Can we agree that captain America has out supermaned Superman.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Hang with regarding what?:jbhmm:

Cuz thats kind of an intriguing questions that can be debated in MANY ways:ehh:

cap and iron man are watered down versions of superman and batman. what's awe inspiring at captain america? his superhuman strength. what's awe inspiring about iron man? his intellect and his wits. batman and superman are literally the archetypes from which those two characters draw from.

they are also a lot more bound by the limits of our imagination. captain america couldn't fly or else it would be stupid. iron man couldn't handle a room full of thugs without his armor or else it would be stupid. we wouldn't buy it.

batman and superman are far better symbols. just way more imaginative.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
cap and iron man are watered down versions of superman and batman. what's awe inspiring at captain america? his superhuman strength. what's awe inspiring about iron man? his intellect and his wits. batman and superman are literally the archetypes from which those two characters draw from.

they are also a lot more bound by the limits of our imagination. captain america couldn't fly or else it would be stupid. iron man couldn't handle a room full of thugs without his armor or else it would be stupid. we wouldn't buy it.

batman and superman are far better symbols. just way more imaginative.

See I disagree with that off the base that I dont think Cap and Ironman are like Superman and Batman or vice versa

I mean ok, both Batman and Ironman are both billionaires with no powers, no parents, and superheros but I feel thats where their similarities end

Superman is an alien that in his purest form is just a civilian with a career and everyday life time.

Cap is a trained soldier that was trained to be a warrior and a true American war hero, he basically is always looking for the war

Just because they are the faces of their respective Cinematic Universes dont really mean they are equivalent counterparts

I kinda get what you're trynna get out.... but thats where I feel theres a misrepresentation that can distort shyt

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

giphy.gif

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
If they had taken cues from Mark Millar's 1610 Cap for the MCUverse, this convo wouldn't exist.

Marvel is going for translation of classic characters (majority of them, some like bruce banner and hawkeye have had changes). DCCU is(was?) going with something radically different. But they've been doing that with the animated -verse as well, so it's not like it came outta nowhere...

teacher

All Star
Daps
Comic book fans, please tell me this plot they got going where Captain America was secretly Hydra all along is gonna be retconned soon :snoop:

He's not, red skull just played with steve's memories.

• Dap
Reactions: flo

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
This is just something that keeps getting repeated and yet I've never seen one single point made. Just a half baked sentence with no rhyme or reason or actually point being made.

One marvel stan said it because he thought it sounded good and then other marvel stans ran with it.

So captain American is a mass murderer yet he's out supermanning superman?

I'm confused.

Captain Anerica is a soldier. Soldiers kill.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
doesn't matter

Which Superhero Earns $1.3 Billion a Year?

In the battle of Marvel vs. DC Comics, there is one clear winner

This story first appeared in the Nov. 21 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.

Much has been made of the arms race between Disney's Marvel Studios and Warner Bros.' DC Comics to create superhero movies through 2020. Less debated is a key financial underpinning of the war: Licensing revenue generates tens of billions of dollars for Hollywood companies, and DC needs a heroic effort to catch Marvel in licensing profits.

On Oct. 15, Warners CEO Kevin Tsujihara said that if he can close the current gap by half, the studio could earn an additional $150 million a year in profits. How big is the gap? In May, License Global placed Disney first among licensors with sales of about $41 billion in 2013; Warners was seventh with $6 billion. Both have strong properties: The Licensing Letter listed Marvel's Spider-Man global retail sales at $1.3 billion and Avengers at $325 million in 2013, compared with DC's Batman at $494 million and Superman at $277 million.

"Marvel has a big head start," says Ira Mayer, publisher of The Licensing Letter, adding, "It's not that Warners can't do it, but it is going to take a lot of time and money and energy to make it happen."

Marvel_vs_DC_Licensing_Chart.jpg

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Captain American has only out-Supermanned Superman because they stuck true to his character. People can talk all that crap about "nobody wants a boyscout" but everyone can relate to a hard working guy just trying to make the world a little bit better, and despite his powers that's still what Superman boils down to, a midwest farmer boy raised to look out for others.

With Steve Rogers you can bring everything about his character back to his pre-power days of being just a small Brooklyn kid trying to do right. With Superman you can bring everything about his character back to his childhood days of being an outsider in a world that could fear him yet raised to not let that hold him down and become a part of it.

The Cap movies have perfectly captured that aspect of Steve Rogers that make him relatable and a guy to look up to, where on the other hand MoS and BvS just keep hammering down this cynical, angst-ridden narrative.

MIKE SPLEAN

Superstar
Daps
Not really. Captain Americas movies are the best marvel has ever done. Winter soldier and Civil War.....I don't recognize the first one.

But let be real. His MOVIES aren't even About him for the most part. The second one was about Bucky but it did make captain america cool. and the third one was a Avengers 3/ iron man 4/ black panther movie.
Thread

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Metropolis is in Illinois?! :ehh:
Thanks for the info I wasn't aware, they both have statues and Supes has a roller coaster. lol
But look at that costume. :mjlol: It's terrible. They should have went with a single metallic joint. That makes statues regal.

There's a town called Metropolis in Illinois, but the city in the comics took its skyline from Toronto.