Can You Cook?

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
the smell of my pork chops right now got me like :drool:
made enough for me and the kids so i can get seconds for myself :ahh:

just gotta do the sides with some veggies now :thumbsup:
I don't like children, but you talking about yours so enthusiastically is :noah:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I don't like children, but you talking about yours so enthusiastically is :noah:

nothing wrong not liking children its a matter of preference imo
i do cuz i watch em grow and try my best to raise them to be a better person than i am and be successful in life and give them everything in life i can thats within my reach or grasp

they may piss me off and give me headaches but nothing in this world matters more too me then them and they know daddy loves them very much :mjcry:

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
nothing wrong not liking children its a matter of preference imo
i do cuz i watch em grow and try my best to raise them to be a better person than i am and be successful in life and give them everything in life i can thats within my reach or grasp

they may piss me off and give me headaches but nothing in this world matters more too me then them and they know daddy loves them very much :mjcry:
:mjcry: That's so beautiful.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
who's gonna wife a woman that cant cook
What do I have to do to get you to stop following me around. I'm sorry for calling/insinuating that your mother was a dirty two bit hoe. We good now?

Ghost_In_A_Shell

Talk No Jutsu
Daps
I make the best panang curry in town and have created salted caramel brownies that have inspired the wetest of dream. My cajun food ain't bad either.

:birdman:

been cooking since I was 10. started off with eggs and then got the bigger task .Right now , I have been experimenting island food and will continue to do so in the summer.

Sassy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What kind of question is that? Sassy knows how to throw down in the kitchen! But most of the time. Im so indecisive of what i want to cook. :mjlol:

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
TY,,,
Truly it's a love.♥♥♥.
Presentation is everything...:smile:
:gladbron:
You made that?! I thought you were just giving examples. That's awesome!

I don't have the patience for that. I wish I did. It's beautiful but I just want to eat. My mom would get something like that and end up letting the food go to waste because its so pretty.

HONEYBLAY

Pro
Daps
Reppin
~919..Go Tarheelz..~
April 26, 2015 | 46 Comments

How To Make Funnel Cakes

funnel-cake-1024x737.jpg
In This Post:

• Get my Easy Peasy funnel cake recipe
  • Watch a video showing how a funnel cake is made!
  • Print out the recipe at the bottom!
There are so many dishes that we forget can be made at home. Some people just don’t realize it, because they’ve never heard or seen it done, and others get so accustomed to purchasing certain things that it never dawns on them that they can make it at home. There is nothing wrong with either of these, of course, but it does make it fun to surprise your family with a dish they had no idea could come from their own kitchens.

When we first got married, my husband didn’t know that chicken and dumplings or even fudge could be made at home! My family has always had big Southern spreads so his introduction to our family held quite a few firsts for him.

Today I’m going to show you what may or may not be a first for you – how easy it is to make funnel cakes at home. And by “easy” I mean ingredients that you have on hand, a few minutes of cooking time, and you’re done! And just to take the guess work out of it and show you exactly what to do, I’ve even made a little video of actually making and frying the funnel cake. See? It’s like I’ve shown up at your door and made myself at home in your kitchen – only better because you didn’t have to clean anything or change out of your pajama pants :smile:. For the record, I have no problem with a messy house or pajama pants!

Ready? Let’s dive in!

DSC_0476-400x267.jpg

You’ll need: Eggs, Milk, Flour, Baking Powder, Salt, a wee but of sugar (2 tablespoons), and confectioner’s sugar for sprinkling over them.
**BisQuick,or any Pancake Mix...**

DSC_04801-328x400.jpg

You’re also going to need some oil to fry them in, a funnel, and a sifter of some sort to sprinkle confectioner’s sugar over them. My personal preference on oil for frying these is vegetable or corn. Peanut oil would also work really well but I don’t use it often due to a few of my daughter’s friends having allergies.

DSC_0484-400x267.jpg

To begin with, place all funnel cake ingredients in a medium to large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and well blended, this will just take a minute or two. Now you have your batter. See how easy that was? You’ll want to use this batter soon because if you don’t, it will thicken and be hard to come out of the funnel. If that happens, just add 1/4 cup milk and whisk it in by hand.

You can watch me make the funnel cakes in the video below. I’ve also included written instructions as well, though. But this is just one of those things that you kinda need to see it the first time.

Written Instructions (As demonstrated in the video above)

• In a medium to large heavy bottom skillet, pour oil to a depth of 1 to 1.5 inches. Place this over medium to medium high heat to let heat up.
  • Check to see if oil is ready by sprinkling a pinch of flour over it. The flour should immediately sizzle. If it doesn’t, let oil continue heating for another minute or two and then try again.
  • Once oil is ready, cover the opening in a funnel with your finer and scoop 1/2 cup of batter into funnel. Hold this over the hot oil and remove your finger, moving your hand over the oil in a zig zag or swirling pattern but making sure to criss cross over the batter multiple times in order to have cake connect. Continue until funnel is empty and then allow cake to cook until lightly browned on the bottom. Note: as I am creating the funnel cake in the oil, I like to keep the overall diameter of the funnel cake about the size of a plate to make serving easier.
  • Use tongs to careful flip cake over and cook on the other side as well.

Once done, remove to paper towel lined plate and sprinkle top with confectioner’s sugar. Repeat process until all funnel cakes are fried, placing each finished cake onto it’s own paper towel lined plate. Sit back and enjoy your family and friends thinking you’re awesome (because you are!).

This recipe will make about 4 – 5 funnel cakes.

Funnel Cakes

funnel-cake-1024x737.jpg

Print

Last edited:

HONEYBLAY

Pro
Daps
Reppin
~919..Go Tarheelz..~
:gladbron:
You made that?! I thought you were just giving examples. That's awesome!

I don't have the patience for that. I wish I did. It's beautiful but I just want to eat. My mom would get something like that and end up letting the food go to waste because its so pretty.
Those are examples from a Culinary Food Art Convention/Show.....
I have won Awards for food i enter in a show... :smile: