Cancer

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Death is probably the easiest part. Quality of life>>>>Life.. Like you know you're gonna miss your fam, but there's a kind fukked up peace that comes with the end of their suffering.. When it nears the end and the suffering gets too much to watch you start to wonder if they'll forgive you for wishing they'd just let go... like does it make me selfish that I want your suffering to end while you're fighting with every ounce of strength to stay alive, but we both know it's futile?? shyt's a different level of fukked up my nikka.. that's why when people from the outside say "just take him/her off life support" I'm like nah, let them have that.. it's not that easy of a decision to make when it's yours..

My father is in the hospital right now from cancer. It's really the only time I feel some what at ease. And yeah I've had the same thoughts and feel/felt selfish about it.

I'm trying to look on the brightside and keep telling myself, "we all have to die some day". Etc. He's had liver cancer for about 2 years now and really had zero problems outside of the way chemo makes him feel for the past year. But just this week he's back to when we first found out.

This may seem messed up but in my mind sometimes I get mad at him because it seems like he's not even trying to fight it at all. Just sleeps all day and never goes out.

I don't know , guess I read to many comic books. Just straight frustrated right now..

Edit: matter of fact about to turn on justice league right now and escape from reality.

Daps
My father is in the hospital right now from cancer. It's really the only time I feel some what at ease. And yeah I've had the same thoughts and feel/felt selfish about it.

I'm trying to look on the brightside and keep telling myself, "we all have to die some day". Etc. He's had liver cancer for about 2 years now and really had zero problems outside of the way chemo makes him feel for the past year. But just this week he's back to when we first found out.

This may seem messed up but in my mind sometimes I get mad at him because it seems like he's not even trying to fight it at all. Just sleeps all day and never goes out.

I don't know , guess I read to many comic books. Just straight frustrated right now..

Edit: matter of fact about to turn on justice league right now and escape from reality.

This whole thread is sad,but needed,people need to go to the doctor on the regular and make sure they healthy,wake up call thread and should be stickied

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
Cancer has no favorites.. Early detection is the best thing you can do, Niccas really don't like going to the doctor, that's what is really killing our people. I get an annual check-up every year, and if i have some issues in between, I'm headed to the doctor..As long as my company is providing health coverage, I'm using that shyt up.

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé

:mjcry:Damn breh.. do you spend a lot of time with him? Chemo is a bytch, but works for some people.. what's his prognosis? I don't know if I can stomach anyone I love going through that shyt again.. I told my aunt a few weeks ago that I'd prefer it be me and just make it a quick death. To people that have lost multiple loved ones from cancer... I can't even imagine what the fukk it's like to go through that shyt with multiple family members, ain't no way you get out of that shyt in one piece mentally.. :snoop:

Cancer has no favorites.. Early detection is the best thing you can do, Niccas really don't like going to the doctor, that's what is really killing our people. I get an annual check-up every year, and if i have some issues in between, I'm headed to the doctor..As long as my company is providing health coverage, I'm using that shyt up.
Man, the way healthcare shyt is setup, people are more scared of the bill that they are of the diagnosis... Health is basically 2nd to money to people without proper healthcare coverage... and that's really fukking sad..

And even if you do go to the doc and they find it early.. you're still fukked if you don't have great health insurance.. I've seen some hospital bills with real estate numbers :snoop:

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
:mjcry:Damn breh.. do you spend a lot of time with him? Chemo is a bytch, but works for some people.. what's his prognosis? I don't know if I can stomach anyone I love going through that shyt again.. I told my aunt a few weeks ago that I'd prefer it be me and just make it a quick death. To people that have lost multiple loved ones from cancer... I can't even imagine what the fukk it's like to go through that shyt with multiple family members, ain't no way you get out of that shyt in one piece mentally.. :snoop:

Yeah, i take my father to chemo 1-2 times a month and still spend some weekends at my parents house. I'm actually on vacation right now so me and my son have been over here for about a week now. Mostly to keep my mother company( didn't want her here by herself).

X-Ray scans are showing no problems anywhere in his body and all tests are coming out positive. Really have to wait on the ctc scan tomorrow. He just cannot keep any food down and keeps vomiting. But this didn't start until they put him on new chemo Meds which I'm hoping is the cause and not the cancer spreading.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
The worst thing is when doctors open yoj up and then just shake their head and stitch you back up because the cancer spread.

I just found out when he died that the cancer even reached his brain.had a seizure yesterday morning

Sad part his mom was at the hospital and just stepped out to eat and he died when she was gone all by himself.

MoneyBags

Dapper Don Don Boss of Bosses Chief of Chiefs
Daps
Reppin
East Side!
cancer sucks man. work with someone who has less than a year to live with cancer, i couldn't imagine a dr telling me my expiration date. my condolences.

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Had A Friend Die Of Cancer, Was A Jokester Type Dude, A Fireman, A Guy We Hung Out With, Drank With Etc... Those Last Days Are Rough I Wouldn't Wish Cancer On Anyone

He Was Bald And Super Fail, I Heard Him Was Begging And Screaming For God Not To Take His Life, Now That's Some shyt Right There

Ahsha

Pro
Daps
I lost my father to cancer in '06. I was in Louisiana at the time and he was still in Cali. Never got to see him when he was on his death bed. In a way, I'm glad I didn't because it would have just made it even harder for me. I miss him :mjcry:

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
My great grandmother died of cancer two weeks ago. I saw her photo in the casket she was like nothing :to:

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
fukk cancer man

Just found out a good friend of mine was diagnosed with a blood cancer. The doctors said they caught it early but we low key know what's gonna happen but don't wanna believe it.

Anybody know anyone that had it? How did that go?