Can We Finally Admit Next-Gen Sucks?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
Are you new to this whole gaming thing? We're just over a year into a 5 or 6 year cycle. You don't even start getting better games until year 2 really. Things don't hit their stride until over half way into the generation.

get the fukk outta here :laugh:

PS2 was 1-year old in 2001 and it was one of the greatest years in gaming history. 2007 was fukking awesome as well

wtf did we have to play this year? shyt I played last year? shyt I played 10 years ago? some 8-bit hipster fakkitry? this gen is just about banking on nostalgia and playing it safe. nothing new or interesting

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
get the fukk outta here :laugh:

PS2 was 1-year old in 2001 and it was one of the greatest years in gaming history. 2007 was fukking awesome as well

wtf did we have to play this year? shyt I played last year? shyt I played 10 years ago? some 8-bit hipster fakkitry?
the PS2 was from a different era. That was the era where advances in technology meant they could make games that weren't possible before. We've gone well into diminishing returns now. The tech lets them make games already possible better but you aren't going to see games that were totally impossible in generations past just a greater scale.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I look at HD remasters just like movie remasters when a new format comes out.

I welcome remasters because games are visual and nothing everyone played them on past gen systems.

Maybe you haven't seen the current gen only games that are dropping next year. Imagine No Man's Sky on the past gen systems

dBoyFresh*212

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
the coli
games nowadays have sooo much content plus everygame has a season pass now that gives like 25% more content ontop of that. it used to be okay i killed the boss i beat the game . now its you beat the game but did you get all the collectibles? did you beat the mini game? did you beat the online? did you get all the expansion packs? you understand me.

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
I look at HD remasters just like movie remasters when a new format comes out.

I welcome remasters because games are visual and nothing everyone played them on past gen systems.

Maybe you haven't seen the current gen only games that are dropping next year. Imagine No Man's Sky on the past gen systems

breh, have you seen that new no man's sky gameplay trailer? :scusthov:

looks like trash forreal :snoop: I had high hopes for this game but it looks way too ambitious for its meager indie budget. the procedurally-generated stuff is gonna get old quick if there's nothing you can really do/interact with in the world. the graphics are nothing to write home about either. ps3/360 could handle that

if you want space sims on some REAL next-level, next -gen type shyt its all on PC

look up star citizen and elite dangerous....now THAT's the shyt i'm talking about! :gladbron: both make no man's sky look like ass

dBoyFresh*212

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
the coli
breh, have you seen that new no man's sky gameplay trailer? :scusthov:

looks like trash forreal :snoop: I had high hopes for this game but it looks way too ambitious for its meager indie budget. the procedurally-generated stuff is gonna get old quick if there's nothing you can really do/interact with in the world. the graphics are nothing to write home about either. ps3/360 could handle that

if you want space sims on some REAL next-level, next -gen type shyt its all on PC

look up star citizen and elite dangerous....now THAT's the shyt i'm talking about! :gladbron: both make no man's sky look like ass

his better be free to play . i am def not buying a game to fly arrond all day and i cant even shoot at opps what parta the game is that??

that art design is phenominal tho

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
I'm just waiting on the next-gen EXCLUSIVES, as in titles that aren't on the PS3/360. It IS frustrating that I bought a next-gen console where the best titles are GTAV, NBA2K15, ACIV, Diablo III, COD: AW, etc..

Honest to God, the Wii U DOES have the library than the PS4/One. It has the best exclusives.

Daps
Reppin
SN1
From what I've owned and played:

Super Smash Bros
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8

Bayonetta 2 is supposed to be great too but I haven't gotten it yet probably will later in the month.
Same old shyt I got on Wii. I'm sure Bayonetta 2 is great but I doubt its any different from the original. My point is, we were playing the same games minus a few small changes years ago.