Can we all agree that The Neptunes are top 5 Hip Hop producers?

laughslikebig

Banned
Daps
Of course... Neptune’s have a 20+ year Run..

Most them nikkas y’all naming had like 4 years tops.

Couldn’t change with the times.

Neptune’s been dope in every era.

That counts for something.

Phantom Dreamer

All Star
Daps
I'm talking about the beat-makers.

why couldn't dre bring the best out of himself??:laugh:

The only "beat-makers" I can recall are Daz and Warren G. Mel-Man always got his credit, so I won't include him. They were taught by Dre and became legendary West Coast producers on their own strength:smugdraper:. Warren brought in some samples for the Chronic :aicmon:. Daz programmed some drums that he got credit for :dahell:. Doggystyle had no real credits, and I don't doubt that Daz put in work, but not the whole album :whoa:.

That's the original Daz beat. The album version still has the Daz beat but with more instruments and more :banderas:.

Storch, Elizondo, Mark Batson, and all them were all professional musicians before the fact.

And Daz would have Mike Dean and Soopafly regularly co-produce with him so he took something from Dre :manny:

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Neptunes/Pharrell stan here...

Not top 5 hip-hop producers/beatmakers.

Their strongest works are outside of hip-hop. They got put on by an R&B producer. They have classic hip-hop hits.

Overall producers in pop music then they’re easily top 10.

Last edited:

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
The only "beat-makers" I can recall are Daz and Warren G. Mel-Man always got his credit, so I won't include him. They were taught by Dre and became legendary West Coast producers on their own strength. Warren brought in some samples for the Chronic . Daz programmed some drums that he got credit for Doggystyle had no real credits, and I don't doubt that Daz put in work, but not the whole album

That's the original Daz beat. The album version still has the Daz beat but with more instruments and more

Storch, Elizondo, Mark Batson, and all them were all professional musicians before the fact.

And Daz would have Mike Dean and Soopafly regularly co-produce with him so he took something from Dre

:mindblown: THIS IS THE SAME BEAT. It doesn't matter if they added a couple flutes. lol. thanks for proving my point.

and dre had way more beat scandals than just daz & warren.

also, youre too quick to give credit to dre for teaching them. warren was under big hutch & above the law's wing first. the same dudes who got their beats jacked by dre way back when. the real creators of g-funk as well.

Teddy Riley didn't make all of his beats either. He also had musicians and session players.

of course he did.

what beatmakers did he hide behind tho?

a 4-year run in a golden era >>> a 10 year run post-Viacom w/ a lot of forced hits

I don't know where you got 20 years from. I cant even remember the last time the neptunes had a popular hip-hop beat out.

Last edited:

vampire xtc

The E-Legend
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
lol nah

no order

premo
pete rock
rick rubin
marley
timbo
kanye
havoc

i could keep going with eric sermon or blaze

and i use to fukkin LOVE the 45 king remix's back in the day

but thats another post lol

neptunes are cool but not top 5

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I wouldn't say they had a 20+ year run. They had an incredible run from 2002-2006 in Hip Hop of consistent classic hits and they also released Lord Willin' during that period. The 1997-2001 was dope too, but it wasn't as huge as the 2002-2006 period. After 2006, the hits started drying up with some minor hits like Jay's "Blue Magic". Then Pharrell blew up in 2013 and 2Chainz had "Feds Watchin". Kendrick's "Alright" was the last Neptunes/Pharrell hit.

laughslikebig

Banned
Daps
I wouldn't say they had a 20+ year run. They had an incredible run from 2002-2006 in Hip Hop of consistent classic hits and they also released Lord Willin' during that period. The 1997-2001 was dope too, but it wasn't as huge as the 2002-2006 period. After 2006, the hits started drying up with some minor hits like Jay's "Blue Magic". Then Pharrell blew up in 2013 and 2Chainz had "Feds Watchin". Kendrick's "Alright" was the last Neptunes/Pharrell hit.

I consider Pharrels solo production work Neptunes to tho. If we're talking hits then most the producers mentioned in this thread havent had a hit in 20 years+

Whats the last Pete Rock banger? Pharrell got shyt thats rocking out this year.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I consider Pharrels solo production work Neptunes to tho. If we're talking hits then most the producers mentioned in this thread havent had a hit in 20 years+

Whats the last Pete Rock banger? Pharrell got shyt thats rocking out this year.

Based off hits, then yeah, you could make a case for The Neptunes. In that regard, the only other Hip Hop producers that would be in contention would be Dre, Timbo, and Kanye.

laughslikebig

Banned
Daps
Based off hits, then yeah, you could make a case for The Neptunes. In that regard, the only other Hip Hop producers that would be in contention would be Dre, Timbo, and Kanye.

RZA been trash longer than he was dope IMO. Neptunes can still go in the studio now and make some fire. FOR ANYBODY. I think they could make a rap hit in any era.

JayBaldacci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
RZA been trash longer than he was dope IMO. Neptunes can still go in the studio now and make some fire. FOR ANYBODY. I think they could make a rap hit in any era.

They also made the same sounding beats for pop and rap acts which was bad.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

RZA still has a stronger case for a Top 5 Hip Hop producer though based off of:

36 Chambers
Only Built 4 Cuban Linx
Liquid Swords
Return to the 36 Chambers
Iron Man