Can William clay ford kick the bucket already official Detroit Lions 2013-14 season thread

irishfury

Get Money Gang
Daps
Yeah....I forgot about that one. That wasn't the last drive though. That was early 4th quarter when Maualuga spun him around. Mathis got away with blatant face guarding in the end zone once and I counted at least 3 holds on your O Line that weren't called.

The punter cost you the game, not the refs.

Nope rewatch the last 2 minutes of the game you will see another one and yes our punter who has been stellar all season cost us a game in complete Lions fashion.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
28 completions outta 51 attempts just isn't good enough. He needs to complete atleast 10 more passes and we not even discussing no refs or none of that.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Stafford missed bout 3 clear TDs in the little amount I watched of the game. This dude can't hit anyone in stride to save his life, he can't lead his receivers, and you can tell his throws are calibrated to big WRs (ie Johnson). Which means that he's throwing as if he's aiming for Johnson even when throwing to smaller guys. That's why so many of his passes sail.

This dude never gonna be a truly dominant QB imo...

irishfury

Get Money Gang
Daps
The Stafford stuff is laughable. He missed a few passes in the second quarter. When you put up 3td and 300+ yards and no interceptions on a team that hasn't given up 300 yards in a season and half thats not on your qb

This is the Same D that made Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers look normal.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The Stafford stuff is laughable. He missed a few passes in the second quarter. When you put up 3td and 300+ yards and no interceptions on a team that hasn't given up 300 yards in a season and half thats not on your qb

neither one of those fella's have CJ to throw to though :manny: and it was another game where Matt got Calvin lit up trying to catch one of his lofted balls, it's like Matt tries to use the Phillip Rivers technique tossing to tall receivers but he's not as good with it.

irishfury

Get Money Gang
Daps
neither one of those fella's have CJ to throw to though :manny: and it was another game where Matt got Calvin lit up trying to catch one of his lofted balls, it's like Matt tries to use the Phillip Rivers technique tossing to tall receivers but he's not as good with it.

Matt also doesn't have Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson or any of the other GB weapons. Tom Brady only qb in the nfl who could play with his squad. Calvin got 24 yards last week with one leg and Matt went for 4td and 1 Int. Calvins best WR in the league but he only had two big games this year.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

Stafford lost the game in the first half. He missed three surefire TDs and was all over the place with his throws. He wasn't under pressure and he had quite a few wide open receivers during the game.

irishfury

Get Money Gang
Daps
Stafford lost the game in the first half. He missed three surefire TDs and was all over the place with his throws. He wasn't under pressure and he had quite a few wide open receivers during the game.
:stopitslime:
Had 200+ yards and 2TD in the second half. Not blocking on the field goal and a 27 yard punt from your own 15 lost the game. Or the oline letting a blitzer in untouched on 3rd down with 40 seconds left.
Funny that 300+ yards on a team that hasn't given that up in 20 reg games and 3TD is the cause of the loss. His over throws where all on one drive that was a blocked FG.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
:stopitslime:
Had 200+ yards and 2TD in the second half. Not blocking on the field goal and a 27 yard punt from your own 15 lost the game. Or the oline letting a blitzer in untouched on 3rd down with 40 seconds left.
Funny that 300+ yards on a team that hasn't given that up in 20 reg games and 3TD is the cause of the loss. His over throws where all on one drive that was a blocked FG.
He couldn't hit the broadside of a barn in the first half. :stopitslime:

Funny that he didn't get sacked once, whereas the other QBs you talked about were getting hit often. Stafford had a clean jersey and still missed a ton of throws.

Also funny that Dalton had 17 less attempts yet had 20 more passing yards than Stafford, because he was actually hitting guys in stride.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps

Missed a few passes he had 23 incompletions. Stafford had a nice game, but anything less than 60% completion percentage is bad.

irishfury

Get Money Gang
Daps
I don’t mean to add to the complaints, but the forward lateral non-call that cost us 20 yds and led to the Bengals TD drive before half should have been allowed to be challenged per NFL VP. Schwartz was told he could not challenge it. This was a huge error by the officials today.

A poster mentioned prior to the game today that they ran into one of the guys who would be officiating today’s game who had family coming to the game and were excited to watch it because they grew up in Cincinati. With errors as obvious as the forward lateral non-call, this should be looked into.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2013/10/detroit_lions_jim_schwartz_tol.html

Again about the refs

Oh and I was right about the last drive of game...

Among the most controversial plays were an early hit to wide receiver Calvin Johnson that some believed appeared to be a hit to a defenseless receiver, a third-down incompletion intended for running back Reggie Bush (who appeared to be held on the play), a wiped out third-down conversion with a holding penalty against Johnson when he collided with a defensive player and – of course – a play on the last drive where Johnson was taken to the turf before he had a chance to catch the ball.

From usa today

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Again about the refs

Oh and I was right about the last drive of game...

Among the most controversial plays were an early hit to wide receiver Calvin Johnson that some believed appeared to be a hit to a defenseless receiver, a third-down incompletion intended for running back Reggie Bush (who appeared to be held on the play), a wiped out third-down conversion with a holding penalty against Johnson when he collided with a defensive player and – of course – a play on the last drive where Johnson was taken to the turf before he had a chance to catch the ball.

From usa today

That doesn't say the Bush play was from the last drive of the game.

The hit on CJ early in the game was a textbook hit. Shoulder pads to the chest to separate the receiver from the ball.

The legit gripes fans have are the holding on Bush on 3rd down and a clear PI against Calvin.

Those were offset by the plays I mention earlier. Don't be the guy that is complaining about refs costing you the game. I believe you to be better than that.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734

guys have no perspective sometimes...

irishfury

Get Money Gang
Daps
That doesn't say the Bush play was from the last drive of the game.

The hit on CJ early in the game was a textbook hit. Shoulder pads to the chest to separate the receiver from the ball.

The legit gripes fans have are the holding on Bush on 3rd down and a clear PI against Calvin.

Those were offset by the plays I mention earlier. Don't be the guy that is complaining about refs costing you the game. I believe you to be better than that.

No its not the only reason we lost the game. Its the same as I felt about the Browns game when we got to bullshyt calls for us. Which is my theory that the NFL only hates the browns more then the Lions. I don't mind losing hell I'm use to it. Just want a fair game called.

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Lions released TE Tony Scheffler, and sign OT Barry Richardson

Last edited: