Can William clay ford kick the bucket already official Detroit Lions 2013-14 season thread

*Hulks Up*

got that new coli smell
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The D (where it's so cold)
FARMINGTON HILLS (WWJ) Michigan State Police confirmed that Lions player Nate Burleson was in a car crash at 2:25 a.m. Tuesday.

The incident happened on westbound I-696 near Drake in Farmington Hills, police said, when Burleson was “trying to catch an object that was falling off his seat.”

He reached down to pick it up and hit the median wall, Lt. MIchael Shaw said.

Burleson was at fault in the one-car crash, Shaw said; but no ticket was issued.

Alcohol was not involved, Shaw said, adding Burleson declinedmedical treatment, though he did suffer a “minor injury.”

The Free Press’ Dave Birkett tweeted that Burleson broke his arm in two places and will have surgery. Birkett also reported that Burleson was driving home after watching Monday Night Football with his teammates.

The Lions confirmed the reports of surgery.

“Lions wide receiver Nate Burleson was involved in a one car accident overnight,” the team stated in a press release. “Burleson suffered a broken arm and will undergo surgery today. Police confirm there was no alcohol involved. We will provide appropriate updates when more information on Burleson’s condition becomes available.”

Burleson’s game Sunday was one of his best in recent memory. He recorded 116 receiving yards, the most on the team.

This would happen after Nate stepped his game up and was looking like a legit #2 receiver, oh well. I guess we really are cursed, only a Lions player would go on a 2am pizza run in an area with no 24 hour pizzas joints and crashed into the median. I mean let's really think about this, the season is possibly over because of pizza.:laff: This is a story that could only happen to the Lions.

*Hulks Up*

got that new coli smell
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The D (where it's so cold)
Wasn't there a Lions player that lost his mind and was wandering 696 with his luggage fukking up traffic?:laugh: This was a long looooong time ago, though but 696 has been definitely doing it's part in the curse.

FaygoMI

All Star
Daps
I actually doubt they'd take less than a 1st for him. They have no reason to deal him.

Kenny Britt is a much more likely target in my opinion.

Same thing I was thinking. Britt is also in the last year of his deal and could be had for what a 5th or 6th?

And they couldn't get a 1st for Gordon.... one more drug arrest and he is done for a whole year..... 3rd at best.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Same thing I was thinking. Britt is also in the last year of his deal and could be had for what a 5th or 6th?

And they couldn't get a 1st for Gordon.... one more drug arrest and he is done for a whole year..... 3rd at best.
But Gordon is on a dirt cheap contract through 2015. He may have off the field issues, but that's a rebuilding team and he's only 22, plus he's shown a lot of ability on the field. Doesn't make sense for Cleveland to give away their best playmaker. Him, Cameron and maybe Brian Hoyer is a nice core.

The asking price for Britt can't be much. If it only costs a 5th or 6th, they should definitely pull the trigger. We know Mayhew can't draft WRs for shyt. :pachaha: