Canada bans assault-style weapons after its worst ever mass murder

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I oppose use of assault guns in a petty argument. A world of difference.

If your defending yourself it doesn't matter what type if gun shoukd be allowed to have, right? But we aren't talking about self defense.

How many real world scenarios not mass shootings can you cite where people are using "assault guns"?

Do you know the data of how many people get killed by pistols, shotguns, revolvers, vs " assault guns" annually?

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
Im talking about taking away their assets so that no one around them havr the resources to do that again. Make them lose money, on top of their freedom, so they would think twice. Also jack up the price of ammo, as well.

You can make your own ammo at home

Assets can be passed down to another generation. Take those assets away, and the family unit of the (former) owner of the assault weapon has to start back over. Take away the house, the cars, the bank accounts, the investments so no one in the bloodline can access them. There needs to be financial liabilities and extreme consequences for owning a high powered weapon, outside of jail time.

What constitutes an high powered weapon?

People die from .22 caliber rifles all the time:

Sheriff: 2 women confess to shooting, killing homeless man in Eloise

WINTER HAVEN, Fla. - According to Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd, two women confessed to killing Gregory Shaw, 55, a man living in a homeless camp in Eloise, which is near Winter Haven.

Judd said deputies received a call via On Star shortly after 12:30 a.m. on Wednesday about gunshots fired inside the homeless camp. The caller said people were just shooting at cans, but deputies went out to investigate. They didn’t see anything unusual, so they wrote their report and left.

On Thursday, deputies went back to the camp to investigate in the daylight and found Shaw’s body. They did not see a gun, blood or a bullet hole, but called out the homicide team because of the phone call regarding shots fire the night before.

Upon examination, a 22 caliber projectile was found in Shaw’s body.

According to Judd, Shaw’s girlfriend, Staci Testerman, had a girlfriend, Shea Pinkston, who, upon being released from jail, was told that Testerman moved in with Shaw and was being abused.

Judd said Pinkston’s father drove her to Shaw’s camp and gave her a 22 caliber rifle as she exited the car.

New York Murder-Suicide: Elderly Man Fatally Shoots Wife With Rifle Before Killing Self

By Suman Varandani @suman09
04/16/20 AT 3:23 PM

Steven Pladl, His Daughter Katie and Their Incest Baby Found Dead in Murder-Suicide
In a case of an apparent murder-suicide, a 63-year-old man killed his wife in northern Westchester County, New York. Local police said that the incident took place Thursday.

Troopers were sent to a residence for an alarm activation on Titicus Road in North Salem. When authorities arrived at the scene they found the bodies of two people. The two people dead were identified as Barry Naderman, 63, and Peggy Naderman, 64.

Police said that Barry shot his wife with a .22 caliber rifle before turning it on him.

An initial investigation conducted by the Westchester County Medical Examiner's Office revealed the deaths were a result of a murder-suicide, police said, adding that it was not immediately clear what the motivation might have been.

Last edited:

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
The dumb logic of needing an assault rifle/guns for protection is that if you ever need one for self defence, 80 percent of the time, it's too late because a Mofo already has his gun pointed at you and it's too late to reach for yours majority of the time.

Home invasion is the only scenario where you have the time to reach for your gun,which again is rare because

what if a armed burglar pops up on you while you are downstairs chilling and your gun is in the safe (as a responsible gun owner with kids should) upstairs and you can't get to it on time, what then?

In most scenarios, gun owners never get to use their gun for protection because it's already too late, danger comes fast at you and rarely gives you the time to reach for your gun and cock it. It's just dumb

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The dumb logic of needing an assault rifle/guns for protection is that if you ever need one for self defence, 80 percent of the time, it's too late because a Mofo already has his gun pointed at you and it's too late to reach for yours majority of the time.

Home invasion is the only scenario where you have the time to reach for your gun,which again is rare because

what if a armed burglar pops up on you while you are downstairs chilling and your gun is in the safe (as a responsible gun owner with kids should) upstairs and you can't get to it on time, what then?

In most scenarios, gun owners never get to use their gun for protection because it's already too late, danger comes fast at you and rarely gives you the time to reach for your gun and cock it. It's just dumb

I would think most people who have guns and safes would also have an alarm system, maybe a few cameras to monitor the property, probably a few dogs...

But go off tho

Tell me more about these movie style silent assassin missions

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
I would think most people who have guns and safes would also have an alarm system, maybe a few cameras to monitor the property, probably a few dogs...

But go off tho

Tell me more about these movie style silent assassin missions
I don't engage with black magas/republicans.

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You nikka, are you gonna deny what's so obvious:gucci:

Go through the search history find me repping Republicans.

Y'all nikkas have become so radicalized that you view the world purely in black and white. Youre either with us or MAGA no in between.

You're divorced from reality as evidence by your scenario of regular people falling prey to Metal Gear Solid style assasination attempts just to justify your views on guns.

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
Go through the search history find me repping Republicans.

Y'all nikkas have become so radicalized that you view the world purely in black and white. Youre either with us or MAGA no in between.

You're divorced from reality as evidence by your scenario of regular people falling prey to Metal Gear Solid style assasination attempts just to justify your views on guns.
We know you are not a progressive) obviously:russ:) and you are not a dem centrist either judging by your views on this forum so either you are a libertarian or conservative/republican:francis:

King Poetic

The Monkey in the Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
Can you even get an AR in California?

Nope... illegally yes

you can’t have more than 10 rounds in your gun

and in order to get a gun legally your life has to be in danger unless your famous and there’s no problem

you can also go to the out skirts of the cities to smaller towns with republican sheriff offices and they have no problem getting u a gun license

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
It’s pretty simple to avoid gun violence in america while letting people own guns.

you can own any weapon you want on your personal property. To protect your family. If you use a gun to commit a crime you receive the death penalty. Guns can be carried unloaded to shooting ranges and to hunting grounds. Outside of that they have no use in modern society.

Police shooting anyone they deemed an armed threat would have to prove without a shadow of a doubt the gun wasn’t planted. All vest cameras must remain on thru the duration of a incident.

any armed robbery or strong armed robbery would be dealt with in mandatory minimums. Use a knife get life.

this way nobody could say their rights are infringed on. You can keep your guns for home defense or to defend the country in the fake ass militia scenarios.

This will never happen though. America is built on white supremacy and the gun is the tool of white supremacy. These armed CACs marching on the state houses is proof of that.

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We know you are not a progressive) obviously:russ:) and you are not a dem centrist either judging by your views on this forum so either you are a libertarian or conservative/republican:francis:

Why can't I just make my mind up on individual issues?

Why is there so much of a need to pick a side?

This tribalistic mentality is why progressives lost almost all of their influence in less than 4 years.

You hijacked a party and couldn't even beat Donald Trump lol

The crown jewel of your movement lost to a Senile sexual predator in the primaries

I'd be embarrassed to call myself a progressive for real