Can We All Agree That "Avowed" Is Xbox's Most Exciting Exclusive?

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
Yup, anyone that's played Pillars knows it one ups Elder Scrolls in every category pretty much.

If they can really get that Wildfire aesthetic down in FPS form...breh :whew:

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I'm more interested in Avowed than Starfield. I don't know why but I feel like Starfield is going to be Skyrim in space with that same old dusty engine that Bethesda has been using for what feels like 20 years, just with updated graphics. And I've been burnt out on that whole setup since before Fallout 4. I'm keeping my fingers crossed with Avowed. My only doubts about Avowed is due to the Outer Worlds. That game felt and played just like Fallout. If Avowed plays and feels just like Skyrim, sigh......I'm not gonna be able to do it. It's gonna be bushes for me. I know there are a lot of people that love those games, and I am one of them. But I'm also sick of them. LOL.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I'm more interested in Avowed than Starfield. I don't know why but I feel like Starfield is going to be Skyrim in space with that same old dusty engine that Bethesda has been using for what feels like 20 years, just with updated graphics. And I've been burnt out on that whole setup since before Fallout 4. I'm keeping my fingers crossed with Avowed. My only doubts about Avowed is due to the Outer Worlds. That game felt and played just like Fallout. If Avowed plays and feels just like Skyrim, sigh......I'm not gonna be able to do it. It's gonna be bushes for me. I know there are a lot of people that love those games, and I am one of them. But I'm also sick of them. LOL.

I doubt Starfield will use the exact same engine but it'll be similar, and updated. I don't really understand where the bethesda engine criticism comes from because Morrowind -> Oblivion -> Skyrim are pretty big jumps from each other. If Fallout never existed I don't think this criticism would exist.

Avowed will likely be using an updated version of Outer Worlds engine. But the thing about Obsidian is that they aren't known for good combat or innovation, they just tell good stories and do roleplaying well. So likely Avowed will be clunky and not good combat-wise but have great characters, setting and dialogue.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Lots of great games coming from Xbox studios.

For me my most anticipated game is Fable.

Playground games been killing it for years. Fable is one of my favorite franchises.

Sounds like a recipe for what I need in gaming :noah:

Avowed is second on my list. Outer worlds was great, New Vegas was great. Really excited to see the culmination of obsidians expertise over the last couple years.

Honorable mention goes to “Redfall” cause Arkane is Arkane.

Like I said, it’s plenty to be excited about when it comes to Xbox studios. :blessed:

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Morrowind -> Oblivion -> Skyrim are pretty big jumps from each other. .
Graphically yes. But those games feel maddeningly similar. All of the characters move the same, they fight the same, all the interactions are the same. And it doesn't change a whole lot from Morrowind to Fallout 4. And for some folks that is fine. And for me, for a long time it was fine, but at this point I'm tired of it. I had to force myself to finish the Outer Worlds just because it felt so much like those Bethesda games. I have no interest at all in the sequel. And look, I'm not a game dev. I'm pretty sure if you were to pop the hood, there is a whole lot different going on behind the scenes in Fallout IV for instance, than there is in Morrowind. I get that. But I'm not staring at code while I'm playing the game. I'm going off the feel. And for me, that's just how it feels. I'll give them a fair shot when the games release. Both Starfield and Avowed. But I wouldn't be all that surprised either if I end up not playing them.