can we agree that John Calipari and Roy Williams are not good coaches?

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Look at the team Calipari took within a within one missed FT of the national title game in memphis, and tell me that dude is a bad coach.

I know @track 1 is trolling, but there are a lot of people who think Calipari only works with very talented teams. Thats not anywhere near the truth. Its not like his UMass teams were bustling with top notch NBA players either.

Last edited by a moderator:

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
Cal single handedly lost the championship game for Memphis :flabbynsick:

2_zps77a52693.png

Or, Or, Mario Chalmers won it for Kansas :troll:

I'm from Kansas so there are a lot of people here that love the fact that Bill Self gives Roy that work every time they play each in the tournament.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Yet ESPN wanted us all to feel like :gladbron: when he went home to Carolina. As a Mizzou fan I was happy to have him leave the conference but I only expected him to take his bullshyt to NC and hold them back from titles.
Except he's led them to two titles, and would have led them to 3 if his pg didn't break his hand last year right before the tourney.

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
oh, niggs still tryna hold on to that shyt w/ roy after he switched the lineup? cool.

if anything, after everyone left this team for dead (*NIT) in jan and he switched his whole strategy whereas some coaches would never do that, its proven how good of a coach he is.

plus

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome
Look at the team Calipari took within a within one missed FT of the national title game in memphis, and tell me that dude is a bad coach.

I know @track 1 is trolling, but there are a lot of people who think Calipari only works with very talented teams. Thats not anywhere near the truth. Its not like his UMass teams were bustling with top notch NBA players either.

marcus camby wasnt top notch talent

and playing in the a-10 helps as well

Last edited by a moderator:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
marcus camby wasnt top notch talent

and playing in the a-10 helps as well
you do know what "bustling" means, right?

Name another NBA player on that 1996 UMass team?

And back in the mid 90s, the A10 was the best non-BCS conference

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome
you do know what "bustling" means, right?

Name another NBA player on that 1996 UMass team?

And back in the mid 90s, the A10 was the best non-BCS conference

besides temple the a-10 wasnt that good

1990s Scoreboard

that schedule wasnt that tough

no there wasnt another nba player from that team doesnt mean them players werent good college players

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
oh, niggs still tryna hold on to that shyt w/ roy after he switched the lineup? cool.

if anything, after everyone left this team for dead (*NIT) in jan and he switched his whole strategy whereas some coaches would never do that, its proven how good of a coach he is.

plus

Exactly! A damn near career .800 win percentage is considered garbage now? Is Roy the best, no. But he's far from garbage. I believe this year might be one of Roy's better coaching season.

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome
Exactly! A damn near career .800 win percentage is considered garbage now? Is Roy the best, no. But he's far from garbage. I believe this year might be one of Roy's better coaching season.

roy couldnt get it done at kansas

took him a loaded line up with ray felton ad crew to win one:bryan:

Arrogance.

King Novak of Melbourne, the First of His Name
Daps
Reppin
TSC/LToMD
Except he's led them to two titles, and would have led them to 3 if his pg didn't break his hand last year right before the tourney.

And I won't take those two titles away from him. UNC 05 was the best team in college ball that year. UNC 09 was a group of upperclassmen staying around long enough to develop their game further and make a legit run at a national title. Roy did great with those two teams.

Doesn't change the fact that he never actually won shyt at Kansas. Or my opinion, that he's on the lower tier of "elite" coaches. If he doesn't leave for UNC I think at most he wins one title.