Can We Finally Admit Next-Gen Sucks?

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Same old shyt I got on Wii. I'm sure Bayonetta 2 is great but I doubt its any different from the original. My point is, we were playing the same games minus a few small changes years ago.
MK8, Smash Bros are huge improvements over their predecessor titles, especially in the online department. Brawl is a joke compared to 4. Mario 3D World is more akin to 3D Land than Galaxy. But come they'll never be games like Galaxy 1&2 again.

Daps
Reppin
SN1
MK8, Smash Bros are huge improvements over their predecessor titles, especially in the online department. Brawl is a joke compared to 4.
Can you elaborate? I stopped following Smash Bros when I heard they took out my mains (Snake, PKMN Trainer) but other than 8 player matches I don't see any big improvements and I hear they took out Adventure Mode or whatever its called all together which for me is a big downgrade. Mario Kart peaked with Double Dash and I really doubt they made any huge changes. Sunshine > Galaxy. I suppose the Mario game is a fairly new experience.

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
fukk nintendo too man; theyre no better :laugh: they rely on nostalgia more than anybody

where's the new I.P at nintendo? fukkin splatoon? you kidding me

I wanna see some real game-changing shyt. stuff that wasn't possible in previous generations. but none of the big 3 are stepping up. is that too much to ask? :patrice:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
breh, have you seen that new no man's sky gameplay trailer? :scusthov:

looks like trash forreal :snoop: I had high hopes for this game but it looks way too ambitious for its meager indie budget. the procedurally-generated stuff is gonna get old quick if there's nothing you can really do/interact with in the world. the graphics are nothing to write home about either. ps3/360 could handle that

if you want space sims on some REAL next-level, next -gen type shyt its all on PC

look up star citizen and elite dangerous....now THAT's the shyt i'm talking about! :gladbron: both make no man's sky look like ass

You actually do more than just look around
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=142056214

cfountain

Wavy Like A Lake
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
between my Wii U, PS3, 3DS, Vita and Steam I've been eating like a damn king:eat:

I got too many games to play now:wow:

I dont mind continuing to wait to cop my PS4:yeshrug:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
It's just been a lackluster year. This happens from time to time. It won't last. 2015 looks real good.

Witcher 3 is what I'm most excited about :blessed:

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk nintendo too man; theyre no better :laugh: they rely on nostalgia more than anybody

where's the new I.P at nintendo? fukkin splatoon? you kidding me

I wanna see some real game-changing shyt. stuff that wasn't possible in previous generations. but none of the big 3 are stepping up. is that too much to ask? :patrice:
splatoon will be piff :ufdup:

i have a wii u and i couldnt be more satisfied. there are too many games on that system for me to play. ill be fed for at least 2-3 years

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nostalgia & HD remakes seem to be the lifeblood of the industry right now :snoop:

what a fukking joke :pachaha:

next-gen sucks :laugh:

Its what's trending right now, movies, comic's tv shows and games. Everyone is scared to be original now.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mean like even the good stuff is re imagining of existing material right now, GoT, Walking dead etc etc

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
traded in my xbox one and havent looked back since. shyt is a scam. paying all that extra money for some extra graphics. :scust:

not to mention the lack of games which leaves you dumbfounded at how you can release a games console and have like 10 games out for it. :deadrose:

im not a big gamer, (i still play 360) but if I was serious about gaming id have to build a gaming pc. the community mods look piff.

Weren't you the weed head claiming you were selling all your shyt to buy more weed cause you didn't have a job?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
nostalgia & HD remakes seem to be the lifeblood of the industry right now :snoop:

what a fukking joke :pachaha:

next-gen sucks :laugh:
this gen just started... every gen has a mario, halo, metal gear, madden, god of war etc etc... they're called franchises.. this will never go away

now not just next gen.. but new IPs in just the past year

titanfall
last of us
driveclub
the order
watchdogs
bloodborne
shadow of mordor
let it die
no man's sky
sunset overdrive
destiny

and there's probably more i missed... and it's year 1.. that's not counting all the new additions to old franchises... they are not gonna take a game that sold 5 million copies and throw it in the trash to TRY and make a game to sell the same amount. so there will always be less original games.. but they are still being made..

and once they decide to stop making games for 360 and ps3 completely, that's when we get the great games flowing.. cause really they still have to work around 4 systems instead of 2

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Copped the ps4 gta/last of us bundle just cause I figured that's a great deal and I'd have to upgrade sooner than later...can't say that I've been thoroughly impressed so far