Cancer

concise

Veteran
Daps
Might be because it's Cancer season, but I don't know I thought this thread would have been about the astrological sign Cancer? :skip:

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Same. Watched my pops go through that last year. Never smoked, never drank a day in his life. Dedicated his life to being healthy and still got cancer. Watching him go from being the fittest guy I knew, to barely weighing 100 pounds and not being able to walk was the hardest thing I'd ever been through, and I've been through a lot

Respect to you man.

Mama lost her battle w/ovarian cancer last year. Seeing her lose her weight over her 5 year battle as well as her strength, and finally it being nothing else to do was just crippling. You watch them go through things you will NEVER forget or go a day w/o thinking about it. shyt makes you feel guilty at times

Family Man

Banned
Daps
Same. Watched my pops go through that last year. Never smoked, never drank a day in his life. Dedicated his life to being healthy and still got cancer. Watching him go from being the fittest guy I knew, to barely weighing 100 pounds and not being able to walk was the hardest thing I'd ever been through, and I've been through a lot
Terrible man. Cancer scares the shyt out of me.

Daps

How did he find out he had cancer? And how long did it take until it started to show he was sick(Being in shape to being skinny)

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
How did he find out he had cancer? And how long did it take until it started to show he was sick(Being in shape to being skinny)
He got diagnosed around mid- July, and he died in November.

He started noticing back pains a lot, but when you work out a lot you always have some type of ailments so he never made much of it. Then he dropped from 210, to 195 in about 4 days, so we went to the doctor to check it out. Which led to tests, which lead to discoveries of growths. The cancer he had was asymptomatic. Which basically means, it had been there for YEARS, without showing any symptoms. By the time he was diagnosed the tumors had ran up his spine and invaded his liver. It was advanced by the time we even knew. He died 4 months later.

Daps

He started noticing back pains a lot, but when you work out a lot you always have some type of ailments so he never made much of it. Then he dropped from 210, to 195 in about 4 days, so we went to the doctor to check it out. Which led to tests, which lead to discoveries of growths. The cancer he had was asymptomatic. Which basically means, it had been there for YEARS, without showing any symptoms. By the time he was diagnosed the tumors had ran up his spine and invaded his liver. It was advanced by the time we even knew. He died 4 months later.

Damn,now thats fukked up,dude prolly thought he was healthy all those years not knowing he was sick,then to find out it's serious and it's nothing you can do about it,man Im sorry to hear that,was he upset?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

damn

kind of reminds me f thsi grl i went to hs with
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/11/28/cancer_claims_toronto_woman_after_delayed_diagnosis.html

only 28 and cancer took her out

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Damn,now thats fukked up,dude prolly thought he was healthy all those years not knowing he was sick,then to find out it's serious and it's nothing you can do about it,man Im sorry to hear that,was he upset?
Yeah, extremely. As anyone would be. I just urge everyone to know the state of health at all times. Regardless of whether or not you think you're doing everything you can to stay healthy.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
:wow: my condolences for all the brehs in here with relatives/friends going through this

I have had this weird lump right above my hipbone (no troll) for about a year that I've been ignoring because it doesn't hurt and hasn't gotten any bigger...this thread is makng me seriously consider getting it checked

I'd definitely rather just have a stroke or something than a slow death due to cancer.

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
Cancer took my pops at 64 :to:

He was diagnosed with a rare form of skin cancer, they tried everything, surgery, radiation, chemotherapy. They said that the usual prognosis for this type of cancer was 1-3 years, and he made it a month shy of two.

He always joked that he "just had a little bit of cancer" and that kept him going strong. He started to go downhill near Christmas, and we had a one on one with his doctor and he was told that he had a few months left. I think at that point, his mind gave up his "joke" and then he went downhill fast. He lasted 3 weeks after that meeting and his last week was on hospice/palliative care. But he had jokes even two days before he passed when my two best friends came to see him one last time (last day he was unconscious).

I wouldn't wish that withering away upon anyone, shyt is brutal and sad to see someone fade like that.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
damn

kind of reminds me f thsi grl i went to hs with
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/11/28/cancer_claims_toronto_woman_after_delayed_diagnosis.html

only 28 and cancer took her out

I made a thread about a family member I lost to cancer last year.. she was 20
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/life-is-fickle.199710/

to be honest... if i'm ever diagnosed I don't even think I'm gonna go through with treatment.. I'll probably just do assisted suicide... the pain, suffering, ups and downs, hope, despair, watching someone you love deteriorate, the toll it takes on your fam.. and that's if you're lucky enough to have good people around you as most people don't... i don't want anyone close to me to have to go through that shyt again.. like you'll hear folks suffer/die from cancer and you'll be sad for a bit, but you'll get back to the rest of your day, but when that shyt hits home.. totally different ball game :mjcry:

Daps
:wow: my condolences for all the brehs in here with relatives/friends going through this

I have had this weird lump right above my hipbone (no troll) for about a year that I've been ignoring because it doesn't hurt and hasn't gotten any bigger...this thread is makng me seriously consider getting it checked

I'd definitely rather just have a stroke or something than a slow death due to cancer.

Breh I had the same thing,lump on my right testicle,it was so small,I didn't mind it,about a year later,just happened to mess around down there and the shyt swelled up to bout the size of a marble I was scared as fukk,thought it was over,it was only a cyst and it went away a few months after seeing the doctor. But yea breh go get it checked out,rather be safe than sorry