Canada bans assault-style weapons after its worst ever mass murder

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah, I got a much better idea :jawalrus:

If you own a military grade weapon in America, you CAN keep them, but it would be a major financial liability. If you use your high-powered firearm in a mass shooting, and not for self defense, not only your firearm will be taken away and dismantled/destroyed in front of your face, but you will lose all of your assets (house, car, bank account) on top of a life sentence behind bars. All of your wealth will be taken away if you do a mass shooting killing innocent people. That would make people think twice before firing it.

Regular handguns are not subjected to these rules.

How many mass shooters do you know of that are free?

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
That already happens. :heh: If someone uses a rifle in a mass shooting they either end up dead from the police or suicide before getting arrested or they spend the rest of their life in prison for the crime they committed.

Im talking about taking away their assets so that no one around them havr the resources to do that again. Make them lose money, on top of their freedom, so they would think twice. Also jack up the price of ammo, as well.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
How many mass shooters do you know of that are free?
Their families still have their money and sometimes even the other guns. Take away their assets outside of their freedom as well.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Their families still have their money and sometimes even the other guns. Take away their assets outside of their freedom as well.

That's not their's though. If a person is dead or in jail they don't really have resources or assets. Often times their families don't want anything to do with them.

Last edited:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Im talking about taking away their assets so that no one around them havr the resources to do that again. Make them lose money, on top of their freedom, so they would think twice. Also jack up the price of ammo, as well.
What good is their assets or money if they're in prison or dead? The guns and ammunition that the shooters use are taken in by law enforcement so nobody has access to it anyways.

Oldschooler

All Star
Daps
“The gunman did not have a firearms license and that only one weapon was traced back to Canada, police said.”

That defeats the whole point of banning them if he most likely didn’t get them in Canada and got them illegally, criminals don’t follow “laws” that’s the whole point of being a criminal, this only hurts the law abiding citizens.

But it's not supposed to stop criminals. It's supposed to stop shootings of passion and mentally disturbed individuals from going on a major rampage. It's just one less thing to worry about. I guess this could be a good way to gather some statistics on the before and after for this legislation.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But it's not supposed to stop criminals. It's supposed to stop shootings of passion and mentally disturbed individuals from going on a major rampage.

So it's to prevent people from engaging in criminal behavior with a firearm?

Oldschooler

All Star
Daps
Let me tell you why what u said was dumb.

The government has technology, but at the end of the day they have to rely on soldiers (citizens) to use them.

If the government ever decided to turn their arms on citizens, an extremely large percentage of soldiers would defect before gunning down their families and friends in the streets.

If they then decide to bomb their citizens they risk the possibility of destroying infrastructure and putting themselves in a hole that will be almost impossible to get out of. Also the government will never be legitimate because the children and family of all those people you killed will be out for revenge. So a government critically in debt, with a depleted military, and a rebelling population leaves the door open for another foreign power to enter the fray and start siding with the rebels providing them with funding, weapons, and food. It will be an unwinnable situation.

The crazy thing about the above scenario is that this is a strategy the U.S and other first world countries have used time and time again with countries that have turmoil with their leadership in order to increase their influence in world affairs.

Trust me, governments are more afraid of citizen uprisings than you think they are. They don't really give af about a few random shootings and "protecting" people. They need a population that will willingly disarm themselves so they can stamp out any dissent quickly before it turns into a revolution
It was just an extreme hypothetical against a common racist republican argument that the government is going to take away their freedoms. It's far from the truth because it will never happen its a double L for both the government and its population as you said.

Oldschooler

All Star
Daps
So it's to prevent people from engaging in criminal behavior with a firearm?
It's to reduce the risk of one being killed nothing can be prevented. You can't prevent a criminal from accomplishing their goal you can just make it a bit harder for them. We have to agree to disagree on this. Your argument is that if everyone is fully armed you kill the perp and mine is that you'll have more shootings if access to arms is easier.

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Because Americans are weirdos who have ego issues.

assault rifles are useless when it comes to daily living.

I’ll let the shot guns and the pistols pass

This story is light compared to some of the home invasions I have heard about. Gangs of armed mfs running up in ppls houses. How do you expect a man to protect his wife, or his baby girl against shyt like this?

Think about all the black men killed by white mobs that showed up at their houses in the middle of the night. Can you imagine this happening to you in front of your family?

This world is ugly. You have to do whatever it takes that gives you the best chance of survival- high capacity rifles, army tanks, rocket launchers... whatever I can get my hands on. I'm going out fighting.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
What good is their assets or money if they're in prison or dead? The guns and ammunition that the shooters use are taken in by law enforcement so nobody has access to it anyways.

Assets can be passed down to another generation. Take those assets away, and the family unit of the (former) owner of the assault weapon has to start back over. Take away the house, the cars, the bank accounts, the investments so no one in the bloodline can access them. There needs to be financial liabilities and extreme consequences for owning a high powered weapon, outside of jail time.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
It's to reduce the risk of one being killed nothing can be prevented. You can't prevent a criminal from accomplishing their goal you can just make it a bit harder for them. We have to agree to disagree on this. Your argument is that if everyone is fully armed you kill the perp and mine is that you'll have more shootings if access to arms is easier.

Shootings over petty reasons, too. They never shoot back against corrupt authority figures or the government, but quick to blast at that dude who "disrespected" them at the parking lot of a shopping center, or quick to shoot at a co worker they got in an argument with.

Oldschooler

All Star
Daps
Shootings over petty reasons, too. They never shoot back against corrupt authority figures or the government, but quick to blast at that dude who "disrespected" them at the parking lot of a shopping center, or quick to shoot at a co worker they got in an argument with.
This is what i meant by crimes of passion on my earlier posts. How many stories have we heard of dudes getting into random shootouts because of a road rage or over a parking spot. The human mind is fragile no matter how in control you think you might be. I myself have had times where I've lost my temper over petty shyt and i say thank god i didnt have nothing on me.

Oldschooler

All Star
Daps

This story is light compared to some of the home invasions I have heard about. Gangs of armed mfs running up in ppls houses. How do you expect a man to protect his wife, or his baby girl against shyt like this?

Think about all the black men killed by white mobs that showed up at their houses in the middle of the night. Can you imagine this happening to you in front of your family?

This world is ugly. You have to do whatever it takes that gives you the best chance of survival- high capacity rifles, army tanks, rocket launchers... whatever I can get my hands on. I'm going out fighting.

If a gang of men are coming to your house your best bet is to comply and hand over all you've got so they leave you alone. You play the nice guy role and try your best to show compassion and be understanding. Ofcourse if people are coming to legit kill you then you ain't living through that no matter what protection you have.