Can William clay ford kick the bucket already official Detroit Lions 2013-14 season thread

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I so wish this was Staff's walk year, and he didnt get that extension:snoop:

Could have let sink or swim and let the market dictate his value, if they choose to bring him back at all.

I somewhat hope they do that with Suh in his walk year...find cap space elsewhere, and let the market dictate.

It is a damn shame some, to a small extent myself, think we need to draft high on the offensive side of the ball lol. More weapons to ovethrow :laugh: The problem is him!!!

Well he isnt the only problem. Like we all said for years the stupid penalties need to stop, and hopefully better coaching gets more out of the few young, inexspensive pieces we do have

*Hulks Up*

got that new coli smell
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The D (where it's so cold)
Seattle is like the opposite of Detroit. This team won't win anything with so much money tied up amongst three players. Suh has to go, he's simply not worth the money. No DT is going to justify the type of money Suh will get paid through his performance on the field alone, it's just not possible.

The biggest problem was paying Stafford like he's a franchise QB. And yet the team has to get a WR in the first round because he can't do shyt without another expensive weapon.

This. I hate to see this defense without Suh, I think his presence alone did alot for the Lions defense and it actually helped Fairley have a good season with Suh taking double teams, and moving Suh from DT to DE on some plays actually made holes in the O lines. I mean this is our main strength on defense and the only way the Lions could dominate on defense. The Lions really screwed themselves with Suh, no doubt Suh plays his final year and cashes out in FA.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I so wish this was Staff's walk year, and he didnt get that extension:snoop:

Could have let sink or swim and let the market dictate his value, if they choose to bring him back at all.

I somewhat hope they do that with Suh in his walk year...find cap space elsewhere, and let the market dictate.

It is a damn shame some, to a small extent myself, think we need to draft high on the offensive side of the ball lol. More weapons to ovethrow :laugh: The problem is him!!!

Well he isnt the only problem. Like we all said for years the stupid penalties need to stop, and hopefully better coaching gets more out of the few young, inexspensive pieces we do have

How many 40 td passers gonna be in free agency if u cut stafford? Either you get a rookie and Calvin will want out or you're now looking at Michael Vick or Mark Sanchez. Smart?

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This. I hate to see this defense without Suh, I think his presence alone did alot for the Lions defense and it actually helped Fairley have a good season with Suh taking double teams, and moving Suh from DT to DE on some plays actually made holes in the O lines. I mean this is our main strength on defense and the only way the Lions could dominate on defense. The Lions really screwed themselves with Suh, no doubt Suh plays his final year and cashes out in FA.

Lions will never draft well enough to cash out on a DT. Resign Fairley to a DT worthy deal and put the resources in the back 7. Weakness mitigation

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
How many 40 td passers gonna be in free agency if u cut stafford? Either you get a rookie and Calvin will want out or you're now looking at Michael Vick or Mark Sanchez. Smart?

:comeon: So stafford a 40 td passer cause he did it once 3 years ago.

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

that season was two years ago. He has the talent, so hopefully Caldwell and Limbardi get him back on track. Even in 2011 accuracy was an issue, and people had issues with his play.

What I'm saying is if they let him go without that extension does the market dictate 3/ 50 million plus. If anything why give him an extension when he has two years left instead of one. It was rushed and was a mistake on Mayhew/organizations end. A year later in 2014 after the way the season ended, would he get 3/50 plus? I dont think so. Could've had leverage with with two disappointing season hanging over his head. And if he wants elite qb money than go in a different direction.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
That's two different questions. The first contract was the rookie deal as the #1 pick in the draft. That was what we would have to pay. The contract Stafford got as #1 pick goes to anyone we took at the pick. In which case you gotta compare Stafford with Mark Sanchez, Aaron Curry, Jason Smith and Josh Freeman. We aren't privy to the 2009 trade scenarios.

The second question has to do with Staffords 3 year 57 mil extension. Compare Staffords last 48 games and age 25 to Romo's at age 33 and Cutler at age 30. Matt Stafford is on par with both and makes less, while being much younger. Stafford is the Lions all time leading passer already, Minnesota would die to have a QB with Staffords "problems"
Lol make sure you include that one good season stafford had huh:pachaha:

I was stafford biggest supporter until this season. It was time to show and prove and he showed that he wasn't ready. Can't read a defense can't pass with any accuracy consistently can't make the simple passes. Can't dink and dunk a drive

If you think stafford has shown that he's a good qb that's good for u.

I don't care what he did in 2011-12 that shyt is over with

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
that season was two years ago. He has the talent, so hopefully Caldwell and Limbardi get him back on track. Even in 2011 accuracy was an issue, and people had issues with his play.

What I'm saying is if they let him go without that extension does the market dictate 3/ 50 million plus. If anything why give him an extension when he has two years left instead of one. It was rushed and was a mistake on Mayhew/organizations end. A year later in 2014 after the way the season ended, would he get 3/50 plus? I dont think so. Could've had leverage with with two disappointing season hanging over his head. And if he wants elite qb money than go in a different direction.
That stafford extension didn't help the cap anyway. They signed him after free agency.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Lol make sure you include that one good season stafford had huh:pachaha:

I was stafford biggest supporter until this season. It was time to show and prove and he showed that he wasn't ready. Can't read a defense can't pass with any accuracy consistently can't make the simple passes. Can't dink and dunk a drive

If you think stafford has shown that he's a good qb that's good for u.

I don't care what he did in 2011-12 that shyt is over with

You've seen the light at the end of the tunnel. It's a bunch of nikkas with signs and lights saying the tunnel got flooded.

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Different situations, though. Flacco was a free agent, Staff had two more years. One team won the Super Bowl, the other lost its last eight games. Not all on Stafford, but he takes some blame. My thing is at the very least it came one year too early. Imagine him looking to negotiate this off season after the results of the last two years. He might have rolled the dice, like Flacco and played the last year out. Doubt it, but if he did and they fail in grand fashion for a third season, with his poor play being a factor, you walk away. ...Or if didnt want to chance it and if he signs an extension its not 3/50 plus.

Either way you're better off than they're now. Whats done is done, and just hope new coaches can get him on track, along with the rest of the team.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
It's a moot point arguing the Stafford extension. Obviously it was premature, but what's done is done. This now falls on the Caldwell hire. If he's the right guy, and I have my doubts, he'll get Stafford turned around. We all know the talent's there, he just has to be consistent on the field.

I really think Caldwell's gonna be in a one-and-done situation if they miss the playoffs and Stafford plays like shyt again. Everyone's gonna be gone.