Can’t keep saying the education system in this country is bad. It’s the parents fault.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But they can make TikTok videos and prank videos and some dumb ass viral “challenge” videos. Or Dance videos.

They look at social media people like Mr. beast and say fukk school. This transcends race as well. Kids simply don’t value education or being educated.
I was out of school before social media. Before people said the same shyt and just blamed other things than social media.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
It’s easy to blame parents and teachers, but in reality it’s the education system that’s to blame. I can only speak for myself. I have two kids. My first born is 15 and is an academic darling. The teachers love her and she’s a A/B student with a 4.0 gpa. My youngest is 6 and has ADHD and it’s been a struggle with him at school. The big difference outside the adhd is that they went to different schools. My oldest went to predominately white schools, while my youngest has went to a predominately black school. From what I’ve seen in dealing with my youngest in the schools he’s been in is that it wasn’t equipped to deal with any type of special need kids. It’s been a constant struggle to get him anything they’re entitled to. This school year he’s going to a different school and it’s rated better than the schools in my neighborhood.

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
Are teachers only homosexual males now? :dahell: got this faq wearing a septum ring teaching 4th graders :dahell:

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
It’s easy to blame parents and teachers, but in reality it’s the education system that’s to blame. I can only speak for myself. I have two kids. My first born is 15 and is an academic darling. The teachers love her and she’s a A/B student with a 4.0 gpa. My youngest is 6 and has ADHD and it’s been a struggle with him at school. The big difference outside the adhd is that they went to different schools. My oldest went to predominately white schools, while my youngest has went to a predominately black school. From what I’ve seen in dealing with my youngest in the schools he’s been in is that it wasn’t equipped to deal with any type of special need kids. It’s been a constant struggle to get him anything they’re entitled to. This school year he’s going to a different school and it’s rated better than the schools in my neighborhood.
it’s not a white/black school thing . There are many predominantly black schools with resource rooms,therapists and self contained classrooms.

This is 1000% a parent issue because it’s on y’all to properly vet the school to ensure that building has what you need because not all schools are the same . Especially when you talk about charters .

You need to meet the resource room teacher if he has one

You need to talk to the OT’s/SLP/PT’s

You need to talk with his social worker/Psychologists

You’re his biggest advocate at the end of the day and it starts and ends with you

Glad you got him out of there

Last edited:

jay83

Superstar
Daps
Are teachers only homosexual males now? :dahell: got this faq wearing a septum ring teaching 4th graders :dahell:

Men usually go where the money is. It’s hard to keep a man making 55,000 when he thinks he can make much more.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
To be honest, I don't even think you should have to do all that just for your kid not to fail out of school.

Granted I don't have kids :hubie:but I went to Detroit Public Schools and I never struggled at all academically...and my parents weren't doing a bunch of extra shyt. Not to say they weren't supportive but they weren't giving me lessons outside of school or anything like that.

IMO most kids not doing well in school don't actually want to do well in school because they're caught up in negative cultural BS.
Public schools aren't the same anymore and a lot of parents opt to put their kids in private school which removes a fair amount of higher middle class to upper class families out of the public school's ecosystem/pool.

The elite and better off demographic abandoning public schools has damaged our communities in my opinion.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
teachers are in 24/7 communication with parents. All the schools have apps where they can direct message and email, plus they can text or call whenever something is wrong.

Its not 1996. The school doesnt have to call and leave a message on the answering machine and wait until you get home and check your messages before you know your kid is fukking up.

Its not 1982, you arent waiting for the mailman to drop off your report card or progress reports.

Parent teacher conferences are a waste of time, if you dont want to actively be involved in your kids school. Which might be pretty hard to do these days because if your kid is in band, sports, any club. You pretty much have to be in or at the school, in more communication by that alone than 95% of other parents.

The problem is teachers cant get fired based on student results. If a middle school teacher has 6 classes a day x7 students for 3 years, lets say out of the entire school year 4 fail. 90% pass. We can call those kids loser, they dont care about education, their family doesnt care, they dont do the homework, they dont show up to class unless forced. lets say 1 of those 4 failures is actually a kid whos struggling, tries but cant grasp, need additional assistance. Lets say thats acceptable.

If a teacher after 3 years has a 15% failure rate, is a total of 105 graduates out of 126 total students or 21 failures. Never is there an intervention saying "hey we need to evaluate your teaching methods, we need to have someone sit in and see why so many kids or failing.

Its easy to point the fingers at parents and at home, and videogames and music because those are evaluated either but the problem isnt at the school or in the classroom.
The entire dynamic is trash. Administrators can be fired over performance, but teachers can be ass and be protected by the Teacher's Union

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Tom the COO of corporation X is paying someone to sit down with Timmy and tutor him. And he's doing that while Timmy is in grammar school, high school, college and grad school.
Tom's kid doesn't need a tutor because the zip code he lives in has excellent public schools and is learning what he's supposed to be without supplements

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Well, I guess, but does the average kid really need all these tutors and extra attention to just not fail out?

I went to public school and didn't have any special tutoring, nor were my parents helping me with my homework or hounding me about my grades and shyt (most of the time I just went home and played video games), and I still passed with no issues (and probably could've gotten higher grades if I wasn't lazy) and eventually went to college.

As somebody who went to inner city public schools I remember a lot of the kids just behaving terribly and they had to spend as much time disciplining kids as they did teaching anything. Had to spend a lot of time doing nothing or entertaining myself while teachers gave most of their attention to more problematic kids. Seems like problems at home are the biggest factor.
You also didn't have a super computer in your pocket at all times and social media and modern technology to be a consistent deterrent to focusing.

Kids now have parents with less time and attention to give and they're addicted to the internet and everything that comes with it

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Yes and No. You should be getting your tax money’s worth when it comes to public schools educating your kids. Upper middle class whites ain’t having this issue. You think Tom the COO of corporation X is sitting down with Timmy after working 10 hours to go over his homework? :childplease: The first thing Tom is going to bring up is the 5 figures he pays in property taxes to have access to good schools, and if there is a problem with the school system, changes in said administration will be made swiftly. Believe that shyt. Childless mofos will still come in here and morally grandstand tho…
Lotta those people with money will hire tutors if their child is struggling, or even if they’re not.

That’s something more of us need to look at. Too easy to find college students hiring themselves out as tutors for relatively little money.