Can't front no more, Kendrick Lamar is trash...

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Too many words, too many syllables...ehh
Too many words:mjlol:

How about he just express a coherent thought instead of sounding fake woke:ld:

Rather bump Lupes "Dumb it down" than 90% of Kendricks new shyt:mjlol:

90% of this thread agreed dude is overrated buns

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Too many words:mjlol:

How about he just express a coherent thought instead of sounding fake woke:ld:

Rather bump Lupes "Dumb it down" than 90% of Kendricks new shyt:mjlol:

90% of this thread agreed dude is overrated buns
Where are these "incoherent", "fake woke" verses he's supposedly abundant with? Sounds like a convolution of the 2 issues nikkas have with him.

All the Stars
"Tell me what you gon' do to me
Confrontation ain't nothin' new to me
You can bring a bullet, bring a sword
Bring a morgue, but you can't bring the truth to me
fukk you and all your expectations
I don't even want your congratulations
I recognize your false confidence and calculated promises all in your conversation
I hate people that feel entitled
Look at me crazy 'cause I ain't invite you
Oh, you important?
You the moral to the story, you endorsing?
Motherfukker, I don't even like you
Corrupt a man's heart with a gift
That's how you find out who you dealin' with
A small percentage, who I'm building with
I want the credit if I'm losing or I'm winning
On my momma that's the realest shyt"

What's incoherent?

Pray for Me
"I fight the world, I fight you, I fight myself
I fight God, just tell me how many burdens left
I fight pain and hurricanes, today I wept
I'm tryna fight back tears, flood on my doorsteps
Life a livin' hell, puddles of blood in the streets
Shooters on top of the building, government aid ain't relief
Earthquake, the body drop, the ground breaks
The poor run with smoke lungs and Scarface
Who need a hero? (hero)
You need a hero, look in the mirror, there go your hero
Who on the front lines at ground zero? (hero)
My heart don't skip a beat, even when hard times bumps the needle
Mass destruction and mass corruption
The souls are sufferin' men
Clutchin' on deaf ears again, rapture is comin'
It's all prophecy and if I gotta be sacrificed for the greater good, then that's what it gotta be"

What's incoherent?

All I see is a writer finding unconventional phrases to express conventional themes.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Where are these "incoherent", "fake woke" verses he's supposedly abundant with? Sounds like a convolution of the 2 issues nikkas have with him.

All the Stars
"Tell me what you gon' do to me
Confrontation ain't nothin' new to me
You can bring a bullet, bring a sword
Bring a morgue, but you can't bring the truth to me
fukk you and all your expectations
I don't even want your congratulations
I recognize your false confidence and calculated promises all in your conversation
I hate people that feel entitled
Look at me crazy 'cause I ain't invite you
Oh, you important?
You the moral to the story, you endorsing?
Motherfukker, I don't even like you
Corrupt a man's heart with a gift
That's how you find out who you dealin' with
A small percentage, who I'm building with
I want the credit if I'm losing or I'm winning
On my momma that's the realest shyt"

What's incoherent?

Pray for Me
"I fight the world, I fight you, I fight myself
I fight God, just tell me how many burdens left
I fight pain and hurricanes, today I wept
I'm tryna fight back tears, flood on my doorsteps
Life a livin' hell, puddles of blood in the streets
Shooters on top of the building, government aid ain't relief
Earthquake, the body drop, the ground breaks
The poor run with smoke lungs and Scarface
Who need a hero? (hero)
You need a hero, look in the mirror, there go your hero
Who on the front lines at ground zero? (hero)
My heart don't skip a beat, even when hard times bumps the needle
Mass destruction and mass corruption
The souls are sufferin' men
Clutchin' on deaf ears again, rapture is comin'
It's all prophecy and if I gotta be sacrificed for the greater good, then that's what it gotta be"

What's incoherent?

All I see is a writer finding unconventional phrases to express conventional themes.
:mjgrin:

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
We don't even try to accurately depict things anymore. We just go from one extreme to the next. Just because you don't feel something doesn't mean it's trash.

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
I feel like you are the type to read a review before you decide some music is good or not

Don't fukk with these critics man, they all have an agenda. The type of music you appreciate often just reflects the type of person you wanna be, not how good something sounds. Tpab was a very rough album and I think the belief was that it would stand the test of time and get better with age. It hasnt. It's got a few excellent songs but for the most part nothing I would go back to. GKMC was a much finer record. Critics are the type to overthink some shyt in an culture where feelings and emotion rule over all, but eh...didnt like anything else after that either. GKMC and S80 were classics tho
TPAB shyts on GKMC easily. It's not even close. Also I come across reviews after I listen to an album. I mostly read reviews to see what an album means and it referring to. The first time I listened to TPAB it is was an incredible album to me, only few albums have made me feel that way. TPAB is one of the greatest albums ever made in the history of music.

FSP

Banned
Daps
TPAB shyts on GKMC easily. It's not even close. Also I come across reviews after I listen to an album. I mostly read reviews to see what an album means and it referring to. The first time I listened to TPAB it is was an incredible album to me, only few albums have made me feel that way. TPAB is one of the greatest albums ever made in the history of music.
Nah critics are on his nuts. If any other artist would have came out with that it would have been swept under the rug. But critics are so dead set on making Kendrick this innovative icon. He could take a wet dump and sell it and they would call it a stroke of genius. Same shyt they do with Kanye except Kanye could produce at least.

I don't think Kendrick sucks...but GKMC was his MO if only for the fact that it's what started all the dikk riding

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
Nah critics are on his nuts. If any other artist would have came out with that it would have been swept under the rug. But critics are so dead set on making Kendrick this innovative icon. He could take a wet dump and sell it and they would call it a stroke of genius. Same shyt they do with Kanye except Kanye could produce at least.

I don't think Kendrick sucks...but GKMC was his MO if only for the fact that it's what started all the dikk riding
No. No other artist can come out with an album like TPAB because they are not as musically talented as Kendrick. Kendrick has received praise from the best in the music industry for a reason. An album like TPAB is hard to make, that's why it took 2.5 to 3 years to make it. While you got rappers who put out albums every 5 months. Of course he's going to get praise for an album that sounds good and well made. Y'all complain about the current state of rap but shyt on rappers like Kendrick who take their time to put out great projects.

FSP

Banned
Daps
No. No other artist can come out with an album like TPAB because they are not as musically talented as Kendrick. Kendrick has received praise from the best in the music industry for a reason. An album like TPAB is hard to make, that's why it took 2.5 to 3 years to make it. While you got rappers who put out albums every 5 months. Of course he's going to get praise for an album that sounds good and well made. Y'all complain about the current state of rap but shyt on rappers like Kendrick who take their time to put out great projects.
Kendrick is all star rapper who isn't afraid to experiment musically. Tpab was an experimental piece collaborated with other known experimental artists...essentially the musical equivalent to Oscar bait.

Because of this, critics will gobble up anything he shyts out. You act like critics don't do this. Look at the reviews for DAMN.. totally underwhelming album and they were pretending it was filet mignon when it was a mcdouble...lets not forget about that album that he didn't even bother to name

I didn't even say TPAB was bad but I'm fukkin with saying it's at the top.