Can William clay ford kick the bucket already official Detroit Lions 2013-14 season thread

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
MUTHAfukkIN REGGIE BUSH :damn:

I BETTER SEE JOIQUE IN THAT bytch THE REST OF THE GAME :damn:

My bird ain't ready till 4:30. I'm weak, brehs :to:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
lions play my eagles next week. conflicted wire :lupe:

Jimmy Johnson just said the Lions have the talent to win the Super Bowl, weirdest thing I've ever heard in my life.

Don't think i've ever heard that about any Lions team :heh:
secondary is still trash, they need another year or two to fix that and be SB contenders. Brees would rip them up

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Great win, but that was a game they were supposed to win, just like the previous two weeks. I still have a wait and see approach with this team.

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
3rd in total run yards given up, 4th in average 83 yds per game :obama:, down from 118 last year :huhldup:
25th against the pass :what:, with both Houston and Slay questionable:ld:

With all sincerity who do we fear more: Foles or Shady :lolbron:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
3rd in total run yards given up, 4th in average 83 yds per game :obama:, down from 118 last year :huhldup:
25th against the pass :what:, with both Houston and Slay questionable:ld:

With all sincerity who do we fear more: Foles or Shady :lolbron:

Foles just based off of the threat of a deep ball :sadcam:

i'm good with Houston not playing hopefully.

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Foles just based off of the threat of a deep ball :sadcam:

i'm good with Houston not playing hopefully.

the back of that mans jersey has been sen far too often this season. I wouldn't be totally upset if he doesn't play either

I been reading that Bush wants the rock more this game, because people, including Schwartz says Bell style is more suited for bad weather games, such as Pittsburgh. That plus Stafford accuracy in the dome let lone bad weather :guilty:

MercuryHayes

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Stationed in Antarctica, Coldest Niggga Alive
Tomorrows game feels like pure disappointment will ensue. It's a game you expect Detroit to lose. Philly wont let them win 2 times in a row in Philly & expectations are different than the TB game where you expect them to win..If Det does win that solidifies our spot.

I just keep envisioning Roughing the passers penalties and 50 yrd bombs.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Tomorrows game feels like pure disappointment will ensue. It's a game you expect Detroit to lose. Philly wont let them win 2 times in a row in Philly & expectations are different than the TB game where you expect them to win..If Det does win that solidifies our spot.

I just keep envisioning Roughing the passers penalties and 50 yrd bombs.
i think DET will lose but i also think CHI will lose too.

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Darius Slay injury: Lions CB has torn meniscus, according to report
By Sean Yuille  @SeanYuille on Dec 7 2013, 1:09p 11

Tim Fuller-USA TODAY Sports
Detroit Lions cornerback Darius Slay reportedly tore his meniscus in practice this week.

TWEET (15) SHARE (22)  SHARE 11 COMMENTS
The injury Detroit Lions cornerback Darius Slay suffered during practice on Thursday turned out to be a torn meniscus, according to ESPN's Michael Rothstein. The "freak" injury, as Jim Schwartz put it, originally sounded like it could be a torn ACL or something else that would end Slay's season, but that's not the case. Instead, according to Rothstein, the Lions are planning to monitor the injury "on a week-to-week basis," indicating that they hope Slay will return at some point this season.

Back in May, Slay actually had knee surgery to repair a torn meniscus. He suffered the injury during offseason workouts in the lead-up to the NFL Draft, and the Lions decided to have him get surgery to make sure it wouldn't be a lingering isue.
e, but it's unclear if surgery is being considered this time around. It's also unclear at this time if Slay injured the same knee as before or if he tore his other meniscus.

In any case, Slay is doubtful for Sunday's game against the Philadelphia Eagles, meaning he isn't expected to play this week. He had his best game in the NFL last week on Thanksgiving as a replacement for Chris Houston, who is expected to be back on Sunday.

If Houston does in fact return, the Lions won't necessarily miss Slay since he likely wouldn't have started anyway. However, it'd obviously be nice to have him around as extra depth going forward, so the hope is that this will turn out to be a minor injury in the grand scheme of things.

Bush also is an uncertainty

Last edited: