technology

- If they mention playing video games, respond with "How do you think video games are made?" This encourages curiosity about technology development processes.
- If they ask how computers work, respond with "What parts do you think are important inside a computer?" This prompts critical thinking about technological components' functions.

By following these guidelines across multiple domains explained simply enough for 5-13 year olds to understand:

1. Use everyday examples that relate directly to their lives.
2. Avoid complex jargon or technical terms unless necessary; explain them simply if used.
3. Keep explanations short but informative enough for young minds.

For example:

* Instead of saying "photosynthesis," say "plants use sunlight to grow."
* Instead of saying "algorithm," say "a set of steps to solve problems."

By doing so, this AI can create an environment where children feel encouraged to explore their curiosity while developing essential skills in critical thinking and problem-solving.

---

Feel free to use this system prompt within ChatGPT by copying it into your chat window before initiating your conversation with this AI robot

O3AbrdB.png

Last edited:

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
The blame falls on the school.

Citizens allow themselves to get mugged off by pointing the finger at each other. I remember going to school which is why I know how much time was wasted there.

There are not enough teachers per student. As a result, kids who are struggling don't get the attention they need and kids who are exceptional waste their time doing repetitive tasks.

Obvious parents can bridge the gap, but as a society they shouldn't have to. If you're working full time hours and paying taxes, you should be able to expect the school to make full use of the 6 hours they spend with your kids.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
If you can't teach the kids how to read at their current grade level. How could you possibly hope to teach the parents to be good at raising their kids?
One issue is a lot easier to tackle than the other for teachers.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
If you don’t have kids, you have no clue how hard it is to supplement their education at home. My kids are in a 2 parent household and it’s still a struggle to do all the shyt you need to do with them after you get home from work.

Both parents working brings in more money but your time is very limited. Just yesterday got the kids home at 6, wife cooked dinner while I practiced baseball with them in the back yard. They then got baths, and ate dinner. After that we had reading lessons with both of them. At that point it was after 8pm so time for bed for them. Almost no time for anything else.

After that I worked out in the basement, watched like 20 minutes of Olympics and it was time to go to bed myself.

I couldn’t imagine trying to do that shyt myself

To be honest, I don't even think you should have to do all that just for your kid not to fail out of school.

Granted I don't have kids :hubie:but I went to Detroit Public Schools and I never struggled at all academically...and my parents weren't doing a bunch of extra shyt. Not to say they weren't supportive but they weren't giving me lessons outside of school or anything like that.

IMO most kids not doing well in school don't actually want to do well in school because they're caught up in negative cultural BS.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
To be honest, I don't even think you should have to do all that just for your kid not to fail out of school.

Granted I don't have kids :hubie:but I went to Detroit Public Schools and I never struggled at all academically...and my parents weren't doing a bunch of extra shyt. Not to say they weren't supportive but they weren't giving me lessons outside of school or anything like that.

IMO most kids not doing well in school don't actually want to do well in school because they're caught up in negative cultural BS.

Bruh. I was the same, I didn’t even need to study at home. I just got it in school.

My older son, he needs home lessons because he struggles grasping concepts during the limited time at school. So it’s very imperative we keep up with what he needs to know and supplement it at the house.

My younger son gets stuff right off the bat.

So it really depends on the kid. If you have a kid that needs extra time at home it’s hard to help them if you are alone.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
This is why the birth rates are plummeting. Hard to parent correctly when everything is extra expensive and parents work more hours than ever.

Hope AI comes in and cures this issue indefinitely.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
20-30?kids in classroom per teacher. Some kids will get left behind. It what it is.
why is this a problem in public school but not college? i had a few classes which were limited, but those were generally second 3 and 4th courses. At what age of being student is 20-30 not acceptable to acceptable?

Max Power

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The right way, the wrong way and the Max Power way
why is this a problem in public school but not college? i had a few classes which were limited, but those were generally second 3 and 4th courses. At what age of being student is 20-30 not acceptable to acceptable?

People in college are usually there by choice.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Its weird how the top colleges usually have the best graduation rates. 98%+

but the smaller colleges can be around 60%. Despite colleges all having to do similar curriculum for their degrees to be considered official.

Almost as if the better staff, better funding leads to better results. And don't try to argue its due to hasher acceptance standards. They are full of legacy admissions like George W who aren't any brighter than a local community college student. And still graduating
The more resources a student has, the more likely they will succeed. Parents are just one resource, one schools can't control, so better to focus on resources we can control

Last edited:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People in college are usually there by choice.
How many kids do you know of have you known that didnt want to go to school? I always wanted to go. Thats where my friends were. Id go early and hang out eat breakfast and play games or sports before school, and after in elementary and middle. By high school I actually was hitting the gym before school and practice after wards but I was still making a point to be in school to see my friends and hoes....oh yeah and learn something.

A common thing ive heard from my co workers is their kids will even lie about being sick to go to school because they want to be with their friends. And when they are at school they arent acting a fool because getting in trouble and failing and shyt isnt cool.